Praise Report/Testimony Thread

Used to listen to the Lutheran Hour years ago…and my kids loved the Davey and Goliath programs, but I guess those were ECLA. I know the LCMS producted a number of specials that we watched, though…usually at Christmas and Easter.

I’m especially blessed to hear LOTS of praise reports because of being a religion writer for a newspaper. I just did an interview this week with a lady who went to Kenya to help with some orphanages and schools there. God opened many doors for her to be able to go…and now she is making plans to go back.

The interview before that was with a guy who was into the drug scene for 20 years and spent time in prison…then he met the Lord and told God he would devote his life to Him, inside prison or out…and the next week he was sent to a drug rehab facility where he learned a lot about the Bible and how to teach it. He is now a youth pastor with a heart for reaching kids before they get to the place where he was. The list goes on and on.

We had good news in our church this past week. A lady had a stroke a little over a week ago; unlike many strokes, it didn’t after her motor coordination nor her speech. However, because of the loss of the blood supply to part of her brain, she was expected to have continued deterioration until they found out where the blockage was and corrected it. But what happened was that the blood supply found its own alternate route around the blockage, stopping the deterioration. She was able to be in church Sunday morning!

I just wanted to share something real quick.

My teens at church went to a Biblically based Senior High Camp last week and when they came back, MAN were they electrified! It was infectious! Many of them shared how they were filled with the Holy Spirit and how God was moving in their lives. And they’re stoked to go back to school so they can shine their light for Christ. I’ll tell you, there’s nothing like seeing teenagers up at the front alter praying and praising God sincerely. It always brings a tear to my eye. And these teens could put some of our adults to shame. :yes:

Let not your hearts be troubled. I know we see a lot of lost young people in the world today, but I know that God is going to use this young generation to make a difference. :smile:

More updates to follow…

Here I am. I’ll sticky the thread.

Thank you :smile:

Pew jumping Catholic, who came back to God when I realized how foolish I had been. Now a proud member of the Wide Open Spaces church.

My great-granddaughter Keely had her tonsils & adenoids removed on March 10 (I just found out about it today). Her breathing is easier, and she doesn’t snore at night any more. Hopefully this will help to speed up her muscle development (she’s been in physical therapy most of her life), and perhaps soon she will be able to crawl, and then to walk like a normal almost-3-year-old.

Thank you all and God for this thread and the prayer request thread. I was just thinking that we should have one and lo and behold here it is. I must have missed it before.

I just wanted to say that God has been helping me along splendidly through my unemployment. I have no money and I’m not eligable for unemployment but God has given me peace. I know I will be ok.

Christian sister here. I attend Calvary Chapel, a bible teaching/believing Protestant church.

I just want to praise God for watching over my niece Suzanne and her husband. They are missionaries in Uganda, in Kampala, where the terrorist strikes were earlier this week. The stadium that was bombed is 2 miles from where they live; the restaurant is across town. They were watching the sports that day - but while visiting friends 20 miles away. God is good!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/hallelujah.gif

I am a Christan however if there is enough evidence to convict me of this may be a problem.

My great-niece Qavah has just returned home after nearly 5 months in Pittsburgh Children’s hospital. She had a bone marrow transplant. She is doing well - she no longer has to have blood transfusions every three weeks or so (which was the reason for the transplant), but she is having some GI problems and can’t eat properly yet. She arrived home with her Dad & Mom at 2:15 am Monday. When she first caught sight of their home, she cried out, “There it is!” Then she started to say, “I can’t believe I’m finally home!” but burst into tears. In the midst of her crying, her parents heard her saying, “Happy tears! Happy tears.” She had her 9th birthday while in the hospital.

[quote=“Susanna, post:33, topic:19691”]
My great-niece Qavah has just returned home after nearly 5 months in Pittsburgh Children’s hospital. She had a bone marrow transplant. She is doing well - she no longer has to have blood transfusions every three weeks or so (which was the reason for the transplant), but she is having some GI problems and can’t eat properly yet. She arrived home with her Dad & Mom at 2:15 am Monday. When she first caught sight of their home, she cried out, “There it is!” Then she started to say, “I can’t believe I’m finally home!” but burst into tears. In the midst of her crying, her parents heard her saying, “Happy tears! Happy tears.” She had her 9th birthday while in the hospital.
[/quote]That sounds like great news. I wish her the best

More about Qavah - her brother and sister were waiting for her with a welcome home party in those wee ours of the morning!

As a child, baptized and raised catholic, I grew up planning to be a nun. In my preteen years, I had altogether given up going to church, found myself drunk, high and passed out at a party. I woke up with bruises on my thighs and semen on my shirt. No longer a virgin, I was so angry at God for allowing that to happen to me that I renounced my faith. I told anyone who would listen that I didn’t believe in God. I spent the next decade and a half in misery, bitterness, drowning in alcohol and various other drugs. At 21 I met a man who seemed to literally glow. I was enamored of him, yet still hated myself so I left him. We reunited, and life improved but I was still very unhappy with life in general. During our time together, planning on having 8 kids, we experienced 10 miscarriages. After the first one, I kept thinking about the fact that I’d had 2 abortions and this was my well-deserved punishment, all the way to the 10th. At about that time, I began praying again. After having 3 perfect daughters, I started to read the bible and attend church. I now also have a perfect son. 6 years ago, I felt like I was awake for the first time since my childhood. Like I was blind, and now have been given the gift of true seeing. I was driving one day and was praying for guidance and reassurance about facing foreclosure with 4 kids under 4. God revealed Himself to me and I saw Him in the sky and felt as though He had given me a kiss that soothed my soul. I know He is watching over us. There are times when my children say things that must be an angel speaking through them to me, like reminding me to be kind and gentle to these Blessings. I’ve seen my kids fall and are seemingly caught and slowed by (?) a cloud, or invisible being. In church, I felt the holy spirit enter into me and it was so exhilarating, I wonder why I don’t go to church everyday. I ask for patience and wisdom to teach my children, and see the effects immediately. I never thought that God would forgive the things I’d done wrong, but He did, after some chastisement and I’ll never doubt His existence, kindness, forgiveness, power or love again.

