Quitting Planned Parenthood

Wednesday and Thursday they had a Focus on the Family radio program about a woman named Abby Johnson who was a director for a Planned Parenthood clinic. It was about the path her conscience took, and which led to her quitting PP. The thing that really did it was an experience with assisting with an ultrasound abortion, and she saw the baby reacting before it was destroyed, but contributing factors included asking her own superior some questions that she (the superior) didn’t want to answer, and the fact that PP was actively pushing abortion for the sake of revenue.

I don’t know if you can get the archive of this program on the website or not. I know that one of two avenues from the homepage doesn’t work at all, and another did work to the current program, but I hadn’t figured out how to make the archive selection work. But here’s the FoF homepage if you want to try (I wish they had transcripts of the programs): Focus on the Family: Helping Families Thrive

I don’t get why the pro-abortion people have such a problem with showing ultrasounds and describing the abortion procedure if they don’t have a problem with supporting abortion.

One thing the woman said on that show was that PP was big on hiding facts from women. A big one was that the unborn babies feel pain (in fact, they flat-out lie about that one); that ultrasound abortion (it didn’t have anything to do with showing the woman what was in her womb; it was hidden from her and used to assist the “doctor” in targeting the baby) convinced her otherwise. The baby clearly reacted.

What trimester was the baby in?

Here is an article with a bit more about her story:

Ex-Planned Parenthood Director’s New Book Exposes Abortion Biz
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 12/22/10 11:58 AM

Former Planned Parenthood abortion facility director Abby Johnson was sitting at her desk when a co-worker at the center asked for some help with a woman getting an abortion.

“I could not have imagined how the next ten minutes would shake the foundation of my values and change the course of my life,” she says in her new book “Unplanned,” an expose of the abortion business and the abortion industry.

Here is the “About” page on Abby Johnson’s website. As this quote indicates, the baby was ~13 weeks gestational age:

Abby Johnson’s life was changed on October 6, 2009. That was the day that she resigned from the largest abortion corporation in the nation…Planned Parenthood.

Abby worked and volunteered for Planned Parenthood for eight years. For the last year of her employment, Christ had been working on her heart. Although she didn’t understand why, Abby had begun to question her work and the motivations of the company she had dedicated herself to for eight years.

In September 2009, she saw something that forever changed her mind on the issue of abortion. Abby was asked to assist in an ultrasound guided abortion procedure. On the ultrasound screen she saw a 13 week baby in the womb fight for its life…only to lose the battle in the end.

Not knowing where to go, Abby turned to a local pro-life resource group, The Brazos Valley Coalition for Life. She explained the events that she had witnessed and swore that she would begin to advocate for life in the womb, instead of destroying it.