Prayers from Prison: American pastor held in Iran releases letter

The American pastor jailed in Iran for his Christian faith has managed to get a letter out to his global supporters, thanking them for their prayers while confirming the brutality of his conditions.

Saeed Abedini, the 33-year-old Idaho resident serving an eight-year prison term in Tehran’s infamous Evin prison, passed the letter to family members who were permitted to visit him after several weeks of isolation. The letter was passed to Abedini’s wife, Naghmeh, who is at their Boise-area home with their two children and unable to visit her husand for fear of being arrested herself.

“I heard that the persecution, my arrest and imprisonment has united churches from different denominations, from different cities and countries, that would never come together because of their differences,” Abedini wrote. “You don’t know how happy I was in the Lord and rejoiced knowing that in my chains the body of Christ has chained together and is brought to action and prayer.”

**Read more: **Prayers from Prison: American pastor held in Iran releases letter | Fox News

God bless him. I would be horrified to be under his circumstances.

He is like a modern day Apostle Paul.

I have several times mentioned a book called “Safely Home” by Randy Alcorn. It is fiction, but based on fact, about the persecution of Christians in China. Many Christian leaders think nothing of spending time in prison. It’s just part of the life. But one thing that stood out, about the Christian man high lighted in the story, was when he was put into isolation, he prayed for (and requested for his family and church to do likewise) a ministry. He got his message out via an American friend who was bribing the prison authorities to let him talk with him. He was taken to a fence, and the friend talked to him from outside the fence. He was excited about having found a ministry.

This is how his ministry came about: He was essentially in isolation, in a cell where he could hear the other prisoners (especially when they were crying out while being beaten). There was no cleanliness at all in this block of cells, and the guards would go home smelling of the filth. It would leak out from under the cell doors, and eventually destroy their shoes. This man had persuade one guard to allow him to clean up the cells (starting with his own). As he cleaned up most of the cells, the guards no longer took the stink of the prison home with them; and he was permitted to go into other cells, giving him an opportunity to minister to other prisoners. He encouraged those who were already Christians, and led a number of them to the Lord. He also led one of the guards to the Lord; another guard seemed to be interested, as well as the warden, who had experienced an incident where God protected this prisoner from his own (the warden’s) abuse. Before those two had taken the critical step, the Chief of Police, who absolutely hated this man, came into the prison and killed him.