Rand Paul: Immigration Reform Can't Pass Without Conservative Votes

Rand Paul: Immigration Reform Can’t Pass Without Conservative Votes

“This isn’t passing unless it gets through a conservative House. Unless they ram it through with all Democrats in the House and a few Republicans, it’s not going to pass,” Paul said. “I think that’s an important part of this that the Gang of Eight is going to have to figure out.”

“I’ve told them this repeatedly in private and in public, ‘If you have a new pathway, you’re making it hard for any conservatives to get on board with this,’” he added.

When asked point-blank if he would vote for the current bill, Paul said that he had “not made a final conclusion on it” since he hadn’t finished reading the entire bill, but would look to improve it through amendments.

[quote=“Jebby, post:1, topic:39216”]
Rand Paul: Immigration Reform Can’t Pass Without Conservative Votes

“This isn’t passing unless it gets through a conservative House. Unless they ram it through with all Democrats in the House and a few Republicans, it’s not going to pass,” Paul said. “I think that’s an important part of this that the Gang of Eight is going to have to figure out.”

“I’ve told them this repeatedly in private and in public, ‘If you have a new pathway, you’re making it hard for any conservatives to get on board with this,’” he added.

When asked point-blank if he would vote for the current bill, Paul said that he had “not made a final conclusion on it” since he hadn’t finished reading the entire bill, but would look to improve it through amendments.
[/quote]someone tell me why we need any new pathway to citizenship? They ignored the last “path” and now we are coming up with another one, in spite of the fact that the immigrants who cared enough to go about things the right way, get hosed. We need no new path. Enforce the law.

What we need to do is to be harder on the illegals, and easier on the legal immigrants, instead of the other way around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/sarcasm.gif