Sarah Brightman: Beautiful and Amazingly Talented

In getting to know the beautiful and amazingly talented Sarah Brightman
we can start with listening to her sing There You’ll Be in duet with Alessandro Safini.

There You’ll Be is one of the most beautiful love
songs ever written.

It was sung by Faith Hill and released as a single in 2001:

But you have never heard this song until you hear
Sarah Brightman and Alessandro Safini sing it to each
other.

The most beautiful version of this song ever recorded
was sung in Italian in a beautiful truly magnificient church in
Vienna by Sarah Brightman and Alessandro Safini. The Italian
translation of There You’ll Be is Sarai Qui.

Here is Sarai Qui:
YouTube - Sarah Brightman symphony Alessandro Safina

If you desire to hear the song in English:
Here is Sarah Brightman singing Sarai Qui ( There You’ll Be) in English.
YouTube - There You’ll be (Live @ National Memorial Day Concert)
(You must wait a few seconds for her to come on, she starts singing at 1:20 )

Here are the lyrics to There You’ll Be:

"There You’ll Be"

When I think back
On these times
And the dreams
We left behind
I’ll be glad 'cause
I was blessed to get
To have you in my life
When I look back
On these days
I’ll look and see your face
You were right there for me

[Chorus:]
In my dreams
I’ll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life
I’ll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be

Well you showed me
How it feels
To feel the sky
Within my reach
And I always
Will remember all
The strength you
Gave to me
Your love made me
Make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you

[Repeat chorus]

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you
Now for all the ways
For always

[Chorus:]
In my dreams
I’ll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life
I’ll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be
And everywhere I am
There you’ll be
There you’ll be

Here is Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman singing Canto Della Terra. (Prepare to be emotionally moved.)

English translation of the lyrics of Canto Della Terra
as sung by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.

Canto Della Terra
“Song about the Earth”

Yes I know
My love, that you and I
Are together briefly
For just a few moments
In silence
As we look out of our windows
And listen
To the sky
And to a world
That’s awakening
And the night is already far away
Already, far away

Look at this world
Spinning with us
Even in the dark
Look at this world
Spinning for us
Giving us hope and some
Sun, sun sun

My love, you are you my love
I hear your voice,
And I listen to the sea.
It sounds just like your breathing
And all the love you want to give me
This love
That is there, hidden
Hidden among the waves
All the waves in the world
Just like a boat that…

Look at this world
Spinning with us
Even in the dark
Look at this world
Spinning for us
Giving us hope,
And some sun, sun, sun,
Some sun, sun, sun.

Look at this world
Spinning with us
Giving us some sun,
Mighty sun
Mighty sun
Mighty sun

That Andrea Bocelli guy is good. I saw his Christmas special: Good stuff.

Thanks CC, I like him a lot too. I am starting to build a sizable collection of music by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.

I am even getting into some very good music by Jose Carreras, Placido Domingo, and Luciano Pavarotti. I came across this song on YouTube and was hooked almost immediately.

See how you like this one:
(kick your speakers up so you can feel the emotion in the tenor voice)
YouTube - Pavarotti Domingo Carreras - Happy Christmas/War Is Over

(Note: I have little use for Lennon, but I love to hear these cats sing Happy Christmas)

Cheers.

Here is Sarah Brightman and Alessandro Safini singing Canto Della Terra inside that beautiful Christian Church in Vienna.

The English translation of Canto Della Terra can be found up-thread.

At the risk of straying a bit from Ms. Brightman…here’s my favorite Bocelli song…about Enrico Caruso

<iframe title=“YouTube video player” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/v9NYZQ5bh0c” allowfullscreen="" width=“480” frameborder=“0” height=“390”></iframe>

More about the song and the lyrics and Enrico Caruso here: Caruso (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He has more impressive songs…but none that tell such a story and with such emotion IMHO.

Hello Cam,
Anything with Andrea Bocelli is well worth posting here, thanks.

Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli often sing together and go together like hand and glove.

Caruso was a beautiful song, it was the first time I had heard it, though I had spotted it previously in the YouTube lists.

I enjoyed reading your linked wiki write-up, thanks for that. Caruso’s life was somewhat sad of course, alas it seems that historywide many highly gifted people have had lives plagued by one weakness or another. I’m not making excuses for them, merely pointing out that they appear unusually addicted, for instance to serial “relationships” and not just with their unmarried fellow citizens either, to give just one example. Grin

Cheers.

