President Webb?

Webb Attacks Clinton With Eye on Independent Run - Bloomberg Politics

If a Trump nomination seems inevitable, would the RINO money machine get behind Webb? A 3rd party run by Bernie would surely elect Trump or any Republican; what about Webb? There aren’t that many moderate/conservative Democrats left. Would Webb take more Independent and RINO votes from Hillary or Trump? I honestly don’t know; I’m sure Jazzhead and a few others here would vote for him. With enough money he could win one or two states and conceivably deny an electoral college majority to Hillary or Trump. The election would then be decided by the House of Representatives with each State voting as a block with one vote. A RINO/Democrat alliance could make Webb the next president. Webb would have to win at least one State’s electors as the House is constrained to consider only the top three candidates.

I may be paranoid but I believe that the RINOs will do anything to keep Trump or Cruz out of the White House.

Yer, skeerin’ me, Old Dog.

I’m skeered 2!

I would not be surprised that several people on this site who have as their goal of taking down the GOP would vote for Webb.

In a year when it should be easy to beat Clinton by attacking her record and tying her to Obama, the Republican field has done none of that, resulting in them and the MSM allowing her to take a pass all summer and fall.

Of course, the TV producers have been all too happy to treat the debates like a cage match and game show, with the “winner”/current leader apparently based on who can best take advantage of the raw frustrations of the most ignorant, while at the same time alienating the most general election voters.

Hillary Clinton could not have scripted it better had she done so herself. She must be VERY happy.

Mike, I put you right up here with these guys:

ELITES AND MEDIA REALLY HATE DONALD TRUMP’S VOTERS

Elites and media really hate Donald Trump’s voters | New York Post

And jftr, your notion that people here who are highly disgruntled w/the GOP would vote for Web just to bring down the RNC is so far off the mark - and Old Dog’s point - that it’s laughable. Especially considering that it was your buddy, Jazz, who actually stated he might vote for him.
LOL

Rut roh, Old Dog. Did you see THIS one? 'Cuz now you’re really scaring me.
Basically, Webb just came out and ripped Hilary a new one for what a disaster she was as SoS, specifically pointing to the disaster she made of Libya & Syria.
(Or is this where you got the idea?)

“Hillary Clinton should be called to account for her inept leadership that brought about the chaos in Libya, and the power vacuums that resulted in the rest of the region,” Webb wrote in a Facebook post Saturday.

Webb said Clinton has tried to frame the situation in Libya as a successful point in her tenure at the helm of the State Department.

But he said the removal of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has only destabilized the region, giving rise to radical Islamic terrorism and fanning the flames of the Syrian civil war.

“The predictable chaos was bad enough, but it also helped bring about the disaster in Syria,” he said.

“While she held that office, the U.S. spent about $2 billion backing the Libyan uprising against Qaddafi,” he continued. “The uprising, which was part of the Arab Spring, led directly to Qaddafi being removed from power and killed by rebel forces in 2011. Now some 2,000 ISIS [Islamic State in Iraq and Syria] terrorists have established a foothold in Libya.

Webb blasts Hillary for

I don’t hate Trump voters, 2cent. On most/many issues I feel just like they do. The difference is, I’m not short-sighted or easily manipulated and I think we get a real chance to win the White House with a conservative, Ted Cruz.

On the other hand, with Trump, a man of questionable credentials, questionable ethics and who is NOT anchored in the Constitution - see his stance on eminent domain (KELO decision), for example - I think we have a good chance of being forced to look up Hillary’s rear for the next 4 to 8 years.

He knows something …

Sounds like it, doesn’t it? Wow. Can you imagine someone having the goods on Hilary for a change?

Then again, it sounds like somebody got to Gowdy, too.

Webb would never get the Democrat base, they are Communist.
Webb would have no better a shot with Independents than Trump or Cruz since there are just as many Conservative Independents as there are brain dead fence sitters, it would be a wash.
Trump or Cruz would get 100% of the GOP base.

So Hillary would lose with or without a Webb Independent run, the only way Clinton can win is if the Establishment GOP gets one of their Statist candidates nominated, that is how Obama won twice and that is how Clinton won twice.

The only entity that has the power to get a lightweight and non electable Hillary Clinton to the White House is the GOP and they are spending many sleepless nights figuring how to get that done.

And I also laughed at the idea that those who want the GOP brought down would vote Webb to get that done, because the Establishment GOP is void of Principles they just assume everyone else is also; they really don’t get Conservatives at all. The only votes that Clinton or Webb will get from the GOP are from the Establishment GOP propagandists, and they will sleep just fine after casting those votes.

Please enlighten us as to his “questionable credentials” and “questionable ethics”, Doc. His credentials and ethics are superior to those of either Obama or Hillary, both of whom have been raking in dirty money with both hands as fast as possible while working daily to take down the U.S. and both have been living on the government teat for ALL of their adult lives.

We’ve had “the goods” on Hillary for 25 years now. Her perfidy is common knowledge. The problem is, the media REFUSES to make it known to the general public. It first became apparent during the '92 campaign when she sat on TV, holding Bill’s hand, KNOWING that he’d been involved in a 12-year-long affair with Gennifer Flowers, was a coke-head, and chased women like a hound chases rabbits.

