Romanian hacker with access to Clinton emails found dead in jail cell

Christian Times Newspaper has learned that Guccifer, the Romanian hacker currently being held on charges for hacking Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, has been found in his Virginia jail cell, dead of an apparent suicide.
Guccifer, also known as Marcel Lazar Lehel, was extradited to the United States to face charges after openly admitting to repeatedly hacking Hillary Clinton’s email server. This claim occurred in the midst of an FBI probe that was concluded this morning by Director Comey.

Lehel claimed that the server was “like an open orchid on the Internet” and that it “was easy … easy for me, for everybody.”

BREAKING: Romanian hacker with access to Clinton emails found dead in jail cell | Christian Times Newspaper

Any thoughts?

:rofl: Guess Hillary didn’t want any loose ends. Guess she doesn’t understand that with the internet that a copy of those emails could be anywhere with anyone.

:banghead: That report is false. And the “source”, the “Christian Times Newspaper”, has a front page “story” that Obama had cancelled all 4th of July fireworks displays across the US. Whether conspiracy-theorist or Christian-mocking troll, it’s not credible. :banghead:

There’s a reason election season is called the “Silly Season”. If some “news” report sounds “too perfect” it probably is. Please fact-check “perfect gotchas” before posting them, whether here, FB, or some other discussion forum (not even DU, however entertaining you think it might be).

How did you find out it was false? Not questioning your integrity, just curious.

However the report in Snopesalso says that the author of the claim that the story is false is unreliable.

Dave, some one is playing Rs’ and conservatives’ loathing for The SHREW and William the Incompetent. The loathing is well earned, but don’t believe this story until something better than a conspiracy/troll site reports his funeral or the repatriation of his body.

A FB friend - some one known to Dave, BTW, though Dave may not have seen that post - posted the story on FB. Immediately below that post was “related stories”, with the Snopes webpage as the first link. I know Snopes isn’t non-partisan, but I checked it out, and looked around more than that. Just Google “Guccifer dead”.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not claiming that the original story is TRUE…just that the person who wrote the Snopes article is a known liar and has posted phony stories before. If I remember correctly, the comments about her included a claim that the only reason she has a job at Snopes is because of some unilateral Obama “Executive Order.”

I looked it up on Snopes, too. It confirmed what you said. There’s so much nonsense going on today with the internet that you just can’t believe statements at face value.

I have used SNOPES for years and what I have found is that SNOPES will OMIT and DISTORT, I have found on more than one occasion there report is so fuzzy that it can neither be trusted or relied upon.

I have been on the net since 1978 or so when it was nothing but a bunch of us engineerings working in R&D in the military, if its on the internet I can prob find it and if I post it, you can bet I have confirmed with min of 3 LEGIT sources. SNOPES, WIKIPEDIA are quasi-legit sources, albeit Wiki has really upped their game. At one time I would not link them at all, today I will…if I can confirm.

Wiki is just as bad…if not worse. ANYONE can post anything they want and wiki treats it all as “fact.” I wouldn’t trust either Snopes OR Wikipedia to explain why the sky is blue.

I just read that Obama claims he went back in time and was the actual author of the second amendment! :beerchug:

Of course, I might have just made that up!

[quote=“Enki, post:13, topic:49017”]
Of course, I might have just made that up!
[/quote]No way-- I believe it:slayer:Since you are new I will tell you that was sarcasm. I do not always label it and older members realize that when I do it.

I figured it out, and I was just playing around with my dumb remark!