If you’re using Chrome, you click on the three dots (ellipsis):

Chrome

For Internet Explorer you’d find it by clicking the star Icon:

Internet%20Explorer

I’m using Safari. Any suggestions?

You know why. I know you do.

I stayed at A Holiday in Express!

Didn’t do you much good, now did it?

I heard you went to China, that makes you even more knowledgeable about China than Sarah Palin, who could see Russia, was of her knowledge of Russia!

:rofl:

Bad ideas about job scarcity. Not realizing that immigration promotes job growth.

To know economics at all, you have to have an interest in it.

When people develop grievances before genuine interest, it skews how they’re able to approach things.

1 Like

I do believe this claim that Sarah Palin said that was debunked almost as soon as it was made.

It was a comment by Tina Fey in an SNL skit but was attributed to Sarah Palin immediately by the media.

Well, sort of…

The basis for the line was Governor Palin’s 11 September 2008 appearance on ABC News, her first major interview after being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee. During that appearance, interviewer Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, and she responded: “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”:

So yes, Fay sardonically mocked Palin in her skit on SNL, but it’s not like it was entirely made up. The interviewer asks what insight she had gained living so close to Russia and her response is to discuss their physical proximity. If your best answer to the question is point out that there is an island that you can see another Russian island from, well…you deserve to be mocked. She should have just said, “actually I have no insight even though Alaska is so close to Russia”…

So now you claim to be an expert as to what Sarah Palin “should have said?” I don’t know whether to laugh or weep at such hubris. The fact is, the Tina Fey parody was falsely spread all over every “news” story for weeks afterwards as something Sarah Palin had said. As usual, the “media” lied about yet another Republican who they believed threatened a Democrat’s election.

Nope, just pointing out that he answer was a non-answer that exposed her ignorance on the topic.

Is SNL media? Who spread Sarah’s comments falsely? CNN, NBC, CBS, who?

EVERY media “news” program for weeks afterwards quoted Tina Fey as though it had been Palin who’d said that. Were you asleep in 2008?

Source?

Oh, BS. Suppose YOU “source” your own claims for a change.

You’re making the claim that the media misrepresented Palin. I gave a source and proper context for the statement Palin made and a video showing her make it. You’ve made empty claims without evidence as usual. Then you ask me to prove you wrong. Sorry, but that’s not how debate works. You made the claim, you prove it.

Go to U-Tube and look for “Tina Fey as Sarah Palin makes SNL great again”. They show several blurbs repeating that story from USA Today and even C-Span.

What she actually said:

“They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”:
Which is even true.

During winter, an ice bridge usually spans the distance between these two islands; therefore during such times it is theoretically possible (although not legal, since travel between the two islands is forbidden) to walk between the United States and Russia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomede_Islands

There’s even a little Alaskan town on Little Diomede.

Unlike some other folks, I know you accept sources of information besides your own brain, CSB, which is why i posted a response.

1 Like