Proposed Mo. bill: Make parents tell school if they own guns

Proposed Mo. bill: Make parents tell school if they own guns
By Elizabeth Matthews
10:37 PM, Jan 22, 2013

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - Ever since the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, gun control has been a hot topic. Now comes word of a Missouri lawmaker who wants any parent who owns guns to notify their child’s school.

The lawmaker says she hopes the already filed bill will bring awareness to schools and to parents about keeping their guns locked up.

It’s the next idea in a long list of proposed ideas for gun control, making it mandatory for parents to notify their child’s school about their gun supply.

“I am not trying to take away the gun rights of any parents or any other citizens I believe in the second amendment,” says State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

My guess is that between now and the day after the next time she stands for reelection, this tyrant-legislator is more likely to be involuntarily retired by voters she misrepresents than that this bill would be voted on by the full legislature. I could be wrong. I don’t think Jefferson City is looney-tooney enough to pass and sign this bill into law, but if I’m wrong, two words, “private schools”; and one more word, “homeschooling”.

"I believe in the 2nd Amendment."
NEWS-FLASH! No, you don’t.

I hope you’re right, Pete. S.W. Missouri is very conservative; a good part of the rest of the rural areas, too.
But then, like most states, they’ve got their Kansas City and St. Louis.

(I just turned on the local a.m. show. I may give them a call. Need to get a feel for who’s hosting.)

From the article:

“I am not trying to take away the gun rights of any parents or any other citizens I believe in the second amendment,” says State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

My BS meter is jumping…

What was it that the lefties’ celebrated Roe v Wade decision was based on? Oh yeah, that’s right: PRIVACY.

Madame Lawmaker: It’s none of your bloody business what firearms I own.

From the article: (proving once again that airheads get elected to office all of the time)

“It encourages parents to make sure they store their guns safely in their home, it also gives the school districts the opportunity to help encourage gun safety in the community and in the household,” says the Senator.

It does? How so?

Even IF this woman’s motives are pure, (& we question that), it’s nothing other than ‘feel good’ work that accomplishes nothing but giving her a warm and fuzzy feeling that she doing something.
(**Btw, do they still ask kids if their parents smoke?)

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel:

This proposal is one of only a handful in Missouri’s house and senate. NewsChannel 5’s political analyst Dave Robertson told me he’s surprised that there aren’t more bills being proposed about gun control, but the chances of any bills about the issue being passed is slim to none because of the political atmosphere between the lawmakers and the governor.

(Oh. And it’s “ARE” slim to none; not “IS”.)

I don’t know much about Missouri, so no idea how this goes politically there. It would not fly down here, not even for a second.