Registering for confiscation

Never think it can’t or won’t happen here.
The LAST person you can trust is a liberal!!!

Registering for confiscation : News : SunNews Video Gallery

Good find and the guy even gave history but alas it will be ignored. Once all guns are registered we will see the same results.

All guns won’t be registered; the criminals will still have unregistered guns.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:38287”]
All guns won’t be registered; the criminals will still have unregistered guns.
[/quote]Bingo and their usual sources will still be there. Perhaps Obama can have a gun supply house for his buds

Just bugs the tar outta me that my recent purchases were all new guns, and “the form” was filled out and filed when I bought them.

I have several that I bought used though, that don’t have “the form” associated with the sale.

I feel your pain brother. Damn shame we were on that canoe trip and lost them all.

Registering one’s firearms strikes me as both reasonable and efficacious to assist the police in tracking down the source of a stolen weapon. I’ve always registered (and insured) all my automobiles and have never feared confiscation. Guess I’m just not bloody paranoid.

When they take your car…that’s all they get.
When they take your guns… they own you.

Sorry, Cam, but I don’t understand what you are saying. What’s so special about a gun? It’s an appliance to make killing easier, just as a blender is an appliance that makes making margueritas easier. Nor do I understand why the mere act of registration will lead to confiscation. The whole point is that I register and insure my automobiles for legitmate purposes of government regulation, and I do not fear confiscation by so doing. Why should any law-abiding gun owner fear confiscation?

Jazzhead

Sorry, Cam, but I don’t understand what you are saying.
Not surprising.

What’s so special about a gun?
My Constitutional Right to own and possess it, that’s what.

It’s an appliance to make killing easier, just as a blender is an appliance that makes making margueritas easier.
Nope, it is a tool to make self defense easier, just as a security camera is an appliance to make identifying crooks, easier.

Nor do I understand why the mere act of registration will lead to confiscation.
If they know where they are, they’ll be easier to round up. They, and you, want us disarmed.

The whole point is that I register and insure my automobiles for legitmate purposes of government regulation, and I do not fear confiscation by so doing. Why should any law-abiding gun owner fear confiscation?
You register your vehicle to keep from receiving a citation. No one wants you “carless”.
You are so full of…confusion. The very party you are so against, are the ones you constantly side with. What’s up wit dat? You agree with Democrats on 90% of their agenda, and claim to be a FISCAL conservative. That makes you 1/10, conservative and 90% liberal.

Bloody paranoid…leads me to think yur not from here my progressive friend. I personally keep the serial numbers of my own guns. I’ve had two stollen and gave the police the numbers and got them back. I DO NOT need the government to keep those numbers for me.

Countries where gun registration lead to confiscation:

Cuba, China, Russia, and most other totalitarian states?

let’s see…New Zealand, 1921 the ownership of revolvers were allowed in the name of personal defense, 1970s this list was used to confiscate all revolvers.

Canada…registration list 1990s, old guns grandfathered in, but this list is used for the state to confiscate the guns upon the death of the holder with no compensation to the estate

1996 Australia used it’s list of registered semiauto hunting rifles to confiscate all those weapons.

The UK government instituted handgun registration in 1921, and about every 10 years or so they further restrict what can be owned and use the registration rolls to collect what is illegal.

How about Chicago, put in registration of long guns, used that same registration to confiscate semiauto long guns in the early 1990s
RIGHT HERE IN THE USA!

Sorry brother, mine will never be registered. And if your for registration, what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand? You may not like it, but that’s how it is here in the USA. But your welcome to leave.

Jazz…I’ll let the others speak for me above mostly. (I will disassociate myself from any personal remarks however.) Guns are used defensively over 1 million times a year here…so in addition to my right to preserve my liberty…I also have a right to protect my life and those around me.
The government knows nothing about any of my other possessions…and they are especially not entitled to know about my Constitutionally protected ones. They know about my car because I have a driving privilege. They know where I live so they can collect their taxes and deliver my mail. That is all they are entitled to know.

