Rubio Gives Up on the Senate

He has missed more votes than any of the other Senators. He needs to win his home state of Florida; this isn’t going to sit well with his constituents. I voted him in as Senator and he has been nothing but a disappointment and I certainly will not vote for him in the GOP primary.
Rubio gives up on Senate: ‘He hates it’
Marco Rubio is a U.S. senator. And he just can’t stand it anymore.
“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”
This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust.
“That’s why I’m missing votes. Because I am leaving the Senate. I am not running for reelection,” Rubio said in the last Republican debate, after Donald Trump had mocked him for his unusual number of absences during Senate votes.
Five years ago, Rubio arrived with a potential that thrilled Republicans. He was young, ambitious, charismatic, fluent in English and Spanish, and beloved by the establishment and the tea party. …

…Rubio must convince voters that his decision to leave the Senate — giving up the power he already has — is actually a mark of character, a sign that he is too dedicated to public service to stay…

Ted Cruz 2016. Reigniting the Promise of AMERICA!!!

Rubio is a snake. If it weren’t for Palin’s support, he would not have been elected. After being elected, he wouldn’t have anything to do with her.

I like Rubio. We’ll see a lot more of him in the future.

This is a really smart political move on Rubio’s part. A one term senator leaving Washington in disgust. This is close to being an Washington outsider as he can come and he realizes that an Washington outsider is probably going to be the nominee. He will stress this theme in the next debate. He goes up (just a little bit) in my estimation for not being a total political moron.

It still doesn’t change the fact that he’s a backstabbing snake that got rolled by Schumer on immigration.

I won’t vote for him in the primary and it is borderline if I would vote for him in the general election. I was just pointing out that it was a smart political move on his part.

I think this is going to hurt him and cost him the election quite frankly. First of all, it is a FACT that he has the worst participation and voting record of any other Senator. Secondly, he was elected to office under his promise of being against illegal immigration. He soon after flip-flopped on that issue and in fact became a member of the pro-amnesty “Gang of Eight”.

He is now bailing on the very people that elected him. He admitted to having a poor voting record and made the comment that in essence the vote didn’t matter anyways, because it would be vetoed! What? What a crock of crap! Levin even made reference to Rubio’s ridiculous excuse. He is not to smart for someone who needs to take his home state.

IMHO he won’t win Florida nor will he get the GOP nod. I reside in Florida and I will definitely NOT vote for him again. To say the least, he has been a tremendous disappointment.

Backstabbing? His views on immigration are pretty much in line with everyone running, except for Trump.

Since Palin is a flake, I can’t blame him. But nor would I vote for him.

That makes no logical sense. If Palin was such a “flake” as you claim, then her support would not have brought Rubio anywhere near a chance at winning.

However, since you seem to think that it’s acceptable to backstab a person that is almost single-handedly responsible for your success, you should be glad that you have a level of anonymity on such forums. If I were to know you personally, I would not have anything to do with you since you would throw anyone that helps you under the bus.

So he’s just going to let some Democrat have his Senate seat because of a temper tantrum from not being able to win the presidency?

I don’t see how. The guy has pissed away his political career.

At least Jeb had enough political ambition to run for a second term of Governor. Afterwards, he was honest enough to admit that he had had enough of politics. He didn’t run for anything else and I admired him for that.

If Rubio gives up his Senate seat and some Democrat gets it, Rubio is a traitor to the state of Florida. He might as well stay out.

Palin fake? She is more honest than all of the democrats.

I believe the word was “flake,” not “fake.” Even so . . .

You like quitters?

No, it wasn’t, as he’s already a political insider - and then some - so this move could only be seen as a transparent ruse. A very pathetic one, at that.

His remarks also make him sound power hungry. ‘I couldn’t get anything done as a Senator, so maybe being President will fix that.’

He’s a quitter, and who wants a president who quits? Obama voters?

Except Obama has NOT “quit”…at least since his coronation. He’s jammed through, by hook or by crook, everything he’s wanted except gun confiscation…so far.