Report: Air Force Orders Airmen Not To Read Obama-Scandal News…

President Obama has said the outrage over the federal government’s decision to monitor citizens’ phone activity is all “hype.”

He might want to share his opinion with the U.S. Air Force, which is ordering members of the service not to look at news stories about it.

WND has received an unclassified NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) that warns airmen not to look at news stories related to the data-mining scandal.

Military told not to read Obama-scandal news
This is ridiculous. The Obama administration is unraveling with more and more scandals coming out pointing to a government trying to destroy the constitution and remake this nation into something not envisioned by the founding fathers.

I remember attending NCO Calls during the Clinton years and being warned as a group to not speak out against the president. It’s not new.

This is a bit more of a stretch though. Ordering not to read critical commentary? That’s messed up.

Some extent of solidarity with the Commander in Chief has to be mandated in any military, but this is getting into dangerous territory… at least your servicemen aren’t pressured into voting one way or the other.

As I understand it, speaking out against the Commander in Chief, no matter who that may be, is against USMC.
Reading it, might tempt them more than they have the ability to resist.

THEN, I read the article. From it:

“Users are not to use AF NIPRNET systems to access the Verizon phone records collection and other related news stories because the action could constitute a Classified Message Incident.”

C’mon. You don’t see why the military might be warning their guys off of using Verizon from that sentence? As in, it could inadvertently be used by the wrong people? hint, hint.

For trying to take over the country/world/universe, the stupidity of the rulers amazes me.

Were you given the same talk when there was a Republican in the WH?

What is the military going to be like when I join, I probably won’t be able to support any soccer teams besides the US.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:7, topic:39773”]
What is the military going to be like when I join, I probably won’t be able to support any soccer teams besides the US.
[/quote]You can support whomever you choose. No one in the United States cares, not even the president who was quoted this morning as saying, “soccer sucks;” nor do they care about the U.S. team.

Lol I actually checked

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:9, topic:39773”]
Lol I actually checked
[/quote]Awesome :coffee_spray:

Uhhhhh…BOP, WHEN you join…? You know, I’m convinced that someone has kidnapped you and is pretending to be you…:banana:

Lol yes? I’m joining the military?

Nahhh…you’re messin’ with me!!