Btw, welcome to RO. You’re on the very best posting board on the web. A lot of very good folks here, salt of the earth human beings. Invite your friends over, if you will :smile:.

And I do believe that your avatar pictures the distinguished gentlemen that founded the distinguished flagship of the Conservative Movement: National Review. Mr. Willian Frank Buckley, I believe. :biggrin:

Here is another absolutely beautiful and moving song:
YouTube - I Will Be With You by Sarah Brightman with Chris Thompson

Its Sarah Brightman singing I Will Be With You in duet with Chris Thompson. The location is a beautiful Christian Church in Vienna.

Here is the link again:
YouTube - I Will Be With You by Sarah Brightman with Chris Thompson

Btw, the Sarah Brightman song linked above I Will Be With You and her songs: Canto Della Terra and Sarai Qui (There You’ll Be) both embeded up-thread and both sung in duet with Alessandro Safini is from the DVD titled:
Sarah Brightman Symphony: Live In Vienna (CD & DVD) Amaray 2009, and can be ordered from Amazon.com brand new. They have 22 new DVDs from $12.74 as of 3/30/2011. ** ( Notice this item comes with the DVD and a CD.)**

(Note: I have had exceptional service from the Amazon.com seller Movie Mars and they have an excellent rating at Amazon.com also. They have this item for $12.74 plus $2.98 Shipping. I have ordered well over 30 DVDs, movies and music, from Movie Mars and got every item right on time and in perfect condition.)

Amazon.com: Symphony: Live in Vienna (CD & DVD) [Amaray]: Sarah Brightman: Movies & TV

Thanks for the welcome Jack… yes indeed WFB is my “mentor”… brilliant man and a great sailor too! If you are only familiar with his political works… a sample from his sailing logs…memorialized in 3 books!

"“…the ketch battled twenty-foot waves and winds reaching 76 knots…The mainsail tore loose from its mast and had to be reeled in. The dinghy broke loose as lines whipped about the deck. During all this, I put life and limb at risk scampering perilously from stem to stern, fastening the rigging and wrestling with a temperamental mainsail. One would think at least one, just one of my five companions would be stirred to action but lo, they remained uselessly huddled below deck, fretting and praying for their scarcely-formed lives. Yes, I took – and take – full responsibility as the captain in charge, but I would have been completely within my rights to give the worthless bastards the old heave-ho – particularly as we were, mutatis mutandis, adrift in international waters. When the wind and rains abated, I ironically thanked them for their lack of help and offered up a calming round of drinks – to this day they remain blissfully unaware their gin was liberally commingled with bilge water, prompting an all-night chorus of heaving and diarrhea – let’s just say no one would have mistaken the violent intestinal voiding with the acappella stylings of my beloved Whiffenpoofs.”

Atlantic High, Racing through Paradise and Airborne are the three books…Airborne is my favorite…but none of them are really about sailing!

I will listen to the Brightman/Thompson duet as soon as I get a few minutes! thanks.

I could never get into William Buckley. It seemed like in every book of his, the yacht that he was sailing on had radar, for crying out loud. Give me Dove or Call of the Sea or Eric Hiscock’s books, or anything older (say before '70). Or the fictitious The Compleat Cruiser (even if L.F. Herreshoff is insufferably opinionated at times).

She originally played Christine in Phantom. I also believe she was once married to Andrew Lloyd Webber. But I agree, she’s very beautiful and has a wonderful voice.

I love Andrea Bocelli. My two favorite songs of his are Con te Partiro and Pero te Extrano.

Speaking of which here is Con te Partiro with the both of them.

Cam,

*You’re welcome and anyone who is an admirer of WFB and National Review will surely make a useful contribution to the board.

• I have been a subscriber to National Review for many years and have spent hours reading Willian F. Buckley’s stuff therein, plus reading in his books. I used to drop by the public library where they had his political stuff, his novels, and his sailing books and read in them ~~ actually surfing along in them as well as in other books I had taken from the shelves.

• National Review had a department where readers could write letters to WFB. One reader, Mr. Hadley, wrote, "Mr. Buckley, when I read your columns I can never tell for certain if you are “for it” or “against it.”

