Question

Can someone here explain how to use the ignore button? Also, where is the user files? I want to private message someone and there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that anymore. Plus, I can’t even access my own profile. What gives?

I don’t think we have an ignore option now. You can private message for sure, you just have to go to the user’s profile page to do it(as far as I know). I don’t think the forum supports user files. I believe the uploads are tied to a particular post. I’m not sure if you can attach things to PMs, as I’ve never tried it. But I would think so, as PMs are basically just a different type of post.

The Wordpress forum is not great, but it sort of functions and did manage to preserve all of the old posts. Which is nice for a near-dead site. It’s a lot better than what happened to NewEgg’s forums when they tried to use some oddball custom mess.

I’d have preferred a VBul->Xenforo conversion(or PhpBB) but this functions. Mention/quote notification was a nice update that the old forum was lacking.

1. Click on your icon in the upper right corner.

2. Click on the cog wheel on the first line.

3. Click on Messages.

4. Click on New Message.

As to “ignore”, I don’t think it is possible.

Thanks, Old Dog! It would help if there were some instructions somewhere.

There are (although I personally haven’t reviewed them): Try the tutorial!

Yeah, I don’t think there is an ignore function anymore.

I did a little looking and didn’t find it.

Thanks all for your help. I don’t know how to get to the “tutorial”. But, in any case, you guys have been a big help.