Random Thought Thread

Wow…I never had that experience. But, like I said, it was 20+ years ago so their methods may have been different. I will pray that the polyps turn out to be nothing. I hate when they make you wait for the results. That’s one reason I’ve never had a mammogram. You know they’re gonna find SOMETHING and then they make you wait weeks before they tell you what it is. Plus, I have no breast cancer in my family and I do my breast exams whenever I take a shower. Enough of their stupid tests.

I don’t remember the preps. And, I certainly don’t remember having the type of problems Sam had. Yes, I was wondering the same thing about why the doctor didn’t remove the polyps. That’s why I hate these kinds of tests.

they removed the polyps

Oh good! When will you find out the results?

Next week

I got home from church this afternoon, and FC met me at the door wearing his orange stocking cap. He told me to shade my eyes before he took it off - he’d shaved his head! I haven’t been able to cut it for a while, and he was getting awfully shaggy. And there’s not a barber shop or hair salon very close to us. Fortunately, he doesn’t care much for it himself, and I have been feeling a little better lately, and might be able to take care of it the next time it needs trimmed.

You MUST get a photo of him!

:freaked:

Hey, wait, you can’t do that, you have no hair!

Does anyone else have two funny square thingys at the bottom where it says “Reply” and “Reply with Quote” as if they are enclosed in a little square? They also look like the words are double and not in balance. No. I haven’t been drinking.

Our grand-daughter (the one who’s in the picture that serves as my avatar above) and her husband and two boys recently moved into a new home in Norman, Oklahoma. Not having seen it, my wife and I drove down there last evening and had dinner with them. It’s a VERY nice house and we’re very happy for them…plus, it gave me a chance to play with the boys, age 10 and 2 1/2, though my “play” is a bid subdued these days.

Sounds like a cookie issue on your browser. My guess is that it’ll clear up in time. If not, it may be necessary to clean out your cookie cache.

How do you do that?

It’ll vary from browser to browser. Mine has an option buried deep within “tools.” I can’t remember the last time I tried it (not even completely sure I have; if I did, it was rarely, and years ago).

Today’s “Dilbert” is a riot!

Homepage | Dilbert by Scott Adams

Submitted without comment…

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip, June 27, 2016 on GoComics.com

I’m right there with you, man…

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip, July 24, 2016 on GoComics.com

Haven’t seen any American flags at the DNC convention, but of course you need this. Diversity!

I heard a Clinton ad accusing Trump of taking advantage of people by giving them jobs.

Last evening, our 37-year-old daughter invited us (her parents) and her boyfriend for a glass of champagne on our patio before dinner ( deep fried catfish filets, home-made cole slaw, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and fried potatoes). We were intrigued, to say the least. After the champagne was poured, she announced that she’d received a phone call earlier in the day from the dean of a local university’s law school telling her that she had been accepted as a OneL law student and had been awarded a $42K merit scholarship!!! Orientation is August 6th and she starts classes the following week. As you can imagine, we were delighted. Thanks to those who joined us in praying for her prior to taking the LSAT exam in early June.