Putin orders ban on adoptions by LGBT foreign couples –

The Russian president has opposed the adoption of Russian orphans by LGBT foreign couples, and has instructed the government and the Supreme Court to prepare changes to existing law before July 1.

Mark one up for Putin.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes I guess, imagine how much criticism he will have to endure for daring to put the needs of children ahead of the desires of perverts.

Yay, democracy!

…oh wait.

Yeah, everybody knows that a Leftist’s definition of “democracy” never includes a vote for children since they are disposable.

I find it funny that some people on this forum would applaud Vladimir Putin for issuing a non-democratic executive order to create a new law simply because it is in light with their views. Should the Russian people choose their own laws?

They chose Putin and I doubt that they would approve of handing children over to perverts anyway, are you suggesting that Russians have no morals?

Does any government need to ask permission before protecting children from decadents?

Of all the things that Putin has done to deserve criticism I doubt that closing a loophole that was a previously unheard of exploitation by perverts is going to garner much protest.

I didn’t. The nation chose Obama. Should Obama have free reign of legislation?

They need to have separation of powers.

It was a loophole for foreigners, not gays. A gay resident of Russia cannot feign being foreign to try and adopt a child.

And how does an attraction to the same sex also make one a pedophile, or a child abuser, anyway?

Who are you talking to?
I would like to see the post where anyone said Putin should have “free reign of legislation”.

Oh wait, this is Trekky.

You know that you cannot defend your attack on innocent children and you lack the character to abandon your evil ideas so you are setting up a Straw Man in the hopes that you can shift the discussion toward something you can argue.

So what did innocent children ever do to you that has caused you to support killing them in the womb and condemning any government that does not turn them over to perverts?

So…You want the “Power to protect children” seperated from the “Power of perverts to take custody of children”?

I would be lying if I said at this point that I am surprised.

So As long as foreign perverts are the ones taking the children it is fine?

At least you are consistent, the children are completely disregarded in your view from top to bottom.

The gang of wild babies that attacked you must have been fierce in order to have left such a deep hatred ingrained in you.

I called them Perverts, you are the one who brought pedophilia and abuse into the thread.

Was the gang of wild babies that attacked you a queer wild baby gang that raped you also?
That would explain your burning hatred for babies and your assumptions about queers being pedophiles and abusers.

If the Extreme Left did not have hate as a motivation they would have no motivation at all.

If the perversion has nothing to do with pedophilia and child abuse, then how is this “protecting children” or in any way preventing “exploitation”? Please, don’t run away from your comments.

An example of perversion and the selfish priorities of perverts are not conducive to child rearing, a task that requires placing the good of the child ahead of selfish priorities.

Just kidding, I know the idea of considering children at all is an incomprehensible concept to you. That must have been a merciless gang of queer babies that attacked you.

Too bad your mind can only relate Queers to pedophilia and abuse though, homophobia is an ugly, dark manifestation of hatred. Until you learn to forgive the gang of queer babies that harmed you it will be forever impossible for you to follow a logical conversation.

[quote=“RET423, post:6, topic:38879”]
They chose Putin and I doubt that they would approve of handing children over to perverts anyway, are you suggesting that Russians have no morals?

Does any government need to ask permission before protecting children from decadents?

Of all the things that Putin has done to deserve criticism I doubt that closing a loophole that was a previously unheard of exploitation by perverts is going to garner much protest.
[/quote]Yet trekky has no problem when Obama issues an executive order which is nondemocratic

Adopting a child is not a right.

Or a “Political Position”.

Banning gays from adopting is a political position, and it seems that people will support it even if Putin orders it so.

It is not a political position. All couples attempting to adopt a child must go through rigorous scrutiny from the adoptive agency or the attorneys representing the birth parents. I have two married cousins (not to each other) who had to go through the process of adoption. There is NO guarantee that they will be given a child to adopt. If there is anything in their background, if they cannot provide an adequate home, and more to an adoptive child, they don’t get a child. It has nothing to do with political party or political ideals. It has to do with what is best for the child. If you can’t see that then you are blind. It is certain groups who are making it a political issue. If they truly care about the welfare of children, making demands that they should be allowed to adopt regardless of their situations or background (just like the backgrounds and situations of all those who want to adopt) is clearly an indication that their motives are not to provide a loving and stable home for a child, but a selfish motive of some kind. There are adoption agencies who will not adopt to single women–a few that do, but most do not. Why? Is this being discriminating against single women?? Of course not! All statistics point to the reality that children are healthier and happier when they grow up in an environment of a father and a mother. Children who grow up in a divorce situation have more emotional, mental, physical, and social difficulties. Since divorce has exploded over the past decades, more and more children have had be subject to psychological problems than ever before. This is statisticaly a fact. Trekky, don’t try to make this a political issue. It never has been and it never will be.

Well, it is his country. Or do you think countries should not be sovereign?

Besides, it’s not a political position, it’s a social position.
And besides, besides, you just got through saying it didn’t ban gays from adopting.
Trekky:

It was a loophole for foreigners, not gays

Please, make up my mind!

It appears to me that Putin is trying to protect the children, not send them off to the Gulag.
Although, I do know that, in the past, orphanages in Russia were nothing to brag about.

Still… his country, his business.

Only to those who completely disregard the well being of children, to those who do not harbor a murderous, hate fueled desire to destroy children it is just called “being responsible”.

“Responsibility” might as well be a word from a lost language to Liberals, their entire paradigm of consideration begins and ends with whatever selfish urge they are experiencing at the moment.

Gays who are Russian nationals aren’t allowed to adopt either. ‘Propaganda of homosexuality’ to minors was recently banned on the federal level.

I can guarantee you that the vast majority of the population excluding a few liberals who pop up in Moscow and St. Pete are in support of this.

Yeah, just like SOPA was about protecting children. And I’m sure if that was unconstitutionally made law via executive order, you’d be all for it.

You’re going to have to define what SOPA is. Gov’t comes up with new ones every day. Stop On Line Piracy Act?
Really, I don’t know.

Aside from that, I’m having a tough time understanding why you have such a hard time accepting a country coming up with that country’s own rules when you’ve given the impression that what other countries did was their own darn business, and we should stay out of it.