Praise Report/Testimony Thread

Still no word on the pathology regarding the removed piece of her colon, but I’m scheduled to pick her up from the hospital this afternoon. :smiley:

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she’s home!

She’s feeling better than before she went in, and eating well!

Great news!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have to do chemo, as there was some indication in the lymph nodes that the cancer was trying to spread. We just had an interview with the cancer center today, and they said it would be a very mild chemo, but it still means two trips to Clarion every other week. But I’ve been feeling pretty good, putting on weight (too fast, I’m afraid!).

You may need the extra weight if you’re starting chemo. It tends to kill the appetite in those I’ve known who’ve undergone it. In fact, I still believe that one lady I knew died from malnutrition rather than her cancer. Prayers coming your way.

The cancer itself causes weight loss - I don’t know if directly, or if it just curbs the appetite. From the time I saw the doctor and he ordered the scan until I went into surgery - just a little over a month - I had lost 9 lbs.

Question: Why is lb. the abbreviation for pound? Anyone know?

“lb” is an abbreviation for the Latin word libra, which is the seventh sign of the zodiac and is symbolized by scales (cue lightbulb moment). The word libra referred to balance or scales in Roman times and was also part of a unit of measurement known as “libra pondo,” which when translated is “pound weight” or “a pound by weight.” The “pondo” part of the measurement is the origin behind the English word “pound,” while the “libra” part is the origin behind “lb” being the abbreviation.

Hey @Susanna…glad to hear you’re doing better. I just found this. Best Wishes.

1 Like

It’s still a long road. She just had her second of twelve infusions, and we’re on our way for the routine removal of the chemo pump that she has to have for two days after each infusion session.

1 Like