Powers: "60 Minutes" Interview Was Like "State-Run Media Propaganda"

KIRSTEN POWERS: “It was really something you would expect from like, the state-run media. It was that kind of level of propaganda as far as I’m concerned. … I can understand maybe in agreeing to the interview, letting them have maybe one softball question in the beginning and then move on to more important things. This was a joke. Just not challenging basic things like the president claiming that Hillary’s been a great secretary of state in part because they have dismantled Al Qaeda. Now, I’m sorry, is anyone paying attention to what’s going on in North Africa? Why is the president not asked about Algeria, Mali, Libya? These are front and center in the news right now.”

Powers: “60 Minutes” Interview Was Like “State-Run Media Propaganda” | RealClearPolitics

Objective: Dismantle Al-Qaeda. Status: Accomplished.

Really? I hope you don’t actually believe this. You are joking, right?

There was a Navy Seal on Fox And Friends this morning who survived the “Black Hawk Down” incident Migadishu. He said Hillary did the same thing at Benghazi that her husband did at Migadishu. The Seals desperately called for help that was available and both Clintons turned them down. Both Clintons are murderers. If you vote for a Clinton, doom on you!

I find Ms. Powers quite interesting - more specifically, I find her metamorphosis quite interesting. About 6 months ago, or so, I caught her on FOX. Not unusual - she’s been on very often for at least a couple of years. Don’t remember the topic she was addressing, but I remember thinking I noticed a softening of what I had previously perceived to be her rather staunch, at times even strident, liberal take on events/issues. At the time I just assumed I must have been mistaken and gave it little more thought.

Now, however, I’ve seen her many times on FOX since that day and I now have no doubt she has moved away from her hard left position on many issues. Unlike other liberals - she’s no conservative to be sure - she has often voiced opposition to many elements of Obama’s agenda - she has been very critical of the lack of candor by Obama and Hillary Clinton regarding Benghazi and the general indifference toward the lack of security and lack of response provided the victims of the embassy attack. She’s recently been critical of Obama’s fiscal policy/spending.

Set in this context, I do not find her quote regarding the Obama/Clinton dog and pony show to be surprising.

There might be hope for her yet.