“Radical Bible groups” are “much bigger problem than Islamists”

A German protestant theologian said that ‘radical’ bible groups are a bigger radicalisation threat to adolescents than Islamists, and downplayed the number of minors who have converted and left Germany to fight for Islamic State.
Harald Lamprecht, Christian theologian and sect commissioner for the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Saxony, in an interview with Der Morgenpostclaims that “radical bible groups” are more of a risk to the youths of Saxony than Islamism.
During the interview, in which the theologian was asked to advise parents of how to look out for signs of Islamic radicalisation, he told parents “not to panic” and advised them, rather, to be more prepared to keep watch for warning signs of Christian radicalisation:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/07/christian-theologian-radical-bible-groups-are-much-bigger-problem-than-islamists

Here is another case where the church has been over run by idiots who have no clue to facts or history.

Bible says in the end times churches will embrace apostasy.

**Here is another case where the church has been over run by idiots who have no clue to facts or history. **
First off…Interesting post. Second: Something that I’ve noticed in life. In my life I’ve run into some very smart people. By very smart I’m talking about people that could be in MENSA or could score very close to the requirement to join MENSA. Of those I’ve known a very large number of them had zero common sense. Other’s were unable to apply the knowledge they had to common every day life. An example that comes to mind is someone that could figure up the amount of interest (in his head) that he would pay on his credit card, but couldn’t remember to pay it. Because of that I’m almost never surprised when someone smart some out with some crazy stupid statement.

That is a common misconception that brainy people don’t have common sense. They may know one or two people that fit pattern, but it isn’t generally true. They are just the more outspoken ones.

I was once a member of MENSA and attended a couple of local chapter meetings. Frankly, they bored me nearly to tears as the only thing anyone talked about was how much smarter they were than anyone else. I dropped my membership years ago and haven’t regretted it one iota. I didn’t find them lacking in common sense. Just lacking in humility and with an overweening sense of their own importance.

That is a common misconception that brainy people don’t have common sense. They may know one or two people that fit pattern, but it isn’t generally true. They are just the more outspoken ones.
Actually I wasn’t talking about the misconception. I was really talking about people that I have known. Like (a true example) I walked into the office one day & asked someone that I worked in what he was drinking (he usually drank cokes but this was clear). About 15 minutes later I had a list of all the minerals, etc. that was in the common city water that he was drinking. And yes he was serious & not pulling my leg. As for it being generally true or not, I have no idea. I just know that it applies to most of the really smart people that I’ve known (including my wife’s family, but don’t tell her). (wink).

Dude we’re gonna go to the church and we’re gonna get our Bible out and stuff and we’re gonna like read it and talk about Jesus and things and eat donuts and drink coffee dispensed from a big boiler into styrofoam cups it’s gonna be RADICAL!

The problem is in the hierarchy of most of the Churches and their Seminaries where there are too many scholars and too few teachers. back in the 1930’s a Princeton Seminary professor began, in essence, the God is Dead theory which rocketed around the ivied halls for decades. Another group of Seminaries declared the Bible to be too flawed to be trusted. But these arguments of Scriptural inerrancy and authority have been argued for centuries almost back to the formation of the canons from the various writings. That is why the various ‘creeds’ were introduced. Even today there is a broad disparity in the acceptance of various translations of Scripture.
It doesn’t surprise me that denominations all water down the Scripture or don’t use it at all any more. Here in North Carolina there are a group of Churches who declared that from this point forward they will no longer preach or teach about God or Jesus or use any Biblical references, just teach life lessons. Another Church here, that I preached in for a few weeks also took Bible out of their name.
Satan IS alive and well friends and quite active IN THE CHURCH. I say this because God certainly cannot exist in many of them.

I’m very uncomfortable with this article and its quote from Breitbart. Theologically liberal denominations do not lack for blindered unfaithful leaders, but I wish what he said was quoted at length. I’d like to know what he meant by “radical bible groups”. Did he mean groups like theologically conservative Baptists, Pentecostals, and those who the US would be called Evangelicals? Or was he referring to far-from-the-mainstream groups like David Berg’s Children of God or the Branch Dividians?

That said, he should have to explain that radical Muslims are no big deal to some of his female members who have been raped or otherwise sexually assaulted by Muslim “refugees”.

The end times are scaring the crap out of me. I am too young to die, I want God to spare us of the end times so badly. If not, I don’t know if even I can even accept God into my heart.

If I’m an apostate, I am willing to stick it for my assessment of God not sparing our lives on Earth.

You’ll be happy to know that not all Christians have the same view of the end-times as a literally imminent pre-trib Rapture then 7 years of torture before a literal 1000 year reign of Christ on Earth. That’s actually kind of an American thing.

