Putin Names United States Among Threats In New Russian Security Strategy…

A new appraisal names the United States as one of the threats to Russia’s national security for the first time, a sign of how relations with the west have deteriorated in recent years.

The document, “About the Strategy of National Security of Russian Federation”, was signed by President Vladimir Putin on New Year’s Eve. It replaces a 2009 version, endorsed by then- President Dmitry Medvedev, the current prime minister, which mentioned neither the United States not NATO.

It says Russia has managed to heighten its role in solving global problems and international conflicts. That heightened role has caused a reaction by the West, it says.

Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Is Putin right? I believe he has a valid concern since our golf president seems to be working hard to foster more activity from radical groups with allegations he is supplying them weapons as well as money.

Putin has asked for our intel on terrorists sites and obama has refused as well as refused to bomb known sites.

Wait a minute. Aren’t you a Trump supporter?

Cruz supporter but while Trump leads the pack he is the one getting most of the attention. Do you doubt that obama is untrustworthy? obama has a history of turning on allies as well as placing roadblocks in the way of stopping terrorism. Allegations that he has given weapons to terrorists as well as funding directly and indirectly by not working to stop their cash flow are well founded.

I lost all respect for Obama’s foreign policy when he asked me to support bombing Syria for crossing THE RED LINE.

But Russia getting involved in Syria does not make me hopeful. At least America is guided by a sense of doing the right thing. The whole “Shining Beacon on a Hill” thing. Whatever Putin does is for Putin’s best interests. Then Russia, then Russia’s sphere of influence. Don’t think Putin cares one bit for some poor Syrian insurgent. He wants to keep Assad in power, period.

Remember when obama said we should not be fighting wars when Bush was president? Now that obama is president we have seen an escalation not only in the countries we were in but obama going into other nations and “helping” them by supporting “freedom fighters” by providing weapons, training and money. The result is those “freedom fighters” have expanded war in those areas and even fostered outbreaks in other parts all through the manipulation of obama who was a willing player in starting another crusade by muslims to take over the world piece by piece.

I think we are a threat to Russia only in that we - read “Obama” - are enabling peoples who hate everyone else in the world - Americans, Chinese, Jews, Russians, Germans, French, Italians, etc., ad infinitum.

The Russians aren’t intimidated by weakness? Whowouldathunkit?

Ehh, I don’t think Russia will ever NOT regard us as a threat. When they fell apart, we admitted countries into NATO that were right on their border, like Estonia. Putin has stated that the collapse of Soviet Russia was one of the worst geo-political catastrophes of the 20th century. He wants those old Soviet-bloc countries back, and we stand in the way of that. The sanctions we imposed after Putin invaded Ukraine are crippling Russia’s economy, and the Russian people don’t much like us any more. None of that will change, no matter who we put in the Oval Office.

Trump actually worries me, because he’s shown he’ll suck up to a guy like Putin, if he says something good about Trump.