Replying to those on ignore lists

There are a few individuals who make it very well known that other particular individuals are on their ignore list… and then selectively quote their “ignored” posts and reply, speaking about them in the third person, knowing full well that any reply will be obscured from view. This practise is both childish and cowardly.

I make the suggestion that once someone has made it known publicly that someone is on their ignore list they be prohibited from responding to their posts or referring to them. In every instance I have witnessed it’s purpose is to take personal pot shots and provoke others.

1 Like

There are a few individuals who make it very well known that other particular individuals are on their ignore list… and then selectively quote their “ignored” posts and reply, speaking about them in the third person, knowing full well that any reply will be obscured from view.

While any response to Ignore-List-Snipers by the one sniped would not be (immediately) visible to the Snipers, such responses would be visible to other RO members. Some, at least, would see that as an opportunity … IYKWIM … as long as no RO rules are broken, of course …

From Pete’s quote:

[QUOTE=Cactus Jack]There are a few individuals who make it very well known that other particular individuals are on their ignore list… and then selectively quote their “ignored” posts and reply, speaking about them in the third person, knowing full well that any reply will be obscured from view.[/QUOTE]
I don’t think I need three guesses to know who you’re talking about. First, the Ignore function isn’t absolute; I still see any posts from an Ignored person if they are quoted by someone who is not; and there seems to be no shortage of it, in the case of those who are on my Ignore list. So I see quite a bit in spite of an individual being Ignored; and far more often than not, I see their responses when I respond in the manner you describe. Second, nothing is stopping the Ignoree from becoming an Ignorer. It might not work for someone wanting to Ignore me because of my semi-moderator status (I don’t know how the softwhere works), but the stated position of the one whom I think you are posting this in reference to is: “I have never put ANY members on ignore.” That’s his choice, not a software issue.