Don’t worry so much about these sorts of things, focus on loving God and let Him take care of the rest.

That wasn’t anything like the ones I attended. Perhaps they vary from one area to another. Like I said, at the ones I attended, everybody just talked about “normal” things like anyone else. In the small group that used to get together near here, it was still much the same, except sometimes the subjects discussed were a little more esoteric than the “average” person would be interested in, and in both (the other one was the Dayton, OH, group), there were a few fruitcakes. But I guess you find those in any group.

I speak not as a Christian but as a Deist, raised as a Missouri Synod Lutheran.

You’re not too young to die. It’s in the hands of someone else, a Higher Power. Who may have plans or may be making plans.

That’s true of all of us. While the concept of the Antichrist doesn’t fit well with Deist beliefs, it seems that’s what we’re looking at. PURE EVIL - and so many people almost bewitched, in their spinxlike unwillingness to see it or oppose it.

We know what Islam is. It’s life-denying, knowledge-rejecting, progress-stopping, regressive…nearly Stone Age in what it does to societies. But this is what the Elites are eagerly thrusting at us, and welcoming.

And this has happened before. Untaught in schools, the history of the Dark Ages, the Medieval period, was that of Islam’s spread across southern Europe. The knowledge and literacy of Roman times was LOST. So was basic medical care and knowledge of hygiene. The human population dropped; and behind those mass numbers were heart-wrenching stories, by the hundreds of thousands each year…of infants dead; of children dying; of young people dying in childbirth or while farming or trying otherwise to make a living. Of people dying of sickness long before what we consider old-age. Of starvation and privation and malnutrition.

And of slaughter by the Islamic barbarians.

We will live it again. There is much wisdom in the Scripture; and it speaks of those who reject God’s Word. I would say it seems to hold equally true of non-Christian societies…when they reject the Higher Power and the self-evident Natural Law, their societies collapse.

Now it’s our turn.

I’m clinging to my guns and my bible, is that OK???:freaked:

I took that MENSA ‘entrance exam’ back in college, guess I did ok, they asked me join, but somehow I did not think they would let a cowboy stay around very long. I never attended a real meeting they had sort of a meet and greet thing, but just did not fit…you can imagine the look on their faces when I said I had recently got back from Vietnam, not sure if I suddenly had measles or said I lived in a Leper colony…

I took an initial Menza exam back in 64 or 5 while I was in New York City. Passed it and was invited to join but it does cost money and I had none so I passed. One of my daughters in later years got me a book that had various Menza tests and I would take some of them but by that time I knew that I wanted no part of that elitest snobbery. There was an internet IQ test that floated around the internet a number of years ago and my youngest daughter, (BA Education and Masters in administration) her PHD husband and my son (BA in Advanced Math and Masters in statistics) decided to take this IQ test, so I challenged them and actually beat them. My son in law has a bit of an ego so he was a bit humbled.

I wasn’t the one with the highest IQ in that Mensa group, but I wasn’t the one with the lowest, either. I didn’t mean to imply that the ONLY thing they talked about was how smart they were, but it was a “popular” topic of conversation during the social hour before the meetings actually began. They did strike me as elitist and I wasn’t interested so I quit going and paying dues.

I guess it varies from location to location. A lot of the people I encountered in Mensa were just “ordinary” people, interested in most of the ordinary things most people are interested it. I suppose there are some small groups that are predominantly snobs, but I didn’t run into too many snobs. I think perhaps a few more weirdos than the average, but when you’re in a fairly large group, you’ll find some who share your interests. I dropped out for two reasons - one was the money involved, the other was that there are that many members in this area.

My sister who lives about twenty miles away is a member - she was the one who persuaded me to join in the first place. I went to a “gathering” with her that was in my area, and met a few nice people, so I joined. I had a good job then. But when I came out here, and the only people besides my sister were so far away - we used to go to a place in St. Mary’s once in a while, but that was a long drive and I felt like it wasn’t worth it - especially when our hostess was the bossy sort. And yes, you’ll find those everywhere. As well as the other reasons I dropped out, the reasons I joined in the first place no longer existed.

If you keep the records of your formal tests, (they don’t have to be a “Mensa” test, just any standard IQ test), they will probably be accepted any time, if you decide you want to join. I just present the results of tests taken at the Peoria job service. But, I keep repeating - they aren’t all snobs.

I would guess that it is just the anti-Christian faction that are trying to smear Christianity.

Okay, sorry for my haste post earlier. I respect God very much, but I still have lots of questioning and doubts.