Random Thought Thread

I’ve bought spices on line at Bulkfoods.com. I don’t know if they would have mixtures like that. I was paying $5.28 for 3/4 ounce of stick cinnamon (I use it making cinnamon pickles) at the grocery store. I bought a whole pound at Bulkfoods for $7.85 (plus shipping).

Cleared by my surgeon for everything except lifting so will be visiting more often now. Thanks for everyone’s good wishes and prayers. 3 bypasses and replacement of the Aortic valve has NOT been my idea of “fun.”

Be plenty strange, just don’t be a stranger!

Received one of those “IRS” calls that have been going around

So glad to hear from you!!! We’ve all been worried. God bless you, Pappa!

You could probably make your own spice blends with prices like that! I’m gonna check it out. Is it online?

For posterity sake I would scan them and save them in a single PDF file, it is hard to tell if these things might someday be comforting to read or reference; a computer file is pretty easy to store.

You needed an example of death metal growling so I gave you one. LOL!

I don’t like it either. I like symphonic metal because of the women’s voices.

My sister ended up with most of mom’s keepsakes. Every now and then, when visiting with her, she will pull them out and we go through them. Sometimes, we divide some out.

Glad to hear from you PD :smiley:

We received a couple of those on Monday. I’m not thrilled with scammers to start with, but it really boils my blood when their lies are compounded with threats.

Well, you’re right…I did ask for it! LOL! I have a very eclectic taste in music from classical/opera to 60’s and 70’s rock n’ roll. The only music I dislike is rap. I’m not a big fan of c&w either, but at least I can listen to it without cringing.

Just checked it out, Susanna. Great prices for sure! Thanks for the info!

We got two of them in one day. Reported the second one, but not the first. Should have done that, the phone company won’t release the number to the police unless they get multiple complaints. Their message isn’t clear as to whether they mean multiple messages from one phone number, or multiple reports on the same number by the same person. I only listened long enough to hear a recorded message that “This is an official message from the IRS.” When FC answered, I think he said they claimed to be filing a lawsuit.

Yep, it’s on line (notice the “.com”?).

The message said this was their last warning and so on and to call the official IRS number which really is not the IRS number. I have known about this scam for years and even the newspaper had something on it. Come tax time they figure that people will panic. I have had occasion to deal with the IRS and they send letters not call. Wait it will not be long and I will get a call from microsoft to fix my computer. Even with my email of late two messages were flagged by the email as phishing attempts.

I just had a colonoscopy yesterday and the two days prep is something I would rather not do again. It made me think I should have a TV in the bathroom.

I had one about 20 years ago. What a degrading experience. When I woke up from the anesthesia I was on my side with my backside uncovered. I heard a nurse say to me, “Honey, if you feel like passing gas, go ahead.” Not in the frame of mind to argue with her, I let 'er rip.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:21078, topic:7205”]
I had one about 20 years ago. What a degrading experience. When I woke up from the anesthesia I was on my side with my backside uncovered. I heard a nurse say to me, “Honey, if you feel like passing gas, go ahead.” Not in the frame of mind to argue with her, I let 'er rip.
[/quote]The procedure was nothing they put me to sleep and I woke up turned over saw the wife and farted a few times. They said to get dressed and I left. The two days before were something else. I had to wash clothes and after the procedure I had to thoroughly wash the bathroom walls and all.

All I had was coffee and funny I did not feel hungry and I stopped taking my meds and once I got to the clinic they were discussing the procedure and telling they might have to stop it and I thought “oh no I do not want to go through that again”.

I am so happy it was only the bathroom I had to clean. I swear I would get up head for the bathroom door and I had to run back to the toilet. They found two polyps and will let know the results next week. On my last doctor visit the staff asked me if I had ever had this done before and I told them I had taken residents where I worked to get it done and my mother but never myself. They told me because I was over 50 I should get it done and since I am 70 I guess it was about time.

Did they remove the polyps? When my doc found a polyp, he removed it on the spot.

And I’m with you about the prep. I will never go through that again (I had four of them in about 6 years).