Rotherham: A Quintessentially Liberal Scandal

Rotherham: A Quintessentially Liberal Scandal
by MIKE MCNALLY

2014/08/30

Imagine that in some Middle Eastern or African country 1,400 girls, some as young as 11, are abducted, gang-raped, beaten, threatened with death and trafficked by a Muslim gang. Some are doused with petrol, and threatened with being burned to death if they try to escape or tell anyone about their ordeal. They have been targeted because they are members of a different ethnic or religious group.

You don’t have to imagine the outcry that would ensue, because something similar to what I describe above (with the possible exception of the petrol dousing) happened only recently, when hundreds of schoolgirls were kidnapped by the Islamist Boko Haram group in Nigeria. The international outrage was unanimous …

In the last few days we’ve learned that something of only a slightly lesser order of magnitude happened not in Africa but in Rotherham, a former steel and mill town in the north of England. The abuse continued for 16 years, and the perpetrators were not some elusive and heavily armed terrorist group who threatened to kill their victims at the first sign of a rescue attempt, but ordinary members of the local Muslim community.

Ending the girls’ ordeal should have been a relatively simple and risk-free matter. But not only did the authorities fail to stop the abuse and prosecute the offenders, they didn’t even try. They ignored pleas for help from the young victims and their families, and covered up their failure to act; and for good measure they arrested some of the victims and their families when they sought help.

It’s hard for me, at this moment, to form a better summation/comment than this sentence from the article, “In every case the same explanation for official inaction is offered: no one wanted to look too closely into complaints against “Asian” men because they were afraid of being accused of racism …”. Lest anyone think this intimidation is peculiar to England, how many times have we here in the US heard accusations of “Islamophobia”?!

Robert Stacy McCain has more info on this situation, including quite a few quotes from the official report from the investigation.

This is what the accusation of “racism” has done to the world. I said that people would rather walk bare-footed through a river of moving lava than to be accused of racism. Political correctness is EVIL and has produced much of the idiocy we see and experience every day in the U.S. It needs to be rooted out and burned. The thought police are armed, ready, and waiting to arrest their first criminals.

The reason is the lack of principles on the part of those accused with the racism monicker, instead of throwing it back in the face of Racist scum like Obama, Holder, Sharpton and the rest we shake like cowards in fear of being called the name.

The wicked flee when nobody is chasing them

I do not fear anybody, anywhere calling me a “Racist”, since I am not a Racist the moment the accusation is made will contain evidence that the accuser is the real Racist and I berate them without mercy for that. I NEVER defend myself since I NEVER have a reason to defend myself against this charge, just as most Conservative politicians who get accused of Racism have done nothing to be defensive about.

But they flee anyway, that tells me a lot about their character so I shake their dust from my feet and move on.

This PC crap will end the moment we make the censorship crowd as uncomfortable for making these false accusations as they have made us with their accusations, they should be the ones looking around to read the room before they speak their lies out of fear of getting a tongue lashing.

[quote=“RET423, post:4, topic:44524”]

the moment the accusation is made will contain evidence that the accuser is the real Racist
[/quote]:yeahthat:

We seem to think we have to walk on eggshells lest we be accused of racism; and we never know what will trigger it. Often it is something that cannot possible have anything to do with race - maybe we just disagreed with the wrong person. I believe in being sensitive to other people’s feelings, but I don’t believe that we should let them walk all over us just because they see themselves as victims - or, perhaps in many cases, want an excuse to attack us.

The plot thickens a little:

Rotherham Whistleblower Reportedly Threatened by Police, ‘Feared for Life’
By Ian Tuttle
nationalreview.com/corner
September 12, 2014 6:17 PM

Further inquiry into events in Rotherham is revealing the degree of corruption that facilitated two decades of child sexual exploitation in the central England town. A Home Office researcher who says her report into the widespread abuse in the early 2000s was suppressed now says, according to the Sheffield Telegraph, that she was also the victim of threats from police officers aware of her investigation.

The researcher, who has not been identified in media reports, testified in private before the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee on Thursday. Conservative Member of Parliament Nicola Blackwood told reporters:

[quote]The researcher told us she was threatened in her car at night by two police officers.

“They said wouldn’t it be a bad thing if some of those men found out where she lived. She feared for her life.”
[/quote]

Sounds like some of the police were on the take! This adds to, rather than negates, the fear on the part of some officials of being accused of racism if they investigated/prosecuted this years-long case. IOW, it broadens rather than shifts the context.