That is an awesome testimony and example of God’s grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Thanks for sharing.

[quote=“blessed, post:36, topic:19691”]
As a child, baptized and raised catholic, I grew up planning to be a nun. In my preteen years, I had altogether given up going to church, found myself drunk, high and passed out at a party. I woke up with bruises on my thighs and semen on my shirt. No longer a virgin, I was so angry at God for allowing that to happen to me that I renounced my faith. I told anyone who would listen that I didn’t believe in God. I spent the next decade and a half in misery, bitterness, drowning in alcohol and various other drugs. At 21 I met a man who seemed to literally glow. I was enamored of him, yet still hated myself so I left him. We reunited, and life improved but I was still very unhappy with life in general. During our time together, planning on having 8 kids, we experienced 10 miscarriages. After the first one, I kept thinking about the fact that I’d had 2 abortions and this was my well-deserved punishment, all the way to the 10th. At about that time, I began praying again. After having 3 perfect daughters, I started to read the bible and attend church. I now also have a perfect son. 6 years ago, I felt like I was awake for the first time since my childhood. Like I was blind, and now have been given the gift of true seeing. I was driving one day and was praying for guidance and reassurance about facing foreclosure with 4 kids under 4. God revealed Himself to me and I saw Him in the sky and felt as though He had given me a kiss that soothed my soul. I know He is watching over us. There are times when my children say things that must be an angel speaking through them to me, like reminding me to be kind and gentle to these Blessings. I’ve seen my kids fall and are seemingly caught and slowed by (?) a cloud, or invisible being. In church, I felt the holy spirit enter into me and it was so exhilarating, I wonder why I don’t go to church everyday. I ask for patience and wisdom to teach my children, and see the effects immediately. I never thought that God would forgive the things I’d done wrong, but He did, after some chastisement and I’ll never doubt His existence, kindness, forgiveness, power or love again.
[/quote]Blessed, what an awesome testimony. Loved reading it. In return, I would like you to read mine.

I always thought I believed.
As many of you know, I was homeless for over two years. I had a backpack and was able to find day labor, to keep me eating while I was heading for Georgia,where my family was. I was picked up by a couple who was having a bit of trouble getting “home”. They were stopping in every town,to beg enough gas to get to the next town. I offered to pay for gas to get us to Shreveport, which was their destination. We were in Fort Stockton, Texas. I told them to stop at the next station,and I’d fill the car, and get us some food. I left the man to fill the tank,and went inside to pay, and get some sandwiches. When I came out, he surprised me and held a very sharp knife tomy throat. “Give it up”, he said. I gave him the groceries, and all my money(about 100 bucks). He took off, with all my earthly possessions, even my coat.
That part of Texas is pretty cold in late November. I had jeans and a t shirt and my tennis shoes. I reported the robbery to the local cops ,but they told me I would have to stick around to press charges, or they wouldn’t pursue them! I had no means to stick around, so I started hitching a ride. No one stopped for over an hour.
I was literally freezing. I knelt down and said something like, “Father, I know I disappoint you. Please forgive me, and help me find a way home, and help me get warm.” I closed the prayer in Jesus’ name.
Less than a minute later,a pickup screeched to a halt. I ran to get in. Warmth. Thank God.
I informed the man that I was on the road, and had been robbed.
He asked my destination. I told him. He said he was going to Shreveport, and that was glad to have company.
I was really hungry,but was content to just ride. After a couple of miles, he slowed down, and stopped at a little grille.
“C’mon, let me buy you a burger”, he said.
We went in side. That was the best food I had ever eaten. Upon leaving, he told the waitress, "God be with you."
We got to the truck, and drove to Shreveport. I caught a little nap, and when I awoke,he was stopped on the side of the freeway.
“Wish I could take you farther”, he said.
“Thanks, but you’ve done enough already. I am truly grateful.”
“I want you to have this.” He held out his arm, and in his hand, was a wool lined Levi coat. “Take it. God told me to give it to you”. My blood stopped and I was stunned.
“I couldn’t,” I said.
"Please. You asked to be warm."
I thanked him. He drove away. I was happy to have something on my arms.
I put my hands in the pockets,and I felt something. I pulled out a pocket sized New Testament, with a peculiar bookmark. It was a 100 dollar bill. On the bill was written, "This will help you get home."
I froze, but not from the cold. Tears poured down my face at the realization that God heard me and loved me enough to help me. I went to the bus station and took a bus the rest of the way.

God, is Alive, and He is real.

That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing that with me.

[quote=“blessed, post:39, topic:19691”]
That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing that with me.
[/quote]My pleasure. I have shared this before, and it got poo pooed by a few atheists. I do not share it, unless it is to edify a brother or sister. Thank you, my sister.