Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Mississippi) Receives Letter Laced with Ricin

Washington (CNN) – An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol’s off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was told the letter was addressed to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. A laboratory in Maryland confirmed the presence of ricin after initial field tests indicated the poison was present, according to Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Terrance Gainer.

However, the FBI said additional testing is needed as field and preliminary tests produce inconsistent results.

Envelope tests positive for ricin at Washington mail facility - CNN.com

Sen. Roger Wicker is one of the Republican senators who voted to end the filibuster on universal background checks.

Honestly, I only knew what ricin was because of Breaking Bad. :confused:

Sen. Roger Wicker is one of the Republican senators who voted to end the filibuster on universal background checks.

:asleep: He’s also an eeee-vile Republican and from the South (who are Racist! Racist! Racist!). Let’s leave off the :alien:-grade conspiracy-theory speculation and see what real motives might be discovered. :asleep:

As for the bogeyman gun-nuts, I wouldn’t think a poisoned letter would be their weapon of choice … can’t think of why … or what their :machinegu preferred weapon :machinegu might be …

Musta been some Prius driving, green , hippie Liberal who did it.

Know something concrete do you?

A letter to Obama has also tested positive for ricin

Equal Opportunity WMD’s

Moronicity is non-partisan.

Ricin…wasn’t there some foreign writer assassinated by the KGB via Ricin way back in the Cold War?

You’re probably thinking of the umbrella assassinations of the KGB…but here’s a wiki of all Ricin incidents:
Incidents involving ricin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like Trekky, I’ve only heard of this stuff because of Breaking Bad.

It’s times like these that I realize I musta read some weird stuff when I was young. I’ve known about ricin since like 5th grade

Looks like there are more letters that were sent.

http://img.pandawhale.com/30547-Yeah-science-gif-9HyV.gif

I lol’d

I wouldn’t be surprised if Obama and all those who met with him about the filibuster get letters. That’s just wild speculation though.

The letters say: “To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance.”

Umbrella, yes that would be the one.

Ricin comes from castor beans.
When I was a kid living near Oneco Florida there were lots of castor bean trees around and I remember Mama telling us not to put castor beans in our mouths, that they are poison and will kill you! They are pretty beans, something that kids would want to taste. I never put one in my mouth, thank you Mama.

Your second sentence got it right. The character had a personal beef with Wicker, and seems to have been bipolar and off his meds.

Ban Bi Polar people.

I am told that if you don’t actually USE Ricin…but just grind up the beans…they will test positive for Ricin despite not being a banned substance.
I’m gonna guess that there was NOT any actual ricin in the letters…based on who this guy is and his methods.
I’ll be interested in seeing the final lab reports…and how THAT may affect his prosecution.