Roger Ailes To Help Trump??

The New York Times is reporting a story originally hinted at by Donald Trump during a recent interview - According to the Times, Roger Ailes has been brought in by the Trump campaign to assist Trump in prepping for his debates with Hillary Clinton.

IF THIS PROVES TRUE - IF, and I have yet to read a denial - it is hard to imagine a better indication of just how politically bat-sh*t bankrupt Trump, his handlers and his campaign really are.

Women - professional women with reputations on the line - have come out in significant numbers charging sexual harassment by Roger Ailes during his years as head of FOX NEWS - it’s why Ailes was shown the door at FOX last month by Rupert Murdoch - and Trump and his team thinks there is value in bringing Ailes in to prepare Trump for his debates with Clinton??

Again, I have NOT seen independent confirmation of this. However, if it is true, this race is finished.

Hell, if the Times story is true, Hillary could probably win this election while behind bars or out on bail.

Interesting take on it. General Grant was a drunkard, yet he still won the civil war. People can have flaws in one area of their lives & yet excel in other areas. Take Hillary for example. She can’t tell the truth but I bet she would make a great door stop.

A flaw?? A flaw?? Well, I guess idiocy could be considered a flaw. And, if one is seeking the presidency, I think a fatal one.

I don’t buy the charges against Ailes for a minute. ONE woman came forward; a loose cannon who has shown what she is on social media. Who is ideologically opposed to Ailes. Who, given the circumstances - Rupert retiring; his left-wing kids taking key positions of power; and Ailes’ own age - given that, the claim smells more of a rush job to remove Roger than it does of real harm

It was followed, after a LONG delay, by one other. There’s always going to be opportunists trying to shake the money tree. A woman doesn’t need to soul-search to find harassment. It’s there or it’s not. That is, she FELT it was harassment (since it’s nebulous and subjective) or not. Waiting like this…is like a supposed rape victim waiting to see if the check bounces before filing charges.

I don’t think Ailes is gonna do any good getting in bed with that den of vipers. He’d have been good from the start, crafting a solid message - but what Ailes and media types sell, is IMAGE. We’ve already had a peek into the dim, dank brain-case that is Donnie’s head. Putting a new veneer on a known product is just a waste.

This is closing the barn door after the horses have bolted.

I agree with JPT. This sounds more like damage control and image (re)branding than actual advice. Trump needs all the help he can get if he actually wants to win.

I have not heard any accusations against Ailes of sexual harassment, I have heard a few Leftist women claim that he said some things that are not sexual harassment and then try to claim that these statements were sexual harassment; so what?

Ailes will not go on an apology tour just like Trump does not apologize, and for the same reason; neither fears what the media says as long as they do not treat the media as credible.

I do think Ailes is a bad idea for a debate coach though, I have seen nothing in his storied career to suggest that he is qualified or adept at engaging in one on one debate; this just looks like one more example of Trump making poor decisions on who to surround himself with to help him achieve his goals.

A Trump Cabinet will look like something in a Monty Python movie.

RET - you have to be kidding. You haven’t heard? You don’t know what happened behind closed doors with these women anymore than I do. “Left wing women”? He won’t apologize. None of these women were asking for an apology.

The fact is, a number of women who had and are (were) woking for him stepped forward with allegations of inappropriate sexual remarks/comments/advances. He denied these allegations and then left FOX NEWS with a $40 million buyout.

Is he guilty? Who knows, but there were occasional rumblings about his behavior for years. Thus far, more than 20 women have come forward.

"JustPassinThru; I don’t buy the charges against Ailes for a minute. ONE woman came forward; a loose cannon who has shown what she is on social media. Who is ideologically opposed to Ailes. Who, given the circumstances - Rupert retiring; his left-wing kids taking key positions of power; and Ailes’ own age - given that, the claim smells more of a rush job to remove Roger than it does of real harm

It was followed, after a LONG delay, by one other. There’s always going to be opportunists trying to shake the money tree. A woman doesn’t need to soul-search to find harassment. It’s there or it’s not. That is, she FELT it was harassment (since it’s nebulous and subjective) or not. Waiting like this…is like a supposed rape victim waiting to see if the check bounces before filing charges."

One woman came forward? Actually, more than 20 women, including some who were working for him, have stepped forth and claimed unwanted sexual advances by Ailes over the years. This list included a former Republican committee employee, a FOX producer, Megyn Kelly, Andrea Tantaros, Gretchen Carlson, etc., etc.

Ailes ran a Right-wing operation so he must be “clean” and his accusers must be Lefties.

Some on this cite are every bit as delusional as those on the Left.

The money stampede.

This after, probably, lots of solicitation and arm-twisting in the breakroom.

Perhaps by management itself, now that the kids run things and they threw Roger out.

