RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to GOP: Don’t go ‘Old Testament’ on gays

Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, issued some words of advice for fellow GOPers: Get in the 21st century with same-sex-marriage issues.

“We do have a platform, and we adhere to that platform,” Mr. Priebus said in a USA Today video. “But it doesn’t mean that we divide and subtract people from our party” who favor gay marriage.“I don’t believe we need to act like Old Testament heretics,” he said in the USA Today video. Rather, Republicans “have to strike a balance between principle and grace and respect.”

Read more: RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to GOP: Don’t go ‘Old Testament’ on gays - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Does Prince Pubis not realize we are going New Testament as well?

See, sometimes I think he’s an alright guy. Other times I’d like to smack the caca out of him. Does he have a day job, or is being a Republican party official his job?

If he gets paid to come up with assenine things to say, I’m sure I could be quite successful in that field.

The biggest victim of the culture wars will be the Republican party.

You’ve got the TENSE wrong. :smiley:

If the GOP came into the 21st century and dropped the “we must legislate morality at all costs” gag, maybe they’d get some of my votes.

It’s the SoCons who are on the right side of this fight, and if the GOP won’t represent us, we’ll find a new party.

[quote=“Lord_Brennus, post:6, topic:38851”]
It’s the SoCons who are on the right side of this fight, and if the GOP won’t represent us, we’ll find a new party.
[/quote] The GOP is distancing itself from the SoCons because if they don’t they’ll be going the way of the Whig party.

If the DNC dropped the we-must-legislate-immorality-at-all-costs gag (with a steam shovel), maybe they’d get my vote…

SoCons keep threatening to leave, but nothing ever happens. What’s keeping you guys???

how many times do you get to vote in Chicago?

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:10, topic:38851”]
how many times do you get to vote in Chicago?
[/quote] Good one!

I guess it depends on who you are. If you are a Republican, you may get lucky to vote even once, because a democrat may have already voted in your place. But if you’re dead, there is probably no limit to how many times you can vote.