President Obama forcing the Middle Class to put Section 8 Housing in neighborhoods

Obama has already begun this effort in Westchester County New York and HUD Housing and Urban Development and County Executive Andrew Spano are forcing white middle class neighborhoods to rent Section 8 Housing to Minorities with Criminal Records and put affordable housing in Middle Class White Neighborhoods and if you protest you will be Sued and perhaps face jailtime. The man fighting this appeared on Sean Hannity on Fox his name is Rob Astorio and says they if you don’t rent to and African American or Hispanic even if they have a criminal record YOU MAY VERY WELL LOSE YOUR HOUSE OR RENTLE HOUSE. HUD AND OBAMA HAS SAID THIS NEW YORK COUNTY IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.

Please Read:

‘Diversity works,’ HUD regional director says of Westchester housing settlement | The Journal News | LoHud.com | LoHud.com

If you have High Speed Internet Service you can watch the video:

Rob Astorino Latest Video

Remember Westchester County New York is only the Beginning. HUD says every white middle class county by 2012 will have affordable housing and section 8 in there community or you will be sued and go to jail. The last judge that had its case against HUD says HUD is right and Middle Class America must have affordable housing in your good neighborhood.

If a person of color who has the money to buy a house in that community and is discriminated I understand that. HUD is putting Crack House projects in Good Neighborhoods and by good schools in the name of diversity and in parts of the county that it has been tried YONKERS, MAMARONECK and so on Schools have been ruined and towns have been sued for racism as in the case of Mamorneck New York in this County for stopping illegal aliens from urinating on there streets and judges have agreed with criminals over honest middle class citizens.

Illegal Immigrants beat Mamaroneck New York

Please donate to Rob Astorio who is fighting to stop Affordable Housing in good Middle Class Neighborhoods. If he wins then HUD will be stopped in its tracks. Rob Astorio is going up against Andrew Spano, and the Spano’s are like the Kennedy’s of Westchester County and have unlimited funds, please make a donation to Rob. His son Mike is running for Mayor or Yonkers, his other son is a State Senator of Westchester County.

Here is Rob’s Website and the News stories about HUD’S gangster mentality.

Our Westchester

PRESS « Our Westchester

AS I SAID HUD IS GOING TO START PUTTING AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN YOUR COMMUNITY NEXT. PLEASE STOP THIS.

Also Call your Senators and Congresspeople at 2022243121 and tell them to stop HUD’S gangsterism by throwing affordable housing in good neighborhoods. THANK YOU.

Now in defference to Obama this has been going on long before Obama came into power. That doesn’t make it any better but it does place into account that his coming in helped to solidify the liberal position. That’s all.

[quote=“njc17, post:2, topic:32149”]
Now in defference to Obama this has been going on long before Obama came into power. That doesn’t make it any better but it does place into account that his coming in helped to solidify the liberal position. That’s all.
[/quote]:yeahthat:One can not blame this one on Obama

From the article:

He expressed frustration over an impasse with Astorino and said communities that accept federal monies must live up to their end because “government is still in the business of providing affordable housing.”

Now I admit I don’t know much about Section 8, but couldn’t a possible solution to this be… stop accepting federal money? Or is there something that I’m totally missing here?

[quote=“Maylar, post:4, topic:32149”]
From the article:

Now I admit I don’t know much about Section 8, but couldn’t a possible solution to this be… stop accepting federal money? Or is there something that I’m totally missing here?
[/quote]Government is so enterwined with each other that if one wants funding, one has to accept certain requirements.

Schools get funding from the state depending on enrollment. Lunch programs depend on how many have to use them. The same thing happens in other areas as well.

People are required to pay taxes to the state and federal and then the state has to send money to the federal which in turn is doled out according formulas and needs.

Add to that politicians who game the system to get an advantage.

Work programs are the same in that attendance is required to get more money.

Middle class people like me don’t want to live anywhere near section 8 housing.

While true, I do remember Obama, specifically, stating his dream goal as basically enliminating rural areas and the entire populace combined into ‘high rises’ and the sort. No, I don’t recall the specific words, but I do remember him saying it because my reactions was, “Try me!”

Krazy75 ain’t crazy. He’s spot on.

@ Krazy, I haven’t read all the link yet. Will, and will do my best to spread the word that someone out there has the GUTS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

@ Maylar, it is next to impossible to not take ANY Federal funding. If you’ve got a federal hwy going through your town, your town is getting federal funding. School lunch programs, FEMA grants, PELL grants at higher education, public libraries often accept federal funding…
You name it, if it’s a gov’t entity of any sort, it’s most likely getting federal funding. Would I choose to throw them OUT on their ears? YOU BET! But drat if I’m not the only person out there, and just as soon as SOMEbody’s ox is getting gored, they’ll scream, and most likely win.