Buckley wrote back with his usual wit, “Dear Mr. Hadley, I am against it.”

:biggrin:
(A reply such as that was very characteristic of WFB.)

• Alas over the years I have put Mr. Buckley on the back burner and moved on to other lights and ornaments of the Conservative Movement. Add’l these days my real heros are Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Apostle Paul. :biggrin:

*Eh, thats astounding ! Let us not think long and hard about that, otherwise we shall have to draw unpleasant conclusions about U-Know-Who ! :biggrin:

• The above quote was from one of WFB’s unpublished notebooks, wasn’t it ? (See the links below.)

*** You will, I think, be interested in these web pages:**
(The all to human Mr. William F. Buckley ???) :biggrin:

Bill Buckley
`
Sportsman’s Daily - Bill_Buckley

And in another vein this very interesting page:
William F. Buckley Jr., 1925-2008
“Remembrances of the National Review founder by James Michener, Jackie Robinson, Ted Koppel, Andrea Dworkin, Oliver North, Mike Wallace and other notables.”
William F. Buckley Jr., 1925-2008 - Dana Cook - Salon.com

Cheers.

PS
:biggrin:Out of charity I am going to hold, until I am faced with better evidence, that Mr. Buckley was merely letting off fictional steam in his journals with a highly active imagination and did not actually put bilge water in the drinks of his companions and did not actually procure a wench at the sight of the nearest land.
Bill Buckley

Thanks for posting that, Seravee. Its a truly beautiful version of Time To Say Goodby. I had planned to post a link to this very vid sometime later today, but am very glad you beat me to it. I like Bocelli admirers, they have soul :biggrin:.

I have had the same vid you posted in my YouTube Faves for quite some time. It is a small world, eh ?

For the thread, here are the English lyrics to Time To Say Goodby:
( Con te Partiro)

Time To Say Goodby

When I’m alone
I dream on the horizon
And words fail;
Yes, I know there is no light
In a room
Where the sun is not there
If you are not with me.
At the windows
Show everyone my heart
Which you set alight;
Enclose within me
The light you
Encountered on the street.

Time to say goodbye,
To countries I never
Saw and shared with you,
Now, yes, I shall experience them,
I’ll go with you
On ships across seas
Which, I know,
No, no, exist no longer;
With you I shall experience them.

When you are far away
I dream on the horizon
And words fail,
And yes, I know
That you are with me;
You, my moon, are here with me,
My sun, you are here with me.
With me, with me, with me,

Time to say goodbye,
To countries I never
Saw and shared with you,
Now, yes, I shall experience them,
I’ll go with you
On ships across seas
Which, I know,
No, no, exist no longer;
With you I shall re-experience them.
I’ll go with you
On ships across seas
Which, I know,
No, no, exist no longer;
With you I shall re-experience them.
I’ll go with you,
I with you.

Time To Say Goodbye Lyrics - Andrea Bocelli

Excerpt from Wiki:
“Con te partirò” (literally meaning “With you I will leave”) is an Italian Classical crossover song written by Francesco Sartori (music) and Lucio Quarantotto (lyrics).

It was first sung by Andrea Bocelli at the 1995 San Remo Festival and recorded on his album of the same year, Bocelli. The single was first released as an A-side single with “Vivere” in 1995, topping the charts, first in France, where it became one of the best selling singles of all time, and then in Belgium, breaking the all-time record sales there.

A second version of the song, sung partly in English, released as “Time to Say Goodbye”, paired Bocelli with English soprano Sarah Brightman, and achieved even greater success, topping charts all across Europe, including Germany, where it became the biggest-selling single in history.
[1][2]

That version alone has now sold more than 12 million copies worldwide.
[3]
End excerpt.

Con te partirò - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers & Magnificient Music !

http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2009-03/1236794679_sb.jpg

Here is the list of songs on this DVD (it also has a CD if you order this particular item from Amazon.com referenced in one of my posts above.)

(1) Pie Jesu

(2) Fleurs Dumal

(3) Symphony

(4) Sanvean

(5) Canto Della Terra ( duet w/Alessandro Safini, and embeded above)

(6) Sarai Qui (There You’ll Be) Duet w/Alessandro Safini, and embeded above.

