Praise Report/Testimony Thread

Awesome testimony, Tiny!

Back in October, I posted about my great-niece Qavah coming home after her bone marrow transplant. She wasn’t able to stay, because things were still too unstable. I can’t remember exactly when she finally came home to stay. She is doing very well, but still has an occasional problem. They think they need to tweak her medicines a little. She still has to go back to Pittsburgh (Children’s Hospital) periodically for a checkup.
Edit: It was after Christmas, and quite a while after that, I think, when she came home to stay.

[quote=“Susanna, post:42, topic:19691”]
Back in October, I posted about my great-niece Qavah coming home after her bone marrow transplant. She wasn’t able to stay, because things were still too unstable. I can’t remember exactly when she finally came home to stay. She is doing very well, but still has an occasional problem. They think they need to tweak her medicines a little. She still has to go back to Pittsburgh (Children’s Hospital) periodically for a checkup.
Edit: It was after Christmas, and quite a while after that, I think, when she came home to stay.
[/quote]She remains in my family prayers. I had put her on the prayer roll at church, so she receives the benefits of those prayers, also. Good Luck, Sister.

Thank you, Tiny! Her family sent out prayer cards when she was preparing for the transplant. I gave mine to my neighbor across the road, because she wanted to have her name to pray for, too. Next month some time, it will be a year since the actual transplant took place, so I suppose she will have all her baby shots then. She has a brand new immune system - and I mean, really brand new, because the transplant came from cord blood. She can’t get immunizing shots until a year after the transplant. She went through some scary times. There was one time when her parents were told later, children who get into that “spot” usually die. At the time, there were friends calling them from all over, and telling them that they had felt a strong urge to pray for her.

[quote=“Susanna, post:44, topic:19691”]
Thank you, Tiny! Her family sent out prayer cards when she was preparing for the transplant. I gave mine to my neighbor across the road, because she wanted to have her name to pray for, too. Next month some time, it will be a year since the actual transplant took place, so I suppose she will have all her baby shots then. She has a brand new immune system - and I mean, really brand new, because the transplant came from cord blood. She can’t get immunizing shots until a year after the transplant. She went through some scary times. There was one time when her parents were told later, children who get into that “spot” usually die. At the time, there were friends calling them from all over, and telling them that they had felt a strong urge to pray for her.
[/quote]Praise God. Kudos to all of you. May the Lord Bless and Keep you.

This thread sees too little posting- including from myself- but I do feel moved to do so now.

Growing up, I didn’t feel as strongly about family as might have for various reasons. It’s been in relatively recent years (about the last seven or eight, I think) that I started learning the value of family, at least a good wholesome one. It manifested itself beautifully this weekend in our latest family reunion (Mom’s side). We met for lunch at a local (same town where our church is) restaurant (where I found myself hugged by several women; I could get used to that!), followed by some dispersal (afternoon naps and other things), and then gathering at my aunt and uncle’s place for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Rain drove us uncomfortably indoors for a while, but it was a wonderful time. In spite of the small (for the purpose) clear area of the front yard, I was able to do three flights with a flying saucer model rocket (the flying saucer doesn’t go as high as other models, so it’s the choice for tight spaces); I let a couple of the kids push the button on the second and third flights.

In particular, I was eager to meet one part of family that I’d mostly only known online (I’d seen the mom and dad in much younger years, but wouldn’t have known them), mail, and two phone calls. Mom alluded to the youngest daughter earlier in this thread (Qavah; now 11, and doing very well after the bone marrow transplant (Energizer Bunny material), and the older daughter (still second youngest sibling) in other threads (Kathryn; both girls are adopted). I was thrilled to meet them in the restaurant, but I didn’t have much occasion to talk to them there. It was two or three hours after the meal before they came over to my aunt and uncle’s house, but well worth the wait. The whole family is polite with good manners; even for more or less routine matters, Kathryn and Qavah said “thank you” quickly and naturally; they were clearly accustomed to that and other niceness. And their faith in God was so apparent (my own will take a lot of work to be on par with theirs) and fit them like a comfortable shoe.

