Rand Paul: Fiscal Cliff Bill Was Brought to Floor at 1:36AM, We Voted at 1:39AM

Rand Paul: Fiscal Cliff Bill Was Brought to Floor at 1:36AM, We Voted at 1:39AM. No One Read It.
Hannity | Fox News | January 3, 2012

[Rand Paul: Fiscal Cliff Bill Was Brought to Floor at 1:36AM, We Voted at 1:39AM - Fox News 1/3/2012 - YouTube](http://youtu.be/8HwBvUojs7o)

NO ONE READ THE BILL. THEY DIDN’T EVEN HAVE IT PRINTED OUT!**

No one reads bills anymore. They end up being so long that there’s no way you can in the time allotted. Bills either need to be shorter, by getting rid of earmarks and other things added to bills and only putting single things in, or by having a way to summarize the bill in a fair, non-biased way.

I like Rand’s proposed law that saws there must be 1 day of “reading time” per 20 or so pages of a bill. Obamacare would have needed 100 days…

I don’t know about that long. I have higher hopes that our Congressman can read faster than 20 pages per day…

But maybe not.

They do get more than 1 bill at a time and they are swamped with other things as well. A lot of their job involves services for their districts. (And raising funds for their next election as soon as their in office)

Well remember Obama’s “promise” about putting bill ideas online a full three weeks before so that the American people, “will know what is going on.” Yeah, I’m not going to trust Rand’s idea just because a Republican says it now.

Obviously, there’s a lot more to it than just reading it; there’s absorbing it and comprehending how those twenty pages relate to/interact with the previous day’s twenty pages- or the next day’s.

“most transparent administration ever” my ass.

The problem is Obama’s ‘promise’ was just that, a promise. Rand’s proposal would be law.

It is just a show.

Game Theory shows how in close interaction humans will corporate with eachother even if bitter enemies. WWI showed this idea when as long as one side would stop firing the other would also honor the cease fire. This allowed the men reprive from the constant stress of being under fire. Now picture the congress and senate in the same light. They learn to corporate whether conservative, liberal, dem, repub, etc.

Which sadly invalidates the reasoning behind the good old “checks and balances” the constitution was based off of.