Republican Operative New Front Page (Coming Soon!)

Glad it helped solve some confusion, and we’ll be working on ironing out some of the other small user-experience type issues over the next couple of weeks.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:21, topic:44306”]
Glad it helped solve some confusion, and we’ll be working on ironing out some of the other small user-experience type issues over the next couple of weeks.
[/quote]At the risk of pressing my luck and pushing this too far, this: http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f18/bobjam-reported-css-issue-45219/#post678155 is STILL a problem for me.

Interestingly, that dotted line indicating the LAST visited link DOES show up on the “Thanks” page. So whether it’s css, javascript, or JQuery code, you guys DO have it on some pages . . . just not on the “subscribed threads” page, and also in a preview view if I have any links in it.

But, as I said, it DOES show up, curiously, on the Thanks page.

So, and here’s the pushing it maybe too far part, can you guys take a look at this again?

Zedd is looking into it.

`
Here is a tech point that might help some folks who will be posting comments under the
the blog pieces on the new Front Page. It concerns the use of brackets [ … ]

I noticed today (8/22/2014) that when I used [ … ] the software interpreted them
as code … I guess code (?) … anyway whatever I wrote within [ … ] did NOT appear
in the comment.

Solution: So I hit the Edit button and replaced all of these [ … ] with these ( … ) and
then all the texts appeared immediately.

Hope this is helpful.

:diamonds:

Oh my, I haven’t been here in a while. Could I donate on next payday?

Purrs,
Tigger

Tigger: Did you know Jack passed away?

Oh nooooooo! I’m so sorry! What happened?

Ohh mercy, he was such a nice guy.

Unhappy purrs,
Tigger

Oh…I just saw that.

I’m so sorry.

Unhappy purrs,
Tigger

There’s a sticky post about it in the Cigar lounge, and there are a couple of neat blogs, too. RET posted a blog entitled “My Friend Jack” just after we learned that he was in serious trouble health-wise, and BobJam posted one - after he died - entitled “Memories of Jack”. It has links to a lot of Jack’s posts. BobJam, unfortunately, is currently in pretty bad shape - if I remember right, he had a bad fall. Haven’t heard anything about him recently.

Oh, I see. Thank you.

Purrs,
Tigger