Republican Convention, Cruz brings the house down, does not endorse Trump

He still couldn’t do it. Delivered a powerful speech speaking about the virtues of conservatism, but did not go as far as endorsing Trump, lead to some boos from the NY delegates. Is this lack of endorsement going to harm Trumps chances? Cruz is not the usual run-of-the mill establishment politician, he isn’t like Bush or Clinton.

Maybe Cruz doesn’t see Trump as being the winner in November and wants to keep himself in the running for replacement…

Cruz took a pledge … just like all the others who ran!
(They promised to support whichever candidate won)

His word is CR@P!

His career went into the tank tonight!

HOW do you trust a politician who is so willing to break his word in front of millions?

Trump offered him an olive branch and Cruz spat on him!

I was a HUGE Cruz supporter as were millions of others!
No more!

Indeed, he did turn on his word. Rand Paul was asked point blank by Wolf Blitzer last month and he said he took a pledge and he will support whoever the nominee is.

According to CNN Shana Bath, a state donor was so angry at Cruz that he had to be physically restrained as he tried to get at Cruz, and called him a disgrace.

Another interesting oversight by Cruz, he is inherently rejecting Mike Pence, who is a very Conservative candidate who is respected and has done an excellent job in Indiana through low tax, conservative economic policies.

doesn’t matter. Cruz is done. I’ll bet they were ushered out of that venue to their hotel or more likely their plane. Their presence is neither desired or required. It really is such a shame. He had a great future if he’d just played his cards right. WHO is advising this guy. This guy could have been veep with trump and slid right into the presidency. He’ll look back at this and realize just what a stupid move this was. I swear I thought he was smarter than this. political suicide.

Newt did a reasonable job of cleaning up Cruz and his speech, even suggesting that Cruz has basically challenged his supporters to vote for Trump as he is the only candidate who wil defend the constitution.

Pence basically makes Cruz redundant in the party. Obviously it comes down to whether Trump wins or not. If he does, Cruz will have reached his ceiling regardless. If he loses, then you haven’t seen the last of Cruz.

Trump came off as gracious and magnanimous in even allowing Cruz to speak at the convention. Cruz came out and showed why many of even his conservative colleagues can’t stand the son of a bitch.

As a Texan who fears Hillary will win in November, I have to express my anger, disappointment and embarrassment about what Cruz did tonight. A full-throated endorsement would have been nice, but not required. To essentially ignore Trump without a hint of support for him was out of bounds.

People are not going to forget what Cruz did tonight. Many in the party will not trust him. I know I won’t, and I voted for him in the Florida primary. I won’t make that mistake again. When you have the worst major party presidential candidate in history running, Hillary, you don’t play games the way Cruz did tonight. If you dislike Trump that much, you just stay away from the convention.

The only time I have ever seen a worst display was in 1964 when Nelson Rockefeller got up to denounce Berry Goldwater. I was 15 years old at the time. Rockefeller was roundly booed and rightly so. If you disagree with the party nominee that much, you remain quiet or you switch parties. Anything else is counterproductive for yourself and the party.

What gets me SO MAD is Cruz wrote tomorrows headlines for all of the liberal rags and media!:angry:

Wow, it’s almost like if you insult a guy’s wife and father, he might not support you. Who knew?

After 45 years, Cruz’s ***** finally descended.

yes…you have seen the last of cruz. He put his so called principles above the good of the country. Those people last nite tried to get him to do what was right…for the country, for himself and his principles (ego) would not allow it. So. here you are. Beating down trump all the time and we need you to make him president…and now…you need me to save your guy. Now you are in the pickle. Ted broke his pledge. Guess trump had him pegged to rights…lyin’ ted.

[quote=“DHLiberal, post:9, topic:49117”]
Wow, it’s almost like if you insult a guy’s wife and father, he might not support you. Who knew?

After 45 years, Cruz’s ***** finally descended.
[/quote]Exactly.

So, all the Trump folks are sore in the rear today? You actually expected Cruz to endorse the guy who took the campaign personal? He went after Cruz’s dad, and y’all expect an endorsement?

You got your candidate. Congratulations. Be happy with that.

Reagan didn’t endorse Ford either.

