Public schools and electoral politics

Public schools continue their slow decline, despite huge budgets. This is a logical campaign issue for Republicans and Conservatives. I’ve been surprised that they’re so slow or so clumsy about using this issue.

Here is a short article addressed to politicians, suggesting they use education as a campaign issue.

If a politician wants any of these issues explained, please contact me on Facebook or LinkedIn…

Bruce Deitrick Prrice
Improve-Education.org

Every time the Republicans try to fix things the Democrats pull out their usual propaganda that Republicans want to cut education and hurt children.

Over several decades, while the number of teachers doubled, the number of education bureaucrats increased by 5-fold. Most people don’t know that and that is where all the money is going.

No question about that. My point for the moment is that candidates should talk about education, and then talk about it some more.

Better schools is a phrase that everyone understands. There is something very weird about candidates who are so inept they don’t use obvious issues.

One of my theories is that very few people in America understand what’s going on in our classrooms. And they are embarrassed to admit it. So we are going to have trouble making progress if there are no leaders willing to talk about the perennial problems.

Anyone interested in a quick rundown of the problems, read a short article "K-12: The War against Children"’

I first noticed how bad the K-12 schools had become when my own daughter brought home a “social studies” book that claimed the Pilgrims held the first harvest festival (later Thanksgiving) to thank the NATIVE AMERICANS for their help.

The following is from a 17 year old article. These kids are voters now ::

At a high school in prosperous Newton, Massachusetts, it’s “To B GLAD Day”—or, less delicately, Transgender, Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian Awareness Day. An advocacy session for students and teachers features three self-styled transgendered individuals—a member of the senior class and two recent graduates. One of the transgenders, born female, announces that “he” had been taking hormones for 16 months. “Right now I am a 14-year-old boy going through puberty and a 55-year-old woman going through menopause,” she complains. “I am probably the moodiest person in the world.” A second panelist declares herself an “androgyne in between both genders of society.” She adds, “Gender is just a bunch of stereotypes from society, but I am completely personal, and my gender is fluid.”