Rules for thee

3 Likes

Another example …

When people demonstrated outside the Michigan State Capitol, it was a “super spreader event.”

When thugs rioted and burned businesses, or when Black Lives Matter protesters marched, it was “a civil rights event” protected under the law.

Democrats are a special class of people. They can do anything they want, but have the “right” to forbid others from doing what they do themselves have done.

2 Likes

They were “mostly peaceful” protests. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes. They were. It’s only when Trump supporters protest that you get a body count bigger than Benghazi.

Now to address why this op is hyper partisan crap;

• Firstly, all guests have to be vaccinated and submit documentation proving this before arriving.
  • There is a Covid co-ordinator (stupid name I know) ensuring everyone behaves responsibly and not like they’re at a Trump rally in Tulsa.
  • Martha’s Vineyard does not qualify as an area of “substantially-high” risk, which was the target of the CDC recommendations.

So saying there’s a double standard here is blatantly dishonest.

What planet do you live on?

1 Like

4 Americans died at the American embassy in Benghazi. 5 died at the Jan 6 insurrection. last time I checked 5 is a bigger number than 4.

Ashli Babbitt, 35, died by homicide from a gunshot to the left shoulder. She was shot by a Capitol police officer while trying to climb through a door near the House chamber.

Kevin Greeson, 55, died of natural causes from cardiovascular disease. Greeson, of Athens, Alabama, had a Twitter account in which he supported former President Donald Trump and profanely denounced his opponents.

Benjamin Phillips, 50, died of natural causes from cardiovascular disease. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Phillips of Ringtown, Pennsylvania, was a computer programmer who founded a social media website for Trump supporters. He had organized a trip of several dozen people to the district.

Roseanne Boyland, 34, died by accident from acute amphetamine intoxication. Boyland, of Georgia, wanted to be a sobriety counselor and followed QAnon conspiracies, her family said.

Hm. #5’s information isn’t being released.

ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, the researchers concluded. ACLED’s dataset only focuses on political violence."

Dozens of deaths carried out in the vicinity. Oh that’s funny. So these crimes would have been committed with or without the protests. Ok. Sure. Just like any crimes committed with a gun would have been committed without a gun I guess.

2 Likes

Insurrection? Trump supporters at the 1/6 99% peaceful protest own more guns than Steinmeyer has beans … they left them at home. ZERO firearms indictments. ZERO insurrection indictments … a few misdemeanors. Absurd on its face.

2 Likes

So please fill me in on all the Trump supporters violently murdering people. I’d really like to know because I didn’t know this happened. Perhaps it’s the right-wing media pulling the wool over my eyes. Please help me I want to see.

2 Likes

The Trump supporters should have never broken into the Capitol, and Trump should have licked his wounds and started planning for 2024 a week after the election. Having said that, “the Capitol Riot” was a walk in the park compared to what ANTFA, Black Lives Matter and the rest of rioters and looters had been up to all summer.

Sadly, January 6 has given Pelosi, and the rest of the left-wing dictator want-a-bees, an excuse to harp upon for years. After a while, only the true believers will be interested, but it will make for a good cover while the Democrats pass draconian spending, tax and election laws.

The spending and tax laws will ruin the Democrat Party brand. No one will be pleased with massive inflation, lower wages and a lower standard of living.

The election laws will keep the Democrats in power. Pelosi should be comparing notes with Nickolas Madero, the Dictator of Venezuela. She and old Nick have a lot in common.

Schumer is learning from the Pelosi model. Years ago, he was your average run of the mill hack politician who was willing to cut deals. Now he’s learning how to be a dictator.

Except the democrats. I’ve never seen a democrat admit any sort of wrong doing or mistake. When the laser beam of the media focuses on them, they quickly shift blame and then wait for the storm to blow over, which it inevitably does. Anyway. As long as there isn’t a Republican in office, the left will accept any collateral damage that comes with it, and studiously ignore it.

20 years from now they’ll be sitting around campfires cooking canned food because there will be no other alternative, and they’ll be complaining about the Trump days.

Bullcrap!

2 Likes

FIFY

Joe 6-pack, traditional democrat voter, is not pleased with massive inflation, lower wages and a lower standard of living.