Sheriff David Clarke: My message for America’s black community – It’s time to leave t

As someone who grew up in a difficult part of Toronto and around poverty, his message is powerful, succinct and in many cases quite accurate. I simply had to post this after stumbling on it on Fox.com, well worth your five minutes:

Sheriff David Clarke: My message for America

Some of his opinion piece:

The men and women I work with in law enforcement deal with the consequences of the Democrats’ selfish policies to encourage reliance on government, dependency instead of independence, and victimhood instead of the promise of earning your way to financial security. By the time we interact with them, the toll of ineffective, absent parenting and the likelihood of the missing father figure, have already so negatively impacted the young men and women of these communities that the police are met with aggressive and often dangerous challenges to our attempt to keep the peace and protect the community.

Don't blame the police for having to deal  aggressively due to underclass dysfunctional lifestyles brought on by  failed liberal Democrat policies that keep blacks mired in a position of  living life at the bottom.

The contrast between the two parties’ governing  philosophies could not be clearer—and the leaders they have chosen,  including the staffers exposed through the Wikileaks reveal could not  provide a starker contrast for the American people.

His messaging is off. He’s framing it as “You’re a dependent failure. Cut it out!” which no one responds well to. In order to accept his overall message, they must first accept that they are in the wrong. Any attempt at persuasion that is based “You’re wrong, now let me explain why I’m right” is doomed to fail.

Preferable is similar to this:
Democrats aren’t fighting to bring you jobs. They pay for housing to keep you out of their neighborhoods. They aren’t helping you, they’re herding you. And these corrupt, life-long politicians are using your votes to keep themselves in power, and to keep things exactly like they are.

You’re poorer than your grandparents were, even though they faced much stronger and more direct racism. Democrats make promises to you that they don’t keep. Things never get better for you under their policies. All these years they say they’ll fight for you, and yet the only people who are prospering are the already rich. Washington has failed you for decades. That’s why you should consider someone who is not of Washington. What is happening now isn’t working. Supporting Clinton is just voting for more of the same. If even Obama couldn’t do anything for you, what do you expect from Clinton? When things aren’t working, it’s time to try something new.

I bumped into him in my travels, I knew him from him being on Fox. So I walked over and asked if it was him and said, yes, we ended up having dinner together…ONE HELLVA OF MAN, WOW, just WOW. Never the end I asked him if he was former military as he certainly seemed to be. He laughed and said no, but his dad was Airborne, Ranger, Special Forces career soldier and as hard as nails at home as he was in his career.

If I were POTUS he would be my pick for DHS, to clean the mess up.

There’s some great comments on this topic!!!