Rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula are the fault of the United States?

Some days ago Rodongsinmun, which is North Korea’s official news paper, branded U.S. as a provoker of Korean War which broke out on June 25th 1950. It cites that U.S. carefully worked out a scenario for the Korea War in advance and the mastermind was General Douglas MacAthur. Rodongsinmun also has blamed U.S. as a real criminal of nuclear crisis in Korean Peninsula is United States. Is it true?

[ATTACH]1894[/ATTACH]

North Korea’s U.N. ambassador Sin Son Ho said last Friday “rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula are the fault of the United States” and warned “they could lead to a new war at any moment.” Should we be scared?

On the other hand, North Korea proposed 6-party-talks for solving nuke matters. It is very tricky and nasty. On Thursday South Korean President Park is going to visit China and will have a summit talks with China premier Xi Jinping. Without doubt, the topic will be the denuclearization of North Korea. By the way, ahead of Park’s meeting with Chinese leaders North Korea suddenly sent an envoy to China and timely offered for 6-party-talks. Obviously it is to invent to deflate the surging energy of triangle wave by S.Korea, United States and China.

I think we should never be cheated again by this kind of dirty trick. And this is the reason why President Park’s visit to China is getting attention from international society now.

http://203.236.69.203/jxmail/ko/jsp/mail/readCheck.jsp?read=goleta1@hanmail.net_1372039939911_p0

If North Korea would start treating their own people decently, they wouldn’t have to look for a scapegoat for all their woes.

If North Korea would start treating their people decently they wouldn’t *have *many of their woes.

Some days ago Rodongsinmun, which is North Korea’s official news paper, branded U.S. as a provoker of Korean War which broke out on June 25th 1950. It cites that U.S. carefully worked out a scenario for the Korea War in advance and the mastermind was General Douglas MacAthur. Rodongsinmun also has blamed U.S. as a real criminal of nuclear crisis in Korean Peninsula is United States. Is it true?

I didn’t know we were considering op-eds from the state newspaper of North Korea as anything close to reality or worthy of consideration…

North Korea’s U.N. ambassador Sin Son Ho said last Friday “rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula are the fault of the United States” and warned “they could lead to a new war at any moment.” Should we be scared?

We should not be scared. North Korea has a strong survival instinct and knows that war with the US means death. It doesn’t want war. Even if Kim Jong-un was crazy enough to provoke the US, you still shouldn’t be scared because, honestly, nothing is going to happen to you, and we would defeat North Korea in short order. Our military is notoriously good against state militaries…

Simple propaganda. I hope not too many fall for it.

That twit running NK was nothing but a spoiled brat with very expensive toys, and remains the same twit with very expensive toys; none of which he has a clue how to use.

Nobody’s worried. It’d be silly to bother.

The OP lives in S. Korea - and I believe that his question was rhetorical.
Edit: So, he has far more reason to be concerned about NK than we do.

“Well lets see, we can spend the very small amount of money our country has on expensive toys we can’t actually use, or we can spend that money on feeding our own starving population. Expensive toys it is!” <—Irrefutable logic of the entire Kim family

The OP lives in S. Korea - and I believe that his question was rhetorical.
Edit: So, he has far more reason to be concerned about NK than we do.

Oh, that changes quite a bit. I would always be worried about a psycho neighbor like the DPRK, especially when they have 11,000 artillery pieces, but in the long run they will get away with nothing. ROK and US forces far outmatch the DPRK in terms of technology, training, communications and weaponry. The DPRK knows this, and because of it they won’t start anything major.

From what I have read, the DPRK periodically raises the stakes to try and get concessions out of us, like a baby throwing a tantrum. It either works or it doesn’t, and then they stop. Even right now they are sending an envoy to discuss renewed talks with the ROK, US and China.

Also, are you an expat or native born Korean? Where do you live in South Korea? I normally wouldn’t ask but I love learning about other countries and the people that live in them.