(7) Attesa

(8) I Will Be With You (Where The Lost Ones Go) Duet w/Chris Thompson

(9) Storia D’Amore

(10) Pasion (Duet with Ferniando Lima

(11) Running

(12) Let It Rain

(13) The Phantom Of The Opera (Duet w/Chris Thompson)

(14) Time To Say Goodby

(15) Ava Maria

There is not, imo, a single song on this DVD that is not top notch singing and top notch quality. Every song is exceptionally beautiful and up-lifting.

This DVD has clear video, not like the YouTube vids from this DVD (embeded above) that lose some of their clarity in the up-load.

Here is a write-up on this concert.
**Start Quote: **
"Sarah Brightman - Symphony - Live in Vienna 2008
Live in Vienna within the mystical walls of Stephansdom (St. Stephen’s) Cathedral in the heart of where classical music evolved - Vienna, Austria.
Brightman chose one of Europe’s most majestic settings for this milestone concert event. Consecrated in 1147, Stephansdom (St. Stephen’s) Cathedral is renowned for its awe-inspiring Gothic architecture, which, along with the production’s lavish light show, lends a dramatic and mystical feel to the musical proceedings.

“It’s a very special place,” Brightman says of the cathedral. “There’s a dark romanticism and fairy-tale feeling within it. When you walk in, it envelops you. It’s large, but at the same time you feel very at home there and quite cozy. I wanted an architectural setting that suggested faith. I think of all the cathedrals in the world, this is one of my favorites, which is why it was important to me to perform this concert there.”

Backed by a live rock band and a full orchestra, Brightman delivers passionate performances of songs." End Of Quote

Here is a link to the song The Phantom Of The Opera from this DVD.
YouTube - Sarah Brightman & C.Thompson - The Phantom Of The Opera

:biggrin: WFB was one of a kind to be sure, and was sorta like caviar, in that most people either liked him a lot, or not all that much.

In another vein here is Oliver North having fun ( I think ) with Mr. Buckley’s persistent use of “$5.00” words.

Start quote:
Oliver North, Army officer and Iran-Contra scandal protagonist: Poor posture, good vocabulary:

Seymour Hersh, the reporter who first broke the My Lai story, came out with a book about the incident in which he suggested that war crimes were commonplace in Vietnam. After Hersh appeared on William F. Buckley’s “Firing Line,” three of us who taught at Quantico [Marine Corps University] … wrote a letter to Mr. Buckley, expressing our outrage at Hersh’s insinuations.

Not only did Buckley write back, but he invited us to appear on “Firing Line,” to discuss the issue …

We taped the show at American University in Washington. I was struck by Buckley’s posture: he slouched so badly that I thought he was about to fall off his chair.

I have never been nervous about speaking in public, and the prospect of appearing on any other television show would not have bothered me. But to be interviewed by William F. Buckley was more than a little intimidating. Should I bring along a dictionary? Not having gone to Yale, I was not incontrovertibly certain that I would comprehend the copious elongated locutions he was inclined to approbate. In the end, I managed to understand most of Buckley’s vocabulary and all of his questions. (1971) End quote

From “Under Fire: An American Story,” by Oliver L. North with William Novak (HarperCollins, 1991)

William F. Buckley Jr., 1925-2008 - Dana Cook - Salon.com

Cheerfulness & Hope Faith Love.

Ack!!! Army Officer?
NOOOOOOOO!!!
Ollie is a Marine.

Exactly! Ollie is a Marine.

I took that quote from salon.com, which might explain things. I’ll have to google “salon.com” to be absolutely sure, but off-hand my guess is they are a gaggle of befuddled liberals whose editor neglected to make sure Dana Cook got her facts straight. :biggrin:

Thanks for catching that.

Cheers.

Video Of The Day:
YouTube - Charles Johnson, Stephen Hill - I’m Rich

I like Ollie. I wish he’d have more success in his attempt at elected office.

Me too, but Col. Oliver North is a great Conservative American, a good Family man, and a former military man who actually takes a stand and does not budge. That means he would not be welcome in The Halls Of The Wimps where bowing-and-scraping-appeasement to the demands of every “victim” group on the planet is celebrated as a virture by most politicians.

Cheers.

I Am Thankful There Is More To Life Than Politics And Politicians:
YouTube - Tanya Tucker & Delbert McClinton - Tell Me About It.flv

`