Kathryn is a story in herself, some of which Mom has told about in other threads. Her interaction with me online is part of what inspired me to seek God, even though at first I didn’t take her supernatural experiences seriously. I spent probably the lion’s share of my time with her, although I also spent some time with the others; it was a very enjoyable evening, although I wasn’t emotionally ready for it to end (physically, I was ready to collapse).

The good news there is that it didn’t end last night. About two weeks before, I’d e-mailed the mom (I’d traded quite a few with her in the past) to invite them to come to church with us today, if their travel schedule allowed. I was delighted when they accepted; I was delighted when they accepted. Last night, they said they couldn’t come to Sunday School, although they would be there for the service. I was disappointed (because Sunday School is so interactive) initially, but I needn’t have been; the service itself was awesome (one of my aunts who was at the reunion graciously traded places with me so that I could sit next to Kathryn). The hymn singing wasn’t as awkward as it had been on occasion (we lost our best musician to college last fall), and I knew them and liked them all. The sung offeratory was Laura Story’s Blessings, which I’d heard many times on the radio and loved, and related to the story that the mom and dad (I’m trying to limit names, although Mom has mentioned Qavah and Kathryn many times here) told before the sermon.

At their prior request, the pastor (our long-term interim pastor; this was his last Sunday before our new long-term pastor comes next week) invited them up front to speak. They gave their testimony of their experience of caring for those two girls with their serious health issues, thanked the congregation for praying for them, and prayed for us, all quite eloquently (at the end of which, I invited Kathryn and Qavah to stand so that they congregation could see who their mom and dad were talking about). Then the pastor invited them to come back up with the girls, and asked the congregation to come up and gather around them while he prayed for them. During his prayer, I had the priviledge to hold my cousin’s (Kathryn’s) small hand (she’s a tiny thing; 4’ 10", petite, a child-pitched voice, even though she’s almost 30). The whole experience was a very moving one to me (and it would be the first time since I started carrying handkerchiefs to church that I forgot to bring any!).

There was a little get-together afterward for our departing interim pastor with baked potatoes; originally, our relatives (my cousins; Mom’s nephew and niece (by marriage) and great nieces) had indicated that they couldn’t stay for it, but they delighted us by changing their minds. Thus, we got another hour and a half or so with them before they started on the long drive home.

My words probably don’t begin to do justice to how wonderful this whole weekend was, but I wanted to take the opportunity to publically thank God for an extraordinarily blessed experience.

Awesome experience, FC. Amazing how the Holy Spirit works. God Bless you, your mom and your family. Thanks for sharing that. Agape’.

Great story, FC, but I’m puzzled. You keep referring to “Mom” posting here. Is your mother a regular poster? Which one? Remember I’ve only been posting since about last December so if you’ve identified her before, I probably missed it.

I’m his mom.

I knew it!

…and you put up with his “magnaclam” stuff???

:whistle:

“Put up with?”

The family I mentioned made it home safely at about 10:00 PM last night, by the way.

Forgive me, Oh magnificent one!

Not that that’s me; I can only dream of being so handsome…

This morning I got a call from a friend and fellow bible study/prayer group member. Her granddaughter who she dotes on, was involved in a head on collision. JoAnn was so upset, crying, wanting her group to all pray for her beloved granddaughter. It was very upsetting but we all did and called others. There was suspected head trauma. Losing this child would have been devastating for this grandmother.

The miracle is that this child, eighteen years old, seems to be fine. It appears there is no lasting brain damage or head trauma. She has some injuries but not life threatening.

It was a Miracle that it wasn’t worse than it was. God is Great.

Southern Baptist by choice. May have a current praise report by noon.

God has all the resources at His disposal to care for His children. So thankful that one of them was letting God’s love and care flow through in order to minister to you and your needs. Pass it forward.

Contrary to common belief, God is still in the miracle business!

I have been blessed to have the Presence of God ever before me all my life. I cannot describe it because it is beyond description. I find that when I am the lowest and feel as though my life has no purpose, it is then that my Father carries me in His Arms. When I let go of the steering wheel and allow Him to drive, my life is always peaceful and everything I need is provided. There is none like Our God. (Isn’t that what the Israelites said?)