R.I.P General "Stormin" Norman Schwarzkopf

We have lost another Great Patriot with the passing of General Schwarzkopf today.

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, coalition forces leader during Persian Gulf War, dies | Fox News

May this Great Soldier, Defender, Patriot and Hero Rest In Peace.

R.I.P.

:flag::usa::usa::flag:

RIP.

http://www.achievement.org/achievers/sch0/photos/sch0-007a.gif

RIP Sir!

I was proud to call him my commanding general when I was in Desert Sword/Storm. He actually visited our mess tent while I was there eating (he did that alot and caught a bunch of grief from his superiors including president Bush). He sat down at my table with the rest of my squad. It was the first and only time a general sat down with me and asked how I was doing. I am truely saddened by his passing. I salute you sir and your greatness.

Thanks for your service Bravo… he was a stupendous intellect and a great patriot and human being. RIP

WOW! What a moment!
Bless you for your service. You, too, are a great patriot.
Thank you, sincerely, for all the peaceful nights I had. I try to remember not to take them for granted.

And to the General Schwarzkopf, God bless you, and rest in peace. It is your due.

I also thank you Bravo! Even in the military - where command structure is highly important - the best leaders find ways to share experiences with those they lead. An aloof leader may yet be respected, but earning loyalty and love demands more of a leader.

Bravo, I didn’t want to spoil the moment, but I just gotta ask 'cuz it sounds so out of character for President Bush.

Why do you figure General Schwarzkopf caught grief from President Bush for being so amiable as to visit your mess tents?
Didn’t he do exactly that, himself; as President, no less?

I don’t get it.

General Schwarzkopf’s supperiors felt he exposed himself to potential danger by being out in the open too much. Most generals just stay in their HQ building rarely leaving, but General Schwarzkopf was always seen walking around the many bases and camps in Kuwait. There was a rumor going around that Delta Force were his personal body guards.

I see. Thank you.