Feel free to share whatever you like with them…but don’t ask me to do the same through force of unconstitutional laws.

The government knows when you buy sudafed. The only thing that will stop registration is congress deciding not to pass the law or a strong SCOTUS ruling that would render nearly every gun restriction unconstitutional.

Cam, I support the Second Amendment as conveying an individual right. I understand that the “natural” right that undergirds the Second Amendment is that of self defense. I support concealed carry laws.

But I also support registration and have no fear whatsoever that it would lead to confiscation from law-abiding citizens. Simply put, I do not buy into all the right-wing paranoia. A gun is useful and (so I’m told) fun, but it is also dangerous. I have no objection to reasonable, efficacious regulation.

Jazzhead it is clear you’re a man of conviction and I respect your right to your opinion.
Every search I do about gun registration leads me to articles where confiscation followed.
Can you help an old cowboy find a country where registration did not lead to confiscation?

I’ll keep looking but I haven’t been able to find one.

I submit that the USA is unique, with its centuries-old democratic tradition and its Constitution which includes, of course, the Second Amendment. I have enough faith in our history and our people to believe that registration of firearms should not lead to confiscation. Just as the registration of automobiles does not lead to confiscation.

I have no doubt that you are likewise a man of conviction. I respect your opinion but disagree that the experience in other, more totalitarian, countries is translatable to the United States.

You dont have to register your car if you only use it on private property. You keep comparing guns and cars but yet you would deny gun owners the same private property exception that car owners get. Either stop comparing them or adjust your comparison.

The exception from registration for a car that is never driven reflects that the car is not being used for its intended purpose. To my thinking, registration is appropropriate whenever the item in question is being used for its intended purpose. The proper parallel, therefore, is that registration of a firearm would not be necessary if the gun is disabled so that it cannot be fired.

I realize that you live in a blue hell hole where you are packed in like sardines but down in here in the great state of Texas there is plenty of room to drive vehicles on private property

The only reason cars are registered is so you are able to be taxed because you use your vehicle on government owned property (the roads). Those taxes are therefore to be used on up keep for the roads. It is in no way what-so-ever comparable to registering guns. What would be comparable to registering guns would be registering the blender you mentioned with the government. Or registering your TV. Or your phone. Or the 6 pack of underwear you just bought. Or a pack of reeds for a sax. Understand the difference yet? All of the affirmentioned are private property. The government has no right to know what the serieal number on your tv or blender is. Those sort of items get stolen all the time. Why doesn’t the government want to track where your stolen blender is? Its because we can’t use our blenders to defend ourselves from tyranny of an overreaching government. Every single totalitarian government has stolen the right for their citizens to defend themselves from that very government. If it weren’t for citizens owning guns, the crown would never have been overthrown, “democracy” would never truely have taken hold and this very internet that you use to speak against freedoms would never have been created.

The US wasn’t created by free-thinking freedom lovers using blenders. It was created by free-thinking freedom lovers using guns. Those same free-thinking freedoms lovers KNEW the importance of citizens owning their own arms. They have expressed it very clearly and innumerated it often. Being not “paranoid” equates to being complacent. And once complacency sets in, thats when everything you hold dear is taken from you. We, meaning you, myself and every other single citizen of any country in the world, should never truely trust their governments. Citizens having the ability to fight back is what keeps the government in check. Complacency has resulted in far too many of our freedoms being chipped away already. We are at a point in this country where the informed are starting to say enough is enough.

The old adage that “Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely” is completely true. Take a step back and really take a look at how many members of the government abuse those powers that they have. I mean seriously take a look. Now imagine how bad it will be when they manage to take away our ability to defend ourselves from them (guns).

Saying that people not wanting to register their weapons are paranoid is incorrect. That’s being logical. Saying that you can’t understand why it is a bad thing is being blissfully dellusional. And that is where the danger lies.

All they will accomplish with making people register guns is making one more criminal. Cause I sure as shit won’t be registering ANYTHING.