I have to agree with RET’s last comment concerning the last elections and outcomes when a “moderate” GOP favorite was nominated.

Folks, when we put up conservatives (or at least people that run as conservatives, like W) we win.

Trump is great at making money, backing liberal candidates and embracing liberal policies - except when running as a Republican. He’s a terrific showman. He is most definitely a statist.

A cockroach has credentials and ethics superior to Hillary’s - that doesn’t mean one should entertain voting for one.

Papadave - consider yourself enlightened.

The demographics have definitely changed. Up until maybe as early as just 4 years ago, “Independent” = “Fence Sitter.” (<-More like 8-10; maybe more years.) The GOP, through its lack of desire to actually represent its base, especially over the last 8-10 years, and definitely the last 4, managed to to create a ‘new’ Independent: the voter with principles who found himself with no Party to call home.
If that’s who you’re calling “the GOP base”, RET, you’re right about that 100%.
In any case, that all-important ‘independent vote’ ain’t what she used to be.

So Hillary would lose with or without a Webb Independent run, the only way Clinton can win is if the Establishment GOP gets one of their Statist candidates nominated, that is how Obama won twice and that is how Clinton won twice.

The only entity that has the power to get a lightweight and non electable Hillary Clinton to the White House is the GOP and they are spending many sleepless nights figuring how to get that done.

This is the first election I recall the RNC going through 3 different candidates in their efforts to achieve their goal. Frustrating for them; a decent sign of positive change for us.

And I also laughed at the idea that those who want the GOP brought down would vote Webb to get that done, because the Establishment GOP is void of Principles they just assume everyone else is also; they really don’t get Conservatives at all. The only votes that Clinton or Webb will get from the GOP are from the Establishment GOP propagandists, and they will sleep just fine after casting those votes.

Yeah, but they’re going to wake up screaming.

By “having the goods on her,” I meant the ability to take her down right up to “Check Mate.” That would have to include her lack of having the goods on her adversary(ies.) (Or the ability to make them disappear.)
Thus far, that obviously hasn’t happened.

I think the closest anyone got is Obama.

“Enlightened” how, Doc? You didn’t answer my question…just threw out more accusations without any basis for them.

That is their MO, Dave. They try to diminish their appeal by claiming things that they “believe” instead of the truth. They are flippin’ and jerkin’ like fish out of water. They simply cannot believe that we have had enough, are wise to their shenanigans and are no longer tolerant of their PC, liberal, BS.
They call us “ignorant voters” because we refuse to believe their lies, and refuse to be duped into believing that their candidates are anything but complicit liberal Republican’ts.
He’ll come back with some 10 or 20 year old “evidence” that Trump is some divisive, greedy power monger who seeks to empower liberals. We have seen the GOP doing nothing BUT empowering liberals. They cannot accept that the GOP wants liberals in the Gooberment to continue raping America, AND stealing our money, freedom and making our posterity suffer, for their indiscretions. To me, if you still support the GOP, YOU are the ignorant ones.

Statist - Trump has repeatedly stated he would replace Obamacare with something better. He’s telling you he will employ a government program/bureaucracy to replace the current government program. Look it up, Dave. In the past he has given far more in contributions to Dems - for example, Schumer and Weiner - than Republicans. He was previously for a “woman’s right to choose”. He has stated his backing of the KELO decision. Look it up, Dave.

Stand up and take a bow, TINY! (Bless, I’ve been wondering where you’re at. Glad to hear you chime in.)

Funny how the adversaries to Trump supporters don’t hate them; they just like to insult them as having 'the raw frustrations of the most ignorant," “short-sighted”, and "easily manipulated."
If there’s anyone who’s easily manipulated, it’s those who reach to the RNC - who has continually screwed them over - for the answer to their prayers.

Meanwhile, the RNC busies itself with attempting to find the one candidate who will appeal to the voters who are MAD AS HELL, AND REALLY REFUSE TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!
As many have said over and again, they really DON’T get it. Why? Because it’s unfathomable to them that what we don’t want is YOU!

It’s the economy, STUPID! It’s the influx of under-skilled people sucking up all the taxes we’re paying with nothing but getting poorer for it, SUPID! It’s the very defense of our country, STUPID! It’s war fatigue from a battle morons in DC keep insisting on running with negative results, STUPID!

There is only ONE candidate who is boldly going where no man dared before. THE TRUTH!
And we couldn’t be happier to hear it; especially the part where he refuses to apologize for telling the truth.
We’re so sick-to-death of Political Correctness ruining our country that we could puke. Is it any wonder that people of all stripes and colors form sea to shining sea are applauding it for all they’re worth?
It’s only skeert people who don’t.

What’s really stupid are people who’ve witnessed the GOP take us down time and time again, yet somehow believe it’ll be different this time.

And I’m as sure as you are that just because a person points out the positives of a candidate, that’ll automatically translate into "all in for the guy."
It’s head-banging exhausting sometimes.