Sen. Paul Declares Victory for Americans’ Right to Trial by Jury!

Thank God!
Sen. Paul Declares Victory for Americans’ Right to Trial by Jury Rand Paul | United States Senator

The amendment passed 67-29. Will post rollcall when I find it.

Some type of pro-liberty legislation passes in the United States of America of all places! I guess there is still hope.

I believe all it says is that indefinite detention has to be authorized by congress. Not much of a victory.

True, however I doubt we can get Congress to agree on which individuals to grab. The next step is to move that provision.

And to think of all of those Senators who still didn’t vote for the thing.

“The Feinstein amendment to the 2013 NDAA does NOT protect you from indefinite detention without charge or trial. In fact, it explicitly permits such detention so long as the detention is approved by an Act of Congress . . . such as the 2012 NDAA.” Rep Justin Amash

[quote=“Sway, post:5, topic:37312”]
“The Feinstein amendment to the 2013 NDAA does NOT protect you from indefinite detention without charge or trial. In fact, it explicitly permits such detention so long as the detention is approved by an Act of Congress . . . such as the 2012 NDAA.” Rep Justin Amash
[/quote]Not really sure what to think. I need some sleep first. Lee responds: Clarifying the Feinstein-Lee Amendment to Protect Americans Against Indefiinte Detention - Blog - Press Office - Mike Lee, United States Senator for Utah

At the very least the President is removed from the equation.