Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says

I could never have served in congress because on my first day … I’d probably be in jail!:firing:

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., caused a scene at a Manhattan restaurant when he began yelling at a wealthy and well-connected Donald Trump supporter that the POTUS is “a liar.”

Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, lost his cool on Sunday night at Upper East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, according to witnesses.

He was dining with friends when he encountered Joseph A. Califano Jr. — the former U.S. secretary of health, education and welfare under President Jimmy Carter and domestic policy adviser to President Lyndon B. Johnson — and his wife, Hilary, who were having a quiet dinner.

Onlookers said Schumer was incensed that Hilary — the daughter of William S. Paley, the founder and chairman of CBS — had voted for Trump, even though her husband, Joseph, is a well-known Democrat.

One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “ ‘How could you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’ ”

Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says | Fox News

> Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., caused a scene at a Manhattan restaurant when he began yelling at a wealthy and well-connected Donald Trump supporter that the POTUS is “a liar.”
>
> One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “ ‘How could you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’ ”

Not that I think Trump is all that honest, but this is exceedingly rich coming from the likes of (up) Chuck Schumer…

Is he as honest as you are? No disrespect intended but have you ever had dealings with mr. trump that indicates to you that he is dishonest? And your honesty? I mean…no one is perfect right? is he less honest than you? than any of us? You know what i’m talking about …none of us are good. Now…how about the repubs and the dems…are they more honest than Mr. Trump? Has Mr. Trump been keeping his promises? I would have to say yes…how about the dems and pubs…have they kept promises?

I have to agree that Trump has been keeping his campaign promises, so far as he legally can.
I’ve expressed several times, maybe not here, but I am quite pleased with him so far.

Not often I can say I’m glad I was wrong.

Ditto, Devilneck! I am finding that I was wrong about him too…so far, at least. Honest? He’s at LEAST as honest as any politician I’ve ever encountered, even though he’s sometimes a bit careless with his phraseology.

He’s kept some, not others. And I haven’t forgotten how he campaigned against Cruz and Carson.

I never implied that the Dems have room to talk (indeed, the fact that they (Schumer in particular) don’t was the point of my post).

Shumer said 3 days ago “The refusal to consider Garlands nomination for the Supreme Court was unprecedented”.

That was just the latest complete lie that I am aware of and I don’t follow him that close except to laugh.

Andrew Jackson (1 Nomination that the Senate refused to consider, he was renominated in the next Congress and confirmed) This was the Justice that later authored Dredd Scott (Taney)

Lyndon Johnson (2 Lame Duck nominations that the Senate refused to consider)

Andrew Johnson nominated a Justice that was so offensive the House of Representatives DOWNSIZED the Court to avoid him getting a hearing, they enlarged it again after Johnson was out of office.

Reagan had a nominee withdraw his own name after the Senate claimed that they would not give him a hearing due to him admitting he smoked dope in college and as a professor (Ginsburg)

Tyler had to make NINE nominations in order to fill TWO seats.

I guess it is possible that Shumer’s utter stupidity could be the cause of his error as opposed to his penchant for lying constantly but I doubt it, he just knows that most of the media will never point out his lies.

It’s his penchant for lying.

This contemporaneous article tells what Chuckles said when the “Lame Duck” President was an R (G. W. Bush).

Do we see desperation setting in with the hardline democrats as they see their relevancy waning? Schumer is among a bunch of old time democrats who have gone off the deep end striving to bring notoriety into their cause and as a result lost all sense of reality. And you know, sadly the left constituency seems to be eating this up because of a corrupt media egging them on.

Chucky is a waste, never held a job other than politics since '75. His net worth is hard to pin down, but appears to be in the low 7 figures (millions), which is not bad for a boy that has never worked…he is a scumbag.

I would like to see just how hardcore of a Dim he really is…load his butt in a open door Huey, go up to about 5000 ft and ask him if he wants to convert to the GOP, if he says no, then say fine, maybe Obama can bail yo azz out of the bind you are fixin to find yourself in, now flap yo arms boy…flap harder, FLAP HARDER!