Server Testing

I’m running a test on the server for the next ~4 hours. Let me know if you notice anything acting different from normal.

What I expect might happen: slight increase or decrease in page load times.

What I hope doesn’t happen: problems posting or accessing the site.

What I’ve so far seen: no significant change in page load times, and no issues using the site.

Seems to me I’m getting more lag in page loading. I’m on dial-up, so maybe that magnifies the difference. The DC Vacation thread in the Cigar Lounge is taking forever to load. Part of it is that my Kaspersky anti virus started updating its database, but I think it was already taking a long time before the Kaspersky started.

That could be possible, FC. I’m just hoping nobody has trouble posting / accessing the site.

I’ve extended the test.
Please note any issues here

The site has slowed down for me. I click on something and it takes longer for it to load.

Thanks for the report.

The test phase is finishing up now. Over the next 12 hours, RO will transition to its new servers. There should be no noticeable downtime, I’m hoping it goes very smooth (and the past 24 hours of tests was part of this).

Once the site is fully on the new servers, it’ll probably take another 24 hours before I can tune it to be just as fast as before. Although, the site might be just fine without tuning (it’ll naturally speed up once the transfer is done).

It’s about noon here in Arizona (Pacific time), on the 22nd, and everything loads just fine for me.

I am not getting Email notifications when new posts are made in threads I am subscribed to, this seems to coincide with the server update.

Thanks, RET. I noticed my own email yesterday but now am certain it is a global issue. Will fix it up and report back.

How is the speed now that we’re completely on the new servers?

How is it now that we’re completely on the new servers?

Seems okay.

[quote=“RET423, post:8, topic:40726”]
I am not getting Email notifications when new posts are made in threads I am subscribed to, this seems to coincide with the server update.
[/quote]Have EXACTLY the SAME issue. It’s about 2PM, the 25th (Pacific Time) right now, and I just checked my email, and still NOTHING from RO.

I’m working on the mail issue. Made some modifications, but not yet sure if they’ll fix the issue.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:14, topic:40726”]
I’m working on the mail issue. Made some modifications, but not yet sure if they’ll fix the issue.
[/quote]Relatively minor considering the improvement in loading. I DO appreciate your attendance to all the issues, though. Thanks, genuinely.

I got a couple email notifications today so I thought it was fixed but when I got home and check “Subscribed Threads” I see that most did not send me a notification, including this thread.

I don’t know if this is a forum issue or a problem with my computer, but yesterday every time I clicked on an email link to open a thread, it took forever. I re-booted a couple of times and even switched to IE and Firefox, but it was the same response. Even when I was able to get into the forum, if I clicked on a reply or to read a thread, it took forever. Today (8-27, 6 a.m.) doesn’t seem to have that problem.

I’ll look into it. Most likely the forum server is not finely tuned yet.

Email notification out completely today for me.

[quote=“RET423, post:19, topic:40726”]
Email notification out completely today for me.
[/quote]Same here.