See a pattern here?

Former French President and pop singer wife Carla Bruni gave America’s first couple more than $40,000 worth of gifts in a single year, it emerged today.
Presents included a designer Hermes golf bag and Baccarat crystal statuettes of players, according to newly released records.
The incredible generosity will not only further the Sarkozy’s Bling-Bling reputation, but confirm that he presided over one of the most spendthrift presidencies in French history.

Read more: Nicolas Sarkozy spent $40,000 on gifts for Barack and Michelle Obama in just one year | Mail Online

If you get deeper into the article you will note that not only the french President but ours as well has been living a very extravagant lifestyle at taxpayer expense. While the nation is reeling from economic woes the president is living it up.

With the realization that costs are going up on everyone from healthcare to new taxes that the democrats want to force on people, this nation will impode. Can you think of any other president that takes delight in holding events in which the American public is held with such scorn?

[quote=“samspade, post:1, topic:39225”]
Former French President and pop singer wife Carla Bruni gave America’s first couple more than $40,000 worth of gifts in a single year, it emerged today.
Presents included a designer Hermes golf bag and Baccarat crystal statuettes of players, according to newly released records.
The incredible generosity will not only further the Sarkozy’s Bling-Bling reputation, but confirm that he presided over one of the most spendthrift presidencies in French history.

Read more: Nicolas Sarkozy spent $40,000 on gifts for Barack and Michelle Obama in just one year | Mail Online

**If you get deeper into the article you will note that not only the french President but ours as well has been living a very extravagant lifestyle at taxpayer expense. While the nation is reeling from economic woes the president is living it up.**With the realization that costs are going up on everyone from healthcare to new taxes that the democrats want to force on people, this nation will impode. Can you think of any other president that takes delight in holding events in which the American public is held with such scorn?

[/quote] Name me any politican Republican or Democrat who hasn’t lived in luxury at the expense of Taxpayers? That’s what they do. Remember George W Bush’s $800 haircuts?

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:2, topic:39225”]
Name me any politican Republican or Democrat who hasn’t lived in luxury at the expense of Taxpayers? That’s what they do. Remember George W Bush’s $800 haircuts?
[/quote]I think that you are refering to John Edwards!

Bush has never even had $800.00 worth of hair!:cowboy:

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:3, topic:39225”]
I think that you are refering to John Edwards!

[/quote] My bad. Well, being as Taxpayers are currently shelling out $83,000 for George W Bush’s phone bills(Yeah that’s one bill) and $580,000 for Bill Clinton’s office in NY, You get the idea. With a phone bill like that he musta been calling his psychic or 1 900 BABES.

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:3, topic:39225”]
I think that you are refering to John Edwards!

[/quote]Notice how OSB tries to redirect the focus off the excesses of the Obamas’?

[quote=“samspade, post:5, topic:39225”]
Notice how OSB tries to redirect the focus off the excesses of the Obamas’?
[/quote] And Dubya didn’t enjoy extreme excesses at our expense? He still is! So is Clinton, so is Carter. That’s what they do! They use our money to pay for crap that should be coming out their own paychecks! Wake up man.

It should be noted that when POTUSes, regardless of party, are given gifts above a certain nominal value, those items become property of the US government.

$40,000 is not that much… why is that even a story?

Sarkozy should have beat Hollande, he’s not great but he was the best electable candidate.

Confirmed Porcine Aviators sighting!

Precisely! Even if the gift were $400K instead of $40K, such things are common among nations (both Presidents Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc. received such gifts) and the gift would be retained by the US government, not the Obama’s.

Well it looks like my point was completely overlooked to push other things. I talked about lavish lifestyles and what do I see lets dwell on the gift giving. I expect the usual from trekky

What president hasn’t had a lavish lifestyle? And if your point wasn’t about gifts, why mention it at all in OP?

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:2, topic:39225”]
Name me any politican Republican or Democrat who hasn’t lived in luxury at the expense of Taxpayers? That’s what they do. Remember George W Bush’s $800 haircuts?
[/quote]Sarah Palin.