Initial reports to this were a whole lotta jaw-dropping. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire; but where there’s NO smoke, and someone yells fire…it takes awhile for someone to GET the fire going.

Mike, I have heard each Ailes accuser recite what he said to them, what they recited is NOT sexual harassment; if you are saying that Ailes accusers are lying to protect Ailes then I think that is ridiculous.

These are bitter complaining women who used their looks as a career booster then got mad when they found out they still had to pull ratings to be secure; each of them would prefer a Liberal network that ignores the ratings and better fits their Leftist Ideology.

Accusers lying to protect Ailes? I’m not saying that at all, RET. When you have 20+ women coming forward, well - think Bill Cosby.

“Coming forward” with what exactly? Nothing I have heard them claim is sexual harassment, if one or more has made a claim that would justify such a charge I would like to see it.

Are these women right wingers or are they leftists. LEftist women are up for this. EVERY alleged rw woman o Fox whose left for another left wing news source has eventually shown her true colors. IF ‘he looked at me wrong’, ‘I didn’t like the hug’, ‘he called me sugar britches’ is the only thing they got then i’m thinking this is a put up job. NOT ONCE so far has anyone claimed that he actually touched them or Said lets hit the sack. 20 years…it’s taken 20 years? They didn’t get all upset over this till now? well…isn’t that…convenient?

I suggest you do some research involving the specific allegations if some of you are truly interested. It is pretty easy to find information on the allegations and many of the women making them.

Unwanted sexual advances happen behind closed doors. That makes corroborating the alleged event or defending the alleged perp very difficult. Caroline - it is not necessary to make physical contact to produce an unwanted sexual advance.

I know it is easy to view everything through the lens of politics, but folks - as Freud said, “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

I am a woman. THESE are supposed to be strong women. YOU can shut that down. These women are not victims. They’re coming off as the predator with a POLITICAL. AGENDA. The left introduces the scam and eventually the right takes it on. Look at how the repubs are now as guilty as the left of corruption, lying and double dealing. See how easy that is?

I thought that Gretchen Carlson was making a mistake when she left the Fox morning show to start her own show in the afternoon. I don’t know if it was a mandatory move or not, but starting a new show at a “dead time,” like weekdays at 1 PM, looked like a risky move to me. Now that the show has failed to gain decent ratings, she is bring up these allegations.

I’m just an old retired guy who never got above middle management in the corporate world and owned a small business. To me fooling with women who are young enough to be your daughter or your grand daughter is just plain stupid. The only interest they have in you is money if you have any. Otherwise they must have an Oedipus complex, which means they might have other screws that are lose. Fooling around with women when you are married is one of the dumbest things a man can, especially the women at work.

The one big historical example of where a relationship like that worked was President Grover Cleveland and his wife, Frances Folsom. When they go married, in the White House, he was 48 and she was 21. To make the story juicier, he had been her legal guardian when she was baby. In fact he bought her first baby carriage. That marriage lasted until Cleveland died, and she was a major political asset for him. The American people adored her.

To add to that…as we get older, the fires are banked.

There isn’t the drive to DO that sort of nonsense. Even if the basic ability remains, the urge to do it is…tempered. Not really worth a lot of struggle.

Of course there’s exceptions. The most obvious are those man-children who HAVE no other identity. They keep on pretending, scared to death (poor metaphor?) of growing old. Billy-Jeff is probably the best example of this, although I doubt he’s much danger to any young damsel at this point.

Ailes did not have a reputation as a cocksman. He didn’t chase young staffers around the desk; and now he’s not only old, he’s very old for his age. Old, sick, tired men don’t waste time pursuing sex. They may try to flirt a bit; but as RET indicated, that’s hardly a crime and only sexual harassment if you want to forbid any kind of normal social behavior; if you want paramilitary discipline at all times in the workplace.

This is IMHO completely trumped up. And it’s indicative of the depth of the cultural rot that even FNC has it running through and through.

I’m pushing 75 pretty hard and have been happily married for over 50 years now, but I enjoy (sort of) flirting with pretty girls–with the strict understanding that nothing will ever go beyond mildly flirtatious behavior. My volunteer work at the airport includes my providing candy for kids coming through. When I realized that a lot of adults also wanted candy, I started bringing more adult sorts such as Hershey’s kisses or soft peppermints. The first time an attractive woman came to my desk to ask directions, I smiled and asked her, “First, how about a kiss?” The look on her face was priceless when I handed her a foil-wrapped Hershey’s kiss!

I find there is nothing wrong with being jokingly flirtatious. Most people, with a brain, knows when it is serious and when it is not. I use it in my job as well. It is a great way to break the ice and not to seem like a robot behind a desk.

Now THAT is cute. but don’t you dare try that with a Rosie O’Donnell.