Sensei's of the left

I would like to stick this thread, so folks can post “Sensei’s of the left” and utterly destroy the “sensei’s” talking points.

First up will be none other than the “grand master” of convaluted tripe…Ladies and gentlemen lets all give a big fat BOOOOO for Noam Chomsky!!

The devotion of Chomsky’s followers is summarized by radio producer David Barsamian, who describes the master’s effulgence in openly religious terms: “He is for many of us our rabbi, our preacher, our rinpoche, our sensei.”
Chomsky is more a cult figure—“the L. Ron Hubbard of the New Left,” one writer called him—than a writer or even a theorist. (Most of his “books” are pamphlets in disguise, collections of speeches, or interviews strung together, as in the case of the best selling* 9-11*, which was assembled by email with the assistance of his acolytes.) Rock groups such as Rage Against the Machine and pearl jam (pale horse edit, they are both suck ass band anyway) promote Chomsky at their concerts the way the Beatles once promoted the Guru Mahraraji, solemnly reading excerpts from his work in between sets and urging their followers to read him too

The Sick Mind of Noam Chomsky
By David Horowitz

There are many who ask how it is possible that our most privileged and educated youth should come to despise their own nation – a free, open, democratic society – and to do so with such ferocious passion. They ask how it is possible for American youth to even consider lending comfort and aid to the Osama bin Ladens and the Saddam Husseins (and the Communists before them). A full answer would involve a search of the deep structures of the human psyche, and its irrepressible longings for a redemptive illusion. But the short answer is to be found in the speeches and writings of an embittered academic and his intellectual supporters.

For forty years, Noam Chomsky has turned out book after book, pamphlet after pamphlet and speech after speech with one message, and one message alone: America is the Great Satan; it is the fount of evil in the world. In Chomsky’s demented universe, America is responsible not only for its own bad deeds, but for the bad deeds of others, including those of the terrorists who struck the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. In this attitude he is the medium for all those who now search the ruins of Manhattan not for the victims and the American dead, but for the “root causes” of the catastrophe that befell them.

In his first statement on the terrorist attack, Chomsky’s response to Osama bin Laden’s calculated strike on a building containing 50,000 innocent human beings was to eclipse it with an even greater atrocity he was confident he could attribute to former president Bill Clinton. Chomsky’s infamous September 12 statement “On the Bombings” began:

The terrorist attacks were major atrocities. In scale they may not reach the level of many others, for example, Clinton’s bombing of the Sudan with no credible pretext, destroying half its pharmaceutical supplies and killing unknown numbers of people (no one knows, because the US blocked an inquiry at the UN and no one cares to pursue it).(4)

Observe the syntax. The opening reference to the actual attacks is clipped and bloodless, a kind of rhetorical throat clearing for Chomsky to get out of the way, so that he can announce the real subject of his concern – America’s crimes. The accusation against Clinton is even slipped into the text, weasel fashion, as though it were a modifier, when it is actually the substantive message itself. It is a message that says: Look away, America, from the injury that has been done to you, and contemplate the injuries you have done to them. It is in this sleight of hand that Chomsky reveals his true gift, which is to make the victim, America, appear as an even more heinous perpetrator than the criminal himself. However bad this may seem, you have done worse.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=1020

Chomsky is truly a vile human being. And yes, rage against the machine and pearl jam do suck.

:yeahthat:

I’ve only heard the name, rage against the machine, and know that leftist love them but, nothing more. I’m not interested. Pearl Jam had a couple of songs that were OK but, I wasn’t impressed with them.

You know that your getting old when you go to the music section and most of the bands on the shelf are completely unknown to you.

Now, if you want truly talented rock music, I must refer you guys to the band, RUSH. Their stuff is so complicated that most bands can’t even attempt to play their music–and they’re only a 3 piece band.

Rage Against the Machine even donates money to South American Left wing guerilla groups.

And Rush is pretty good, their drummer rocks.

I’m going to show my age but I saw Rush in concert in 1976. They put on a great show.

If I remember right, the members of Rush are libertarians and followers of Ayn Rand. Which is good when you consider that most rock musicians tend to be druggy leftists.

[quote=“Red_Ohio, post:8, topic:6261”]
I’m going to show my age but I saw Rush in concert in 1976. They put on a great show.

If I remember right, the members of Rush are libertarians and followers of Ayn Rand. Which is good when you consider that most rock musicians tend to be druggy leftists.
[/quote]I don’t know all about his politics, but Ted Nugent is pro-gun and pro-hunting.

All three members of the band are so awesome that most musicians are incapable of playing their music. It’s difficult to find three musicians that are as knowledgable and as talented that won’t let the fragile yet, over-inflated egos get in the way.

I saw them in 1981 (I was a senior in HS) and several times since. I saw their 30th anniversary tour in 2004. AWSOME! Most people can’t believe that they are only a trio.

You are right. I haven’t heard him make a declaration but, I would say pro-military Libertarian fits him well.

It never creases to amaze me that some people want to even read the writings of someone who continues to criticise the very institutions that he lives under.

If he really was sincere, he would move from the U.S. to some other country. Perhaps he should stop taking money from the very same industry that he complains so much about.

He is a whiner and other whiners just lap it up to have some one share in their misery. Whoa is me–Whoa is me–I have it so ruff

Oh my Lord, I loathe Chomsky and his whole anarcho-syndicalist movement. He makes Nancy Pelosi look like Barry Goldwater.

I read two of Chomsky’s books and let me sum it up: Utter tripe

Next leftist loony to discuss: Tony Blair.

http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Yawn.gif

Been awhile since I posted in here, but this guy is clearly a “SENSEI OF THE LEFT”

George Soros Clarifies ‘Nazi’ Statement

Billionaire Bush-basher George Soros admitted to "a bad choice of words” when he made comments that seemed to compare the United States to Nazi Germany.
In remarks to a group of reporters, Soros said the U.S. needed to admit it had made a mistake in waging war in Iraq and then drum out the responsible parties.
"America needs to follow the policies it has introduced in Germany,” he declared. "We have to go through a certain de-Nazification process.” The New York Post slammed Soros in a February 18 editorial headlined "Soros’ Latest Slur,” pointing out that "de-Nazification was the post-World War II process by which Germany and Austria were forcibly cleansed of any and all remnants of their Nazi past.”
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/2/23/171540.shtml?s=ic

Another self hating billionair, incoherent kook moonbat.

Soros has caused more hunger, political turmoil, and hopelessness than almost anyone alive recently. He made his money buy driving down currency in many poor parts of the world.

And thats why the moonies must love him. Take a cruel tyrant like Castro …moonies love him to…go figure.:hippy:

You are dead on correct!

I am always amused by some hollywood snot (Clooney, Penn, Robbins, take your pick) living HIGH in the hollywood hills, acting stupid, wasting money, embracing the lowest common denomenator – then appearing at some political function TO TELL ME about the world :wink:

Please, save it for your rehab story…in my mind I would just as soon take accounting lessons from Mike Tyson than to look to them to be an expert on expert.

The memorize lines and wear make-up for pete’s sake – they aren’t messiahs!

:angry26:

Acting is a children’s game. They love to play “pretend.” Trouble with these clowns, they love to play “pretend,” too, but then they think it’s real.

Some years ago, Coldplay (decent group, btw) went on an anti-capitalist tirade calling it ‘the system of Satan’