Report: Verizon providing all call records to U.S. under court order

What The Hell Is A Secret Court?

The National Security Agency appears to be collecting the telephone records of tens of millions of American customers of Verizon, one of the nation’s largest phone companies, under a top-secret court order issued in April.

The order appears to require a Verizon subsidiary to provide the NSA with daily information on all telephone calls by its customers within the United States and from foreign locations into the United States.

The order, which was signed by a judge from the secret court that oversees domestic surveillance, was first reported on the Web site of the Guardian newspaper. The Web site reproduced a copy of the order, which two former U.S. officials told The Washington Post appears to be authentic.

Verizon providing all call records to U.S. under court order - The Washington Post

Secret court opinions?!? But…how…that shouldn’t be a thing! What the hell is the NSA doing?

https://www.eff.org/files/NSA_eagle.jpg

Posted about this some time ago, SEVERAL TIMES and nobody seemed to care. If nobody makes any noise, then it shouldn’t be any surprise when the abuse of power happens.

You don’t have the right to know you were wiretapped.
You don’t have the right to sue about the fact you were wiretapped.
Any evidence of you being wiretapped is not admissible in the court of law.
You have NO POWER in regards to anything involving you being spied on by our government.

Don’t like any of the FACTS above? As far as the government is concerned, you can shove it. 4th Amendment? LOL, bush gave that a thrashing, an obama has gladly replaced bush in thrashing it some more. This junk has been going on since at least 2001. Anybody surprised by any of this NOW hasn’t been paying attention. Who’s fault is this?

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

Wanna read more?

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying

Truly, it seem that gay marriage, creationism v. evolution, and trinity teaching are more important subjects than something as minor and inoffensive as mass surveillance.

Every time that someone has come out claiming that the government was doing this they are either labeled as conspiracy nuts or American haters. Then there are some that will claim that this is needed to “protect our freedoms”. That in itself is by far the more ignorant statement that is have ever heard.

This is a pure example of the federal government abusing the power of section 215 in the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act does not allow such a massive oversight into people’s daily lives.

Here’s more on the same subject…I’m not a Verizon customer, thankfully.

NSA seizes phone records of Verizon customers - Washington Times

Those are the ones that only dems and liberals use…

Yep privacy us out the window under Obama. Every time I get one of those privacy statements I tell the person that is giving it to me that it means nothing. Just the other day I read another instance of hospital records being sold so your identity can be compromised.

So here we have the WH aka BO declaring that there’s no eavesdropping going on in this situation… Right. They’re just gathering phone numbers for the heck of it… This guy thinks we’ll believe anything that comes out of his marxist mouth!!

[White House defends NSA collection of Verizon phone records; insists no eavesdropping - Washington Times

A](http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/6/white-house-defends-nsa-collection-verizon-telepho/)lso, I want to know when the “secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court” [FONT=tahoma]​was brought into existence and by whom. I never heard of it…anyone else hear of it? Maybe Wikipedia heard of it…[/FONT]

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:10, topic:39723”]
So here we have the WH aka BO declaring that there’s no eavesdropping going on in this situation… Right. They’re just gathering phone numbers for the heck of it… This guy thinks we’ll believe anything that comes out of his marxist mouth!!

White House defends NSA collection of Verizon phone records; insists no eavesdropping - Washington Times
[/quote]Remember when it took a warrant under Bush but now Obama does not even need that.

I just read on Wikipedia that this group was started in 1978. But here’s the interesting part: ONLY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL can bring a matter to this court. Here it is: " When the Attorney General determines that an emergency exists he may authorize the emergency employment of electronic surveillance before obtaining the necessary authorization from the FISA court, after which the Attorney General or his designee must notify a judge of the court not more than 72 hours after the Attorney General authorizes such surveillance."

So, again we have Mr. Fast and Furious doing his fast and furious and likely illegal machinations to protect his fuhrer.

Yes, all he has to do is wave his “executive order” wand and no one seems to notice or mind…especially the msm.

Lindsey Graham was a critic to the White House’s actions on Benghazi. Just as soon as he takes a step in the right direction, he took two steps in the wrong direction. First, he was a member of the “Gang of 8”. Now, he is glad the NSA is tracking phone calls. Lindsey Graham

COME ON GRAHAM!

He was the governor of Flor-a-duh when I lived there.

If it’s of any value, I and a few others screamed bloody murder against the Patriot Act. One miniscule difference, which is not an endorsement by any means, is that at least the Bush administration was open about it, and the USSC decision made public. It’s not the case now. The decision, worse yet, is sealed. “Inappropriate” doesn’t put a candle in the window of the unConstitutionality of that.

But if anyone thinks it’s only Verizon who’s handing over records, I’ve got lots of spare bridges for sale.

Lindsay Graham has decided, perhaps by McVain himself, that he must wait to see what McVain has to say before speaking from now on. [BOB Graham - a Democrat - was governor of FL from '79 to '87]