Ron Paul: Stocks Can't be Detached From Monetary Policy - Fox News 10/19/2012

Even if you don’t like or agree with Ron Paul, his economic policy is by far one of the most truly fiscally conservative in the GOP and he has been absolutely right about the economic crisis. He called the housing bubble out back in 2002. He makes a very good point about the stock market in this interview with Cavuto.

Everybody knew about the housing bubble long before it burst.

Interesting that it affected us so much then…

Oh really? Is that why people kept borrowing, building houses, and expecting their value to keep going up? Is that why Bernanke even in mid-2007 said there was no housing bubble?

Since when does simply knowing about something keep it from affecting you? Knowing about it, and being able to do something about it are two entirely different things. Bush tried to do something about it, but got shouted down.

I knew about the housing bubble well before it burst. I worked in home construction, it was impossible to miss it. I kept wondering, “Who the hell is buying all these houses? Where are they getting the money?” I didn’t understand the *nature *of the bubble (it was, in point of fact, nothing more than a “boilerplate” scam of staggering proportions and unprecedented success) and I didn’t know the bust would be this devastating. I thought I had salted away enough to tide me over the bust… har har :frowning:

This housing bubble was forcast but because the democratic congress placed Barney Sweetcakes Franks In the banking position , He and Dodd placed pressure on the Fanny mae and Freddy mack to issue unstructured loads to the less fortunate and disenfranchised for the sake of letting the poor have ownership, the forcast bubble continued to grow until the collapse occured. The media could NEVER blame a democrat, so Bush got the short end of the stick. It was all the democrat largess in the form of Frank/Dodd.
As to the stock market being attached to the monetary policies? the stock market is a reactionary unit of minor partners in businesses. This IS the group Obama wants to go after. Tax the willies out of them. Cannot have folks making money Obama cannot spend.

Holy crap…Do you not know anything unless Paul said it??? Cause I have to tell you this. It was known for awhile that the bubble would not last to most thinking people. Goodness, Paul worship is bizarre.

It pales in comparison to party worship.

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:9, topic:36670”]
It pales in comparison to party worship.
[/quote] Your in a forum called republican operative how are you surprised to run into republicans? Now just cause I dont stand in Awe of the crazy old man doesn’t mean I am into party worship it just means I have a brain.

I didn’t say anything about running into Republicans. Sure, it’s expected to run into them on a Republican forum. However, there are many Republicans who are Americans, conservatives, patriots, and many other things before Republicans. In other words, they even say they have more loyalty to these other things before the Republican party, but they are still Republicans. My comment was in reference to those who support the party no matter what.

There is nothing wrong with crediting the source. What if people cited Paul saying this, while they were not necessarily a Paul supporter?

Dunno who you are referring to as “party worshipers,” but the only ones I know of have a “D” on their party registration.

Yeah, sure. Don’t get me wrong, they are probably worse, but the Republicans also have their fair share of party loyalists no matter what.

And the number of Ron Paul worshipers are even greater % wise.

[quote=“Susanna, post:15, topic:36670”]
And the number of Ron Paul worshipers are even greater % wise.
[/quote] Amazing how Paulbots project huh?

Once again, his points about monetary policy go straight over everybody’s head.

Right now the stock market and corporate profits is being HEAVILY inflated above normal values, and a very large correction is going to be coming. It is all due to the cheap money from the Fed, which has made the profits decouple from their true values, and this can be measured if you look at just about any commodity.

Aside from that, we also have a bond bubble being helped along by the Fed’s debt purchases, as well as them trying to raise housing prices higher, essentially trying to create a new housing bubble.

No it isn’t.

I really enjoy the recreation of the past that so typical with conservatives. ForTunately in this electronic society the amount of ignorance that the mainstream media exHibited in terms of the housing bubble is well documented. Here is just one video.

Peter Schiff was right 2006-2007 - CNBC edition - YouTube

[quote=“njc17, post:7, topic:36670”]
This housing bubble was forcast but because the democratic congress placed Barney Sweetcakes Franks In the banking position , He and Dodd placed pressure on the Fanny mae and Freddy mack to issue unstructured loads to the less fortunate and disenfranchised for the sake of letting the poor have ownership, the forcast bubble continued to grow until the collapse occured. The media could NEVER blame a democrat, so Bush got the short end of the stick. It was all the democrat largess in the form of Frank/Dodd. As to the stock market being attached to the monetary policies? the stock market is a reactionary unit of minor partners in businesses. This IS the group Obama wants to go after. Tax the willies out of them. Cannot have folks making money Obama cannot spend.
[/quote]When you say “democrat congress” do you mean the House of Representatives controlled by the Republican Part from 1997-2007? Or the Senate controlled by the Republican Party from 1995-2001 and 2003-2007?