Receivers of food stamps in the US now outnumber the population Of Spain

Obama is setting new records! Folks on Food Stamps can now fill a fair sized country! Of course it’s Bush’s fault.

When Obama entered office in January 2009 there were 31,939,110 Americans receiving food stamps. As of November 2012—the most recent data available—there were 47,692,896Americans enrolled, an increase of 49.3 percent.

According to the 2011 census, Spain had a population of 46,815,916. Furthermore, between January 2009 and November 2012 the food stamp program added approximately an average 11,269 recipients per day.

Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain | CNS News

If the poverty rate increases, the number of people on food stamps increases… isn’t that a good thing that people are being fed? This story should be about the failure of letting millions of Americans succumb to poverty. That I can blame Obama for. The thing about food stamps is unnecessary sensationalism.

The number of people on food stamps and the increase in the number is fact and a direct result of the policies of the current administration. Elections have consequences and people need the results shown to them.

Hold on a minuet there cowboy!! I hear I can get steak n Lobster with those things!
I heard I can get caviare! Shushi, Booze, shrimp, and beer nuts!
I heard about crab meat and fish, Rib eye’s and ribs! I heard about fresh bread, spuds!
Man I even heard you can sell some of those things to buy beer.
How can I get some of those !!! I think all I have to do is stop working!

I’ve had to use food stamps short term a couple of times. They give you nearly twice as many (dollars worth) as you need. The last time we were on food stamps, we ate real good, and still hadn’t used them all up when our eligibility ended. We could have eaten a lot more frugally than we did, and yet, I hear people complaining that their food stamps aren’t enough. I would buy store brands, and cheap foods like hot dogs and pasta. I absolutely refused to buy steak with food stamps, even though I could have easily enough. My (ex) husband would have if he’d been in control. He quit looking for work when he turned 60, because he found out that it wasn’t required to food stamps after that age. I went back to work and 58, and worked until almost 68.

Of course they aren’t even stamps now, just discreat cards so people aren’t embarrassed.

It’s a BAD thing that people are becoming dependent on the government. To say nothing of the fact that it’s a reflection of the economy under Obama’s leadership after the left was female-canining about Bush…

Susanna please don’t misunderstand my post. For anyone really needing assistance I am all for help folks our as any Christian should do. Or I should say anyone with a heart. I’m addressing the receipts we see on the internet of lobster purchases etc. I think there is a lot of abuse in both the food stamp and welfare systems. I didn’t mean to insult anyone who used the system responsibly.

Don’t worry; Mom (Susanna) won’t be insulted. She thinks the government social(ist) programs are a boondoggle, too.

Back in the old days when a woman went on assistance, when she went to the store she was allowed only certain foods and the grocery store could not sell things like steak and such. Of course that was when a government worker would make spot checks on welfare recipients to ensure they did not have a man hanging around.

Well, when our family went on public aid, my father was around - he had just applied for a job with the WPA, but had to sign up for public aid in order to get it. I don’t know how old he was then, but he wasn’t young - he was 64 at the time my youngest brother was born, and I think it must have been around that time.

I was backpacking in the mountains and came across a Park Service sign that read “Please do not feed the bears, they’ll become dependent on hand outs and lose their natural instinct to survive”. The same is true of people. When we get things free we lose our drive to be self reliant. Liberals do not understand this. I’m not saying never help someone, but there must be limits and requirements to get that person or family independent again.
How many ride unemployment until it ends then find work?

What will happen when there are less working taxpayers to pay for all the government hand-outs like food stamps?

Riots

Why do conservatives hate poor hungry people? Seventy-five percent of food stamp participants are families with children. There are already plenty of restrictions in place that ensure that those benefits primarily go to people who are legitimately poor. About 93 percent of food stamp benefits go to households with incomes below the poverty line. It was the richest Americans skated through the Great Recession, while poor people lost their jobs and their homes and struggled to put food on the table. SNAP was there to help, to prevent the kind of pain and suffering that plagued America during the Great Depression.

Yes and we want dirty air and water too. Puppy’s need to be banned and no more Happy Meals! Generalize your stereotypes much?

[quote=“tperkins, post:16, topic:38244”]
Yes and we want dirty air and water too. Puppy’s need to be banned and no more Happy Meals! Generalize your stereotypes much?
[/quote] I knew it!

Name one person that wants to starve single mothers and babies.

Ming the Merciless!!! :devil:**

Yes but Flash was there to get the rations through!