Rand Paul: U.S. is funding a ‘war against Christianity’

Rand Paul: U.S. is funding a ‘war against Christianity’

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Thursday continued his outreach to Christian conservatives, telling a gathering of them that the United States is effectively funding wars on Christianity by sending money to nations like Egypt and Syria.

“It’s clear that American taxpayer dollars are being used in a war against Christianity,” Paul said at a luncheon hosted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition to kick off the three-day Faith and Freedom Conference.

Paul said the U.S. war in Iraq led Christians to flee a secular country that had otherwise been “a relatively safe place for Christians,” and that Christians are now being hunted in nearby nations.

“These countries are not our allies, and no amount of money is going to make them so,” Paul said. “It makes no sense. Should we be sending F-16s and tanks to Egypt when (President Mohammed) Morsi says Jews are descendants of apes and pigs?”

Yep, I’ve been saying this for several years.

The Iraq invasion caused many Christians to flee to Syria. Those that stay face persecution. If Syria falls to the rebels, it will be a slaughterhouse.

Syria is already a slaughterhouse

Hey, weren’t Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction smuggled into Syria? That’s what the neo-cons tried to convince us when they weren’t found in Iraq.

When Syria falls and WMD aren’t found, I suppose they will try and convince us they were smuggled somewhere else.

Interesting; I just got a newsletter from the mission organization my niece is with. It talked about the situation in Syria. They found out that Syrian Christians were offered safe conduct if they wanted to leave Syria. Many of them opted to stay, because they see the need for God among their people. And they are making a difference. And some are paying the ultimate price. The Muslims didn’t think a Christian would ever die for their faith. They even had to buy a piece of ground for a cemetery, because no Christians can be buried in a Muslim cemetery. One message that got out of Syria several times before it changed was, “The graves are still empty.” Many Muslims have been won to the Lord because of their demeanor, and their caring spirit.

Rand Paul speaks the truth. Good luck finding a nativity scene this Christmas. Absolutely ridiculous.

Syrian nun and children at a Nativity scene. This will never happen again if the Saudi-backed terrorists win:

Syrian Christians fear bleak future after Assad