I don’t know. I’m kind of two way about it. He stuck by his guns to the end. I kind of admire that in a person & you don’t see that a lot now days. And in politics you almost never see it because politics is basically a dishonest profession. Then on the other hand he basically cut his own throat. That kind of proves that maybe he’s not cut out for politics.
Long ago I was one of those hell no fall on your sword type people. You know, the I’m right about this no matter what happens. Then someone that I respected took me off to the side & explained that even if your right on an issue your going to lose every now & then because people have different perspectives & at least some of those people are going to have the power to over rule you. He told me that you have to pick your battles & understand that there are some battles that you shouldn’t fight if you know from the start your going to lose. There was a lot of wisdom in his words.
I think Cruz didn’t see the big picture. A lot of people tried for the nomination. Trump clearly won so the bottom line is that Trump has the best chance of beating Hillary in the election. And the basic 100% bottom line here is to get someone in the White House that’s a republican. Maybe there are better people suited for the job, I don’t know & that’s a judgement call. But being the best suited for the job isn’t the most important thing. Having a chance to win is much more important. Cruz seems to have somehow missed that.

Brought down the house !! LOL HE Was BOOED out of it! Those folk on that floor tried to help him and he’d have none of it.

Stupid.

His wife was booed off the floor…and rightfully so. Goldman Sachs.

These folk are done. They put their principles (read Ego) above the country, THE COUNTRY has spoken, and he couldn’t handle that. So he bites his own nose off to spite his face. what an idiot.

I see you have already forgotten the myriad of insults thrown by cruz at trump. well. I’m not surprised.

and may I just say. LOCK HER UP< LOCK HER UP.

oh look here. Cruz camp is already trying to place the blame for their YUGE mistake on to the Trump Camp

EXCLUSIVE: Cruz Camp: Trump Campaign Approved Speech, ‘Orchestrated’ RNC Blowback To ‘Make Cruz a Pariah’ | Daily Wire

Cant wait to see how long it takes you trump haters to start spouting this nonsense. Timer’s running.

[quote=“Caroline, post:16, topic:49117”]
oh look here. Cruz camp is already trying to place the blame for their YUGE mistake on to the Trump Camp

EXCLUSIVE: Cruz Camp: Trump Campaign Approved Speech, ‘Orchestrated’ RNC Blowback To ‘Make Cruz a Pariah’ | Daily Wire

Cant wait to see how long it takes you trump haters to start spouting this nonsense. Timer’s running.
[/quote]Makes me all the more to believe that the incidents earlier by Cruz’s people were not mistakes and reflected that Cruz was not to be trusted.

we learned from McCain’s team that the advisors and behind the scene people had their own agendas. THEIR own, not the candidate, not other team members and don’t even think they care about the country. They care about their own power and purse. These people cannot be trusted.

On a lighter note. Peter king is laughing in his Columbian Brew and his eggs benedict this morning. He just watched CRuz commit seppuku.

[quote=“Devilneck, post:12, topic:49117”]
So, all the Trump folks are sore in the rear today? You actually expected Cruz to endorse the guy who took the campaign personal?
[/quote]I never expected Cruz to keep his word and endorse whoever the nominee was. Cruz is a typical politician. Nothing to see here.
A 30 second recap that sums up my negative view of Cruz

Funny video. Still think Cruz is fine, but he's all of the things I always said he was. He's a solid, reliable conservative, and less a creature of Washington than most politicians. However, no more honest or virtuous than anyone else, and extremely petty, well beyond the norm.

Trump did not attack Rand’s wife, Father, Faith and Character either; Rand also has a history of selling out his Principles whenever it is expedient.

Cruz had to choose whether or not to keep his pledge or keep his word regarding every Principle that he believes in up to and including his Marriage vows and respecting his Father and Faith; he chose to break his oath to the GOP.

I doubt Cruz or anyone else thought it was possible for any candidate on that stage to sink to the lows that Trump sank to in the Primary, if they had I doubt that Cruz would have ever taken the oath; he will not make that mistake again.

That does not change the fact that he did take it but the scenario where he had to choose between every important oath he has ever taken and this stupid little trick that was originally designed by the GOP to frustrate Trump was created by Trump; I feel sorry for anyone who thinks Cruz chose the wrong oaths to keep.