Ready to raise some... eyebrows maybe...

God bless all the good Conservatives.

I think you’ll love it here among fellow rogues.

We have some poets here, at least they have the spirit of the poet. I love
poetry and am looking forward to reading some stuff you have written.

You can post your poems in the Cigar Lounge where you can talk about
anything you want, including your own poetry.

I love Tolkien he is one of my favorites. I’m a really big fan.
Some others here like him also. Also we have some folks
here who like to write and we give it a shot as amateurs.
I mention that because poets might like to write also, essay
type stuff I mean. You like to write short essays?

I hear ya.

Our Only Hope has changed things for sure, and he has 2 more years to make even more
changes. The sheeple don’t mind, they have their TV and their games and they’re mesmerized
and blissfully happy on the way to the precipice … lol …

I can absolutely guarantee that they all will tell you that. And not just one time, but
over and over again as their campaign gets going :smile:.

PS

Edit:

I don’t think so. Not over Genetically Modified Organisms.

If you don’t like the stuff, hey don’t eat it. I’m really cool with
people Just Saying No To GMO’s if that’s what they want to do.

In my case I just eat whatever is on sale and trust the Sovereign
God with the out come. :cool:

:diamonds:

4 Likes

Thank you to all who have taken the time to say hello. A couple of things. I don’t personally smoke pot, haven’t for thirty five years, but most of my southern Oregon conservative friends do smoke. More later. I do not like the world of corporate farming, too many short cuts, too much profit motive, and with monoculture growing techniques and Monsanto executives manning the FDA I think we have more to worry about than sugar. Kinda like having Goldman Sacs people running the Treasury - bad things can happen. My welcome here has been diverse and challenging which is to say perfect.

1 Like

Well, that got off on a good foot, wouldn’t you say? :banghead:

just gotta say, one of the most interesting introductory threads I’ve seen. Got a live one here!

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:11, topic:45907”]

The only harm coming out of GMOs, is how Monsanto has used their patents of them to hit farmers over the head.
[/quote]Well, ya stole my comment in response to the aboev post! I had a copyright on it. I think I’ll sue you.

1 Like

Rut roe. You were doing pretty good there for a while. Just a little ‘heads up’: Best pull back some before you out yourself completely.
I mean, you wouldn’t want to give it all away at once, would you?

Hey 2cent Thanks! I’m persistent if engaged but a little bit of encouragement helps. I don’t think I could out myself. I believe in freedom. Can’t work with the left. I don’t take things personally but I do tire of beating my head against a wall. I want there to be smarter innovative leadership. I want to believe in where “We” are going. I want to be a part of pushing us into a brighter future. Republicans are not inspiring me much but again, Cant work with the left on freedom issues.

Welcome

Welcome to RO, rogueandpoet!

Do you mean like ELP, Yes, Triumvirat, etc…?

Maybe Dream Theater?

3 Likes

Do you mean like ELP, Yes, Triumvirat, etc…?

I would include Queen, Tull, ELO, Sweet, Styx, Zep, Uriah Heep, Floyd, …

talk about parallel universes… never heard of any of these except Queen…

I’ve heard of all of them and listened to most of them in my youth. I still like Zep and Tull. The proper names are: Jethro Tull, Electric Light Orchestra, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd…

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:27, topic:45826”]
I’ve heard of all of them and listened to most of them in my youth. I still like Zep and Tull. The proper names are: Jethro Tull, Electric Light Orchestra, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd…
[/quote] a faint bell rings… very faint…

All of them put out some really good music

1 Like

I saw Led Zeppelin before they got really popular in the U.S. They were opening for Jethro Tull in a small concert hall (one of those funky psychedelic ones). They were so awesome that Tull almost never got on. It was back in the 60’s so I have since forgotten the name of the place where they played. Ever since then, I loved the Zep. Still love Tull, too. Ian Anderson is probably one of the greatest flautists in rock history.

[quote=“qixlqatl, post:29, topic:45826”]
All of them put out some really good music
[/quote] what can I say? I have been culturally deprived for most of my life. (sniff, sob) If you would like to remedy this sad situation, I can give you a po box to which CDs, DVDs and movies can be sent. (sniff, sob)

Patriciareed, it’s a digital world. we can email some tunes to you!!!

[quote=“Rogueandpoet, post:32, topic:45826”]
Patriciareed, it’s a digital world. we can email some tunes to you!!!
[/quote] Rogueandpoet, you are a kind soul! But actually, I was just being silly (you will quickly find that I do that a lot). It’s true that I have not had much exposure to progressive rock, but to be perfectly honest, remedying that deficit, which is one of zillions of deficits in my life, is not at the top of my bucket list right now. but again, thank you!!! I do like Bohemian Rhapsody, at least kinda sorta (see my blog All Mixed Up with No Place to Go.) And I almost got banned from this site, yep, almost banned, for liking The Godfather movie. It’s best for me to keep a low cultural profile… to go with my low culture…(sniff, sob… I’m sorry… I just can’t help it… sob)