Scandal-Plagued Steve Capus Out as NBC News President
by John Nolte
For months now, Breitbart News has made Steve Capus the poster boy for the ongoing scandals and instances of editorial fraud that occurred under his watch as NBC News president. During his tenure, no fewer than the equivalent of five RatherGates happened; and after two, three and four of these incidents, it became glaringly apparent that Capus was the problem. Today, action was finally taken. Capus is no longer with NBC News.
Whether Capus resigned or was forced out because someone on the NBC board finally decided his moral illiteracy needed to come to an end doesn’t matter. What matters is that a management style that either encouraged this fraud or was helpless to stop it is out.
The rap sheet against Capus isn’t troubling, surprising, or even disturbing – it is breathtaking:
1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.
2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.
3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.
4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.
5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.
what this presages, if anything, remains to be seen. Capus may soon find a senior executive job elsewhere in the MSM. The soon-to-come new president of NBC News may be Tweedledum to Capus’ Tweedledee. But for now, good riddance!