Proposed Amendment Would Enable States to Repeal Federal Law

The same people driving the lawsuits that seek to dismantle the Obama administration’s health care overhaul have set their sights on an even bigger target: a constitutional amendment that would allow a vote of the states to overturn any act of Congress.

One thing is clear and that is our politicians are not supporting the people but the party leaders and thus it seems it is prudent to have an amendment that allows states to refuse to follow federal mandates.

Obama’s administration has provided a clear example of a government run amok. As of now these politicians are complaining about the high handiness of Republicans while ignoring the absolute ignoring of those same Republicans and the majority of the people.

Obama came in saying he would work as a bipartisan president and immediately did just the opposite. Pelosi and Reed followed suit by keeping Republicans out of meetings and formulating laws without input.

I think it might be a good Idea, though I still don’t have enough data to make such a statement. We need some sort of “check” in case another “rogue” administration comes in with the same goal of invoking their agenda and the “to hell with those who object”, attitude.

I agree, but how would we ever get it passed? I doubt that there would be any problem ratifying it.

It may be more relavent to require two-thirds plus one vote in both houses to pass major legislation that changes a large part of the economy, for example 5 % percent or more. Health care changes 17 % of our economy.

No manipulation of the economy should be allowed besides taxes and tax increases should require an 80% vote while tax decreases only require a 50% vote.

All on top of a law requiring a balanced budget, and not a balanced budget through accounting trickery, such as how the usurper’s health insurance bill is balanced, a real balanced budget.

Years when the economy is growing, the government should be required to set aside operating expenses that can only be used when tax revenue begins to retract.