Shock - Teaching to the Test

Obama administration announces new testing guidelines

WASHINGTON — Stressed-out students nationwide, take note. Relief is on the way.

After years of complaints from teachers, parents and students alike, the Obama administration on Saturday announced new guidelines toward standardized tests, saying kids spend too much time taking “unnecessary” exams in schools.

In a Facebook video message, President Barack Obama said he hears from parents who worry about “too much testing, and from teachers who feel so much pressure to teach to a test that it takes the joy out of teaching and learning.”
“I want to fix that,” he said.

The Department of Education said “the Administration bears some of the responsibility for” the issue, releasing a “Testing Action Plan” outlining new principles for measuring student aptitude. The plan says current policies have led to “unnecessary testing” with “not enough clarity of purpose.”

I don’t know how much help this will be, as he wants to cap class time spent on testing to 2%, down from an avg. of 2.34%.

Look how well it worked for him. And he wants this regulation for all 57 states.

Now that’s funny no matter who you are.

I still want to see his school transcripts since it has been alleged that people do not remember him there as well as receiving poor grades for the classes he did bother to attend. We do know he does not have much of a work ethic.