Reid's office unsure if NRA will reward his vote against background checks

‘I voted against the Manchin-Toomey background checks legislation, even though I fully support it’

Read more: The Daily Caller

**Maybe he voted for the background checks legislation before voting against it.

Nice move! Piss off both sides of the issue in one press release! The leader of our Senate everyone! Give him a round of applause!

Harry Reid would fit nicely in a late night horror movie.

I find it ironic that President Obama want to pass gun control legislation, but it was Harry Reid who did not want to ban assault rifles in his bill. The President cannot even get his own party to agree with his policies.

Seriously Harry Reid–> Nevada (read: state that likes their guns)…supported by the NRA in the past. He’s a politician and they tend to not be fans of angering very powerful lobbyist groups…shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I do not think “surprised” is the best way to describe my reaction. However, it does describe the radicalization of President Obama’s policies.

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:5, topic:39142”]
Seriously Harry Reid–> Nevada (read: state that likes their guns)…supported by the NRA in the past. He’s a politician and they tend to not be fans of angering very powerful lobbyist groups…shouldn’t surprise anyone.
[/quote]He’s a political chameleon. He was for DADT, then he was against it. He was against gay marriage, and all of a sudden, for it. He was with the NRA, until they refused to support him in 2010.
And, who can have faith in someone who votes against what they do believe in? He as corrupt as they come.

If the NRA gives Reid “credit” for voting against the bill they are dumber than he is.

On Wednesday, Harry Reid voted against the Manchin-Toomey gun bill as it failed to break the 60-vote cloture threshold to get an up-or-down vote. But he supports the bill, strongly. So, why’d he vote no?

the short explanation we give is that Reid voted no “for procedural reasons” or because a no vote “allows him to bring another cloture vote in the future.”

Harry Reid had a good reason to vote against the gun bill