Rand Paul: Any attack on Israel should be considered an attack on the United States

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul took what very well could be considered his most pro-Israel stance yet, saying in an interview that an attack on Israel should be treated as an attack on the United States.

Asked whether the United States would stand with Israel and provide it foreign aid if the Jewish state were attacked by its enemies, Paul went a step further.

“Well absolutely we stand with Israel,” he said in an interview with Breitbart News, “but what I think we should do is announce to the world – and I think it is pretty well known — that any attack on Israel will be treated as an attack on the United States.”

Personal opinion: bah, can’t stand the Israel-first attitude among our politicians. If Israel is attacked that is her problem, not America’s.

And that would be a fine opinion if we weren’t feeding the beast that threatens to attack them at the same time.

Kind of contradictory eh? Not directly his fault though.

I agree with Rand Paul on this.
Also, all aid to Egypt should be cut off, PERIOD!! The muslim brotherhood has a goal of destroying Israel.

True. The fact that Obama just gave Egypt a bunch of F16’s for free is very worrying. I don’t want the US involved in Israel’s affairs, but I can’t understand why we give their enemies 3x more military aid if supposedly they are our ‘closest ally.’

Cut all foreign aid and Israel will be stronger.

I’ll buy that. Without our “help”, Israel would be able to take care of her self.

And her enemies wouldn’t have our money and weapons.

Military aid in 2010:

Israel: $2.8 billion
Egypt: $1.3 billion
Iraq: $1 billion
Pakistan: $1 billion
Jordan: $460 million
Sudan: $100 million

[quote=“Jebby, post:7, topic:37954”]
And her enemies wouldn’t have our money and weapons.

Military aid in 2010:

Israel: $2.8 billion
Egypt: $1.3 billion
Iraq: $1 billion
Pakistan: $1 billion
Jordan: $460 million
Sudan: $100 million
[/quote]Do not forget the one billion of debt we forgave egypt.

U.S. Near Deal to Forgive $1 Billion in Egypt Debt: ‘It

Now the supplying of weapons to destroy to destroy Israel, who does Obama think he is fooling?

Does anybody see what’s going on here? Rand Paul has just recently went to Israel to suck up to its leadership, now he is acting like he really cares about them. I’m not buying his sudden flip flop here. Why is nobody questioning this from Rand??? It always alludes me when the most conspiracy-like and government hating people in the country can suddenly listen to whatever any “paul” has to say, even if they fundamentally disagree with it. HAHA! I wonder what would happen, if Ron Paul said this. Would the libertarian cheerleaders, cheer him on?

There should be more outrage coming from you guys. After all, Rand Paul was one of the few Republicans who was against the settlements that Israel is building. The left loved him for that! Though, now he is all sweet and kind to Israel. 100% Flip Flop!

I’ve always thought Rand was a lot different…and smarter…than his dad. Here he gives the Libertarian Isolationists a good twist to their knickers and signals DEFENSE-cons that his foreign policy will be one of strength…not isolationism… (or adventurism for that matter).
He also voted NO on lifting the debt ceiling the other day. (Not a good decision IMO…but one that the red meat conservatives will love…and one without consequence since he already knew the outcome of the vote.)
But JJF is right…the question remains…Is Rand using his smarts to position himself for 2016 without regard to his real beliefs…or are we seeing the real Rand?

@jjf…"After all, Rand Paul was one of the few Republicans who was against the settlements that Israel is building. The left loved him for that! Though, now he is all sweet and kind to Israel. 100% Flip Flop! "
Source please. Here’s what he said 2 weeks ago:
“If somebody asked me where to build in Israel, I would say it’s none of my business,” Paul told reporters in Israel. “What I think is wrong is for American politicians to come to Jerusalem and say ‘You shouldn’t be building in this neighborhood’…or for American politicians to come over and tell you that you need to give the Golan Heights back.”

I’m pretty sure a Paul administration would heavily reduce our dependence on Middle Eastern oil.

I can also guarantee you we wouldn’t be sending F-16’s and Abrams tanks to Egypt. Apparantly it is to appease them so they won’t attack Israel, but Israel is the only country they would want to use them on.