Basically putting section 8 housing in a neighborhood guarantees a decline in property values, another fine example of government making us all equal in poverty and misery.

“Section 8” is a rather apt name for the scheme: built cheaply ($$ and quality); enables improvidence; blights the surrounding neighborhood; punishes the landlord class; infiltrates the Feds into what should be local government.

What’s the next step? If you are single (young or old) and you have an extra bedroom you will be forced to rent it out to anyone on Section 8 housing. Well that was a rumor just before O man was elected…does anyone remember this or how it came up.

Maybe it wasn’t Section 8, I believe it was to homeless people. Yeah, there was talk O man was going to try this in Chicago to see how it works.

I’m sure the feeling is mutual. Why would anyone want to move next to someone who automatically assumes he or she’s a bad person and a criminal?

It’s fun to muse about cosmic justice, though - like if you should find yourself poor someday and get to hear the bigots clamor for you to move where you “belong”.

I won’t speak for Candygirl, that’d be fine by me. It’s called “freedom of association”, and worked very well for nigh on to 200 years.
Then some Do-gooders came along deciding they needed to fix what wasn’t broke, and all it created was resentment and thinner skin. The end result of which is what we have today; people angry because that loftier place in society isn’t handed to him rather than working to achieve it, and so thin-skinned they sue if it isn’t handed to him, literally, on a silver platter.
So much for rugged individualism.

It’s fun to muse about cosmic justice, though - like if you should find yourself poor someday and get to hear the bigots clamor for you to move where you “belong”.

How presumptuous of you - and the rest of the D0-gooders - to assume everyone wants to live in a gated community on a golf course, or in some suburb with all their stupid rules.
That really takes some kind of gall.

I’ve got nothing against freedom of association, 2cent. Just bigotry.

And you’re insisting that ‘freedom of association’, along with not wanting an apartment building right next to your $350,000 home, adds up to bigotry.
(I’m beginning to wonder if you know the meaning of the word.)

I’m responding only to Candygirl’s statement, which strikes me as obnoxious. Why not judge a new neighbor on his or her merits, and not just dismiss him or her as unworthy because of one’s perceptions about poor people?

It’s only obnoxious to politically correct people. If any of the section 8 housing neighborhoods were nice for people to live in, their property values would be going up and people would be moving into those neighborhoods.

They start out nice - I saw a beautiful new one in Ohio when I was apartment hunting - but they don’t stay nice. People who have things handed to them so easily don’t usually treat them with respect. The attitude is “It’s not mine, so why should I try to keep it nice?”

I gotta say…
There’s a Section 8 housing unit in town - one level, 8 or 10 units. Been there about 10 years or so. Knew a lady who lived there a short time. VERY STRICT. I don’t argree w/their ‘no firearms’ rule, but they’re so strict that the residents aren’t allowed any outdoor toys to be left out overnight. That would include little wading pools for the tots.
It’s still in the same condition as the day they built it. At least on the outside.
But it does go to show that it can be done. I wonder why it works for some, but not others.

But it does go to show that it can be done.

Thanks for your honesty, 2cent. Section 8 housing can be good or bad; it all depends. I object only to insinuations that all poor people in such housing are irresponsible takers.

Why would anyone want to move next to someone who automatically assumes he or she’s a bad person and a criminal?

I realize you were responding to candy, Jazz, but your further responses suggest this is your assumption regarding others who oppose Section 8 Housing. So, no, I do not assume every (or even most)Section 8 Housing resident is “a bad person and a criminal”. I have friends and family who have lived in Section 8 Housing, and only one was. It may soothe your purposes to assume those who oppose Section 8 Housing do so because they are bigots, but there are rational, non-bigoted reasons for so doing. And my previous post mentioned, briefly, several. I would add that some - e.g. the cheap quality of construction and the improvidence of many Section 8 Housing residents - came from comments of friends who were as well. They also mentioned that some Section 8 Housing residents are intentionally abusive of their living space and fixtures therein and then complain when management doesn’t fix their damage instantaneously (and received no consequences for their vandalism!). As for the stereotyped “Welfare Cadillacs”, well, guess what? I saw some clunkers in that Section 8 Housing complex’s parking spaces; and I saw some late model year high-end vehicles (which really thrilled this taxpayer!).

The bottom line, though, is that government should not be involved in this kind of thing. Not picking winner- and loser-residents for housing, not manipulating the character of neighborhoods (beyond basic racial discrimination laws), not F-ing up the marketplace with subsidies or rent controls, not dictating to rental property owners how they can use their property (aside from obvious basic safety code